Employment

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Branden, Oct 7, 2006.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I put in my application only two days ago (three now) so I'm not going to jump the gun or anything. I know they're hiring but they also said they haven't gotten many applications in because not many people actually know they're hiring. My girlfriend just started working there on Friday and she'd only put her application in six days beforehand so I think I'll be good to go. I mean, you're right, I'll call them if it's seemed like it's taken too long to hear back from them, but I don't want to seem desperate or anything. :lol:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I work at a DIY store known as "Focus", hahaha. It's pretty good, the people I work with are great and the work is straight forward when you've been doing it for about 6 months or so. I won Employee of the Month in July, I was great proud as I'm only part-time and I've only been there for about 6 months or so. :)

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

It has nothing to do with Scandanivia :lol: Its a Dutch thing :p

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

They have Captain D's there?
    I thought it was a local thing.
    It's pretty good food if I'm in the mood for greasy seafood.
    Which surprisingly is pretty often.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

:lol: Yeah, it's a really-Dutchy thing. Only picking Tulips would be more Dutch.

____

I worked in a supermarket called Carrefour over summer. It was a nice job. I didn't have really long days, only 6 hours max a day actually.

I did the dry-food (?) department. That's everything in cans, boxes and bottles, really. :p

I really liked doing it but sometimes I got frustrated because it was the first time I ever worked somewhere and they didn't give much information on what I had to do... I usually just did the liquids (drinks). I kind of was the head of that part of the store when there weren't any real employees. :lol:

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Mothers/Fathers resturant

"hello, good <after noon, morening, evening> what kind of drink would you like?"

[5 mineuts pass after ive served drinks]

"Well, Ready to order? [ useally its a yes]"

"alright, be back with it in <5-20 mineuts> [ depends on how many people. ]
    "alright, hows the food guys?"
    "heres your check, enjoy.

^ dads.
    ---
    "Well, heres your seats, would you like anything to drink?"
    [yes or no]
    "Okay, enjoy your meal"
    " hows the food?"
    "heres your check."

^ mothers.

yea...Working as a waiter in a all you can eat buffet is um...difficult to eat.
    Workng at a resturant though, its pretty rewarding. pay + tip for how well you treat them :lol:

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

I'm currently working at Perimeter Airlines. Not a bad job actually, and certainly a step up from what I was doing last (tech support for inept idiots).

Not making the best wage right now (8 bucks an hour), but it's a career move, and pretty soon I'll be on the Metroliner II aka the Death Tube, aka the Kerosene Crowbar, aka "that noisy fucking thing".

For now though, I chuck cargo and write airbills. And take everyone's money. And still troll this place all the time.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I work at Target. Depending on the day, I can be found on the sales floor, at the operator's desk, in the photo lab, at a cash register, in the pharmacy, or out back hocking discarded pharmaceuticals. I have also been known to work in the stockroom and chase carts.

It could be worse, I'm making decent money and the people I work with aren't bad, but customers just piss me off.

Viper62

Viper62 Well-Known Member

Whooh :| why do you know this?

I work in a supermarket, it pays a louzy 4 euro's an hour but i like the working conditions.
    I will be a student for the next 4 (5) years so i wont get any better work till then

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

i was there part time for a bit, funny really...

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

wikipedia :lol:

Viper62

Viper62 Well-Known Member

ahh right

heb je m al besteld?

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I work at FutureShop (www.futureshop.ca) as a Products Expert (commission salesperson). I started there as a Sales Associate (fixed salary) but moved up to this position. I used to sell computer peripherals and components, but now I get to work in the Communications departement, which offers cameras, PDAs, cell phones, cordless phones and more. It's a motivating job and I usually end up with a very interesting salary (if we get enough customers). Moreover, FutureShop being a very recognized store here, it's the kind of job you want to boast on your resume - Dell even tried to recruit me to work at a store they'll open soon here :lol: .

My second job is to be a civilian instructor at a Navy Cadet Corps - my principal responsabilites are to make orders for equipment and uniforms, to give classes and to ensure everyone follows the set of rules that come together with being a cadet. I really enjoy it cause it's only one or sometimes two days a week and it's a nice break from a "normal" job. I shall be in uniform (military instructor) soon.

Finally, I repair computers and program various devices as a sideline. It's a nice way to make easy money when I have some spare time.

Oh, and I still go to school (college) :lol: .

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

I do that too :lol:

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Now that's a nice thing to do :lol:.

@Chris- Scandanavian....Dutch....Meh whatever :lol:

Wikipedia rawks.

@Anthony- It sounds nice. Are you good at that stuff?

devilsnight2003

devilsnight2003 Dogs Don't kill People, Wabbits Do

i dont work ar all but i used to work in a petrol station, kids had a great idea to throw fire works at the place, glad im not there anymore.

At the minute ive just applied to mcdonalds, buger king etc etc

colin83089

colin83089 Well-Known Member

I work at a wonderful place of happiness and joy known to man as Jamba Juice... Actually it sucks... I've worked there for over a year and am about to be promoted to manager, but smiling all day is not my idea of fun. Oh well, it pays the bills (@ $11.50 an hour). Come and visit me sometime when you visit Maui.^_^

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

:lol: I KNEW I would get this question from someone.

But thankgod, no.