What Was Your First Reaction?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by image_distort, Aug 16, 2002.

image_distort

image_distort Well-Known Member

-::So what was the first thing that came in mind when you first heard any song by Linkin park::-

-::Crawling was the first song I heard, when I heard it the first time, I was like shocked on hearing Chester screeming his lungs out, and I actually laughed (Don't Ban me). Well what was your first reaction::-

-::Be honest, even if you wished on killing Linkin Park ;)::-

Alex

Alex Ambient

I saw One Step Closer on MTV and I was like *jaw drop*! They seemed so fresh, cool and different to the Limp Bizkit kinda nu-metal, I just had to go the album became crazy about them!!

I have no idea what my life would be like without LP ^_^

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

I first heard Crawling at my mates house... (unfortunatly she has now turned into a teenie) at first...I didn't notice...but then I heard it again on Kerrang and saw the vid and stuff and I was like HOLY CHRIST! (sorry to those that may be offended :chemist: ) It was pretty weird but I got into it....eventually :D

Bn/Thg:930

Bn/Thg:930 Guest

One step closer was the first one i heard. I thought it was tight. I didnt know they had a rapper then.

image_distort

image_distort Well-Known Member

-::I had the same feeling when I heard Crawling and then One step closer ::- :D

Bn/Thg:930

Bn/Thg:930 Guest

well i bought the album when it came out before crawling so i found out then. But i didnt like Mike's raps at first but then i heard Place for my head and papercut and I loved his raps.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I hated One Step Closer when I originally heard/saw it. Then I saw/heard Crawling and I thought, "okay, so they'll be two hits wonder band" then I randomly downloaded Papercut...after that, there was no turning back

Kuro-san

Kuro-san Guest

The first song I ever heard was In The End. I really got into the sound and was looking for more songs by them. Someone told me to download Place For My Head and I fell in love with it. I haven't looked back since and I own both LP albums. =P

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

the first one i heard was One Step Closer. me and my bro saw it at the same time and for the rest of the day we were going on bout how good it was. i have liked lp since that day!! :rolleyes:

White Pony(turntables)

White Pony(turntables) Ambient

the fisrt time i heard LP it was one step closer and i peed in my pants cuz it was a new band and i was so excited :lol:

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

the first song i heard/saw was One Step Closer on a commercial for Hybrid Theory cd. i thought it was cool, and i wasn't paying attention to the name of the band so i was like "ok, something about a park?". so for several weeks, i didn't know who this band was until i kept hearing OSC on the radio and that's when i really became a fan of Linkin Park.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I first heard one step closer on the radio then downloaded it on napster (i miss napster so much)

then a couple months later I heard crawling on the radio. napster again. then a friend was listening to hybrid theory at school and I asked him to burn a copy for me. when I got home the next day with my burned copy I fell in :wub: with it. that was more than a year ago. i still love that CD. then I bought reanimation the day after it came out.....

Bryan

Bryan Guest

first song i heard was One Step Closer. and i was watching the video on MTV and i was like "holy sh*t, this kicks ass" and i got the album within the next few days

LPchick4ever

LPchick4ever Ambient

i remember mah sis was like "thats linkin park" when the osc vid played on mtv or sumthing i was like "oh" then i watched it for awhile then i left the room. i dont remember it vividly, i probably have heard osc on the radio before i saw the vid. but way back then, i was into pop and hip hop and i hated 107.7 the end (local rock station). but yeah everythings vice versa now.

Magick

Magick Ambient

I heard "Crawling" on the radio, and at the time, I wasn't feeling too good about anything, and it was just like, wow, these lyrics are so awesome and it was like they knew exactly how I felt. *Sighs* :wub: :)

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Am I the only one who didnt like LP initially? I feel so left out, an outcast of the LPAF :p

Alex

Alex Ambient

I set you up your own chair in the corner of the forum, I rushed the coding of it so it might not be that comfortable muwhahaha

:D

Jessica

Jessica Banned

i just thought like wow amazing..cuz i haven't heard all the tracks b4 it came out..and i really saved my ears for a realy good suprise..thing..lol

CinnamonSpider

CinnamonSpider Well-Known Member

first song i heard was One Step Closer on the radio while station surfing, it was like..."HEY! leave that shyt there, thaz a some tight shyt"
    now, since when is a rock song referred as "tight" ? :lol: i'm just a hip-hop head. LP was my gateway into rock :D

Carlinha

Carlinha Well-Known Member

the same happened to me. I hated OSC so much and i was like, who the hell are those guys. But then i heard Crawling and i went nuts :lol: