Follow the Next-Gen Console Wars

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Ant, Nov 19, 2006.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I hated the original Xbox controller, but I love the 360 for some reason. I don't know why since it's essentially the same, but I think it feels amazing, especially for FPS games.

The Wii I can't comment on. Haven't tried it yet, actually.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Sony already admitted their console was made for the "hardcore" audience. :lol: Also, as I said earlier, if Sony wants to stay on top, they have to push for exclusives like the PS2 had. They dropped the ball with Grand Theft Auto, so the next best thing is to be aggressive with what they have. More space should mean more content. Sony should have developers who produce multi-console games to add something extra, much like Sony did back in the day with the Megaman series.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

For those of you think Blu-Ray might not survive, Apple thinks different. Of course, still speculation, but it's possible.

Ant

Ant Ambient

You honestly mean to tell me that, even if this speculation is true, Apple is going to have a difference by putting it in its computers?

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Apple isn't a small company anymore. More and more people are starting to buy Apple computers now. Include the Blu-ray drive into their computers, and there you go, you've highly boosted the chance of BR going mainstream.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if this is false. *shrug*

Ant

Ant Ambient

Apple never has been a small company. But one brand name putting their effort behind a product isn't going to do too much in the computer industry. Just because they put it in their computers doesn't mean anything.

I mean, yes, technically anything like that will help it become more popular. But it's not going to push it over the hump. Even Microsoft doesn't have that kind of sway with technologies like this -- hence why the HD-DVD hasn't become standard either.

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

i don't mind paying however much for the PS3, i'm still getting one on launch day, yeah it's expensive, but because of BR and graphics quality, i'm fine with paying for it.