Whos the Best Rapper On Fort Minor

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Bailey, Aug 15, 2006.

Bailey

Bailey Active Member

Ok apart from Mike who do u guys hink is the best rapper in Fort Minor? Ryu is pretty good but Takbir's rapping has more feeling so what do u guys reckon???

Kilo Lee

Kilo Lee Guest

technically, the best has to be Mike, because Fort Minor is only Mike. Everyone else is pretty much making guest appearances....atleast thats what Mike says on the FM dvd.....

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Takbir i like the sound of his voice when he raps

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Out of all the guys FM worked with (album and mixtape), I'd say Apathy has the best flow, but Black Thought has the best delivery/lyrics.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

word; black thought. i liked ryu, common, apathy and ghostface, lupe and sixx john too, though.

the way i see it, they are all part of the fort minor project, because "fort minor" is not an alternate name for "mike shinoda" - mike put the project under that name and as all these artists are involved under it, they too can be noted under the name.

i find it weird, 'cause the live band is called "fort minor"; yet, the audiences would label "remember the name" with "fort minor feat. styles of beyond" when i think they should just be called "fort minor". or "mike shinoda feat. styles of beyond"; either way.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Technically, Fort Minor is Mike Shinoda. So, the best rapper, considering he is the only rapper, is Mike Shinoda. Although, if I'd have to make a choice on who I think is the best rapper to have collaborated with Fort Minor somehow, it'd have to be Lupe Fiasco.

Lupe's material is pretty damn awesome on the songs he has done with Mike (Spraypaint & Ink Pens, Be Somebody), but listening to his own material...he's absolutely incredible. You seriously have to check out his stuff. It's great.

As for the rappers who have worked frequently with Mike Shinoda (Styles of Beyond), Ryu is, in my opinion, better. Ryu has a great flow and his verses have always been good. If you hear his verse on "Do What We Did", it's one of the best verses he has done (with Fort Minor, that is), as well as his verses on "Remember the Name" and "Red to Black".

Takbir is very decent, and I like how he raps. His verses aren't very complex or fast, but they're not bad. Some of his best verses with Fort Minor are on "Do What We Did", "Red to Black", and "Bloc Party".

As far as other rappers go, Common and Black Thought are talented rappers, without a doubt, as well as Celph Titled and Apathy, but I don't really listen to them, and their verses with Fort Minor aren't the best. Apathy and Black Thought had great verses, but Common and Celph Titled weren't really up there.

So, yeah. The best rapper of Fort Minor is Mike Shinoda. But, in my opinion, his verses on "The Rising Tied" were a bit watered down with the exception of "Kenji" and "Cigarettes". He can definitely do better. His Xero raps and HTEP raps basically oust some of his raps on "The Rising Tied."

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

sorry scrach that - i take it back. i wouldnt say tak, i'd have to say Lupe. his flow is awesome

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
    Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Ryu.

Black Thought had the best verse, however.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Lupe Fiasco for "Spraypaint & Ink Pens", with Black Thought coming in at a close second for his verse in "Right Now".

minuteforce

i like lupe's verse on "spraypaint & inkpens", but i don't see what's so special about it ... oh, well.

oh, and, Mark, that is one kickass signature you have! :D

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
    heirofslytherin

heirofslytherin Well-Known Member

I have to go with Sixx John in There they go, Black thought in right now and Ryu as a whole. Not really into Tak's rapping.

PS: Fort Minor is founded by Mike Shinoda but it does not only encompass him alone. Didn't you hear what he said? He named the album “The rising tied” as it is a group of rising stars collaborating in an album.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Seeing as how Mike's the only rapper in Fort Minor, he's the best rapper.

However, I thoroughly enjoy Ryu and Tak on the album. They're amazing, and they're even better when they're writing their own verses for their own songs. Megadef is an amazing album.

I thoroughly enjoy Apathy and Black Thought, too. Everyone else is so-so.

Karin

Karin Member

To say the truth they are all awesome but Tak is a really good rapper...

Tornado

Tornado Active Member

I'm not so fond of fort minor.. sorry I choose Mike. :D It's almost the only one I know.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

apart from mike it was ryu who rapped best (apathy wasnt bad either..though he was on the mixtape)

Karin

Karin Member

Yeah in some way Ryu rapped really well, but Tak is more calm in respect to rapping, but in red to black deffnetly Ryu, he was great in that last part.

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

I'll say the person's name and the songs they're on that I like.

-Ryu...RTN, RtB, FLH, Believe Me, Do What We Did
    -Lupe Fiasco...Spraypaint and Inkpens <3
    -Ghostface ...Spraypaint and Inkpens
    -Black Thought...Right Now omg
    -Mike (of course lol) In Stereo, RTN, Kenji, Believe Me, The Hard Way, There They Go, High Road, WYG (yeah a lot of songs but he's good on them all :D)...also yeah Spraypaint and Inkpens.

Tak is strong but he's not FM's best rapper. His best songs are RTN and FLH. He's REALLY good on both.

I hated Common, thought he did aweful on Back Home :( Be Somebody is a good song but wasn't really lyrically strong in my opinion. Petrified comes in and is good but the raps aren't that great lmao. Mike rhymes his name with 'bike' for god's sake ^_^

yeah that's what I think about FM :O

INu

INu Member

I think Ryu is one of the most talented rappers on Fortminor! I can't believe im saying this but i kinda like him more than Mike!>_<

minuteforce

BLASPHEMY! :eek:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
    Bailey

Bailey Active Member

WATCH UR MOUTH OR ULL GET KILLED!!!