System Of A Down Malfunctioning

Despite repeated assurances that their forthcoming "hiatus" is not a break-up, System Of A Down reportedly acted like a band on the brink at the opening day of this summer's Ozzfest last Thursday (June 29) in Auburn, Washington, about 30 miles from Seattle, reports Launch Radio Networks. According to MTV.com, the members of System arrived at the venue in separate tour buses. Guitarist Daron Malakian "seemed to be struggling to keep up with the rest of the band" and improvised lyrics during the first few songs of their performance. During the song "Lonely Day", while looking at vocalist Serj Tankian, Malakian crooned, "Such a lonely day, hanging out with the band/ This motherfucker, I can't stand."

A source at System's record label told Launch not to read all that much into last Thursday's events, adding that the members have traveled on separate buses for a while now. Malakian himself recently said that the group's plans to take an indefinite amount of time off after Ozzfest don't spell the end for System Of A Down. "I think when a band says, 'Hey, you know, we're not gonna shoot out records consistently for a little while,'people are gonna assume that we're breaking up," he said. "But people can call it whatever they want. We know what it is, and we're comfortable with that. If we were breaking up, we wouldn't be able to get onstage together on this tour."

Malakian is currently assembling a new group called Scars On Broadway and plans to record its debut album this fall. System bassist Shavo Odadjian may participate and is also planning a collaboration with the Wu-Tang Clan.

Singer Serj Tankian will most likely continue to sign and develop artists on his own label, Serjical Strike, while drummer John Dolmayan is planning to launch an online comic book company.

System and the rest of the Ozzfest lineup hits Phoenix, Arizona tonight (Friday, July 7).
    i hope daron said it as a joke

Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur
    That sounds kinda serious hope they can sort it out

To be honest I'm starting to get a bit tired of SOAD, but I could care less if they split up.

Quote Originally Posted by linkin park 101
    That sounds kinda serious hope they can sort it out
    yeah it does.Daron had mentioned once that he had tonnes of material written down for his solo album.Maybe he wants to go the solo way.Thats what i feel

Never Forget. Never Surrender. KillerUndies's Avatar
    All I can say is, wow...
    And as we walk out through the cords, into the webs
    Our blood thrashing to a different cask
    We will see a square to hold us all, that carries out all eagerness
    In light and in pastures, in sound and space
    In perspiration and in ache, in coil and blaze
    In respect and in futility, in peace and quality
    Everyone will claim their place, together.
    Eternally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    To be honest I'm starting to get a bit tired of SOAD, but I could care less if they split up.
    I've been tired of them since the first time I heard them. I don't really care either.

I guess it would be sad if they broke up, because a lot of people seem to like them a ton. Oh well.
    ...dreaming about bourbon in the trauma ward.

Banned

Those lyrics are great. I love SOAD but it won't affect me too much if they break up. Shit happens.

Banned
    The most overrated band out now on the brink. Should be interesting.

ahem. Panic At The Disco.
    myspace.com/allwedoiscreate

Well I really hope they stay together, because I definetely wont listen to Darron's solo album and anyway, if their new album would be anyting like Hypnotize I guess there would only be like two good songs anyway so.. we'll see.

Ambient
    John Dolmayan also helped with Apex Theory's new album

I don't mind if they break-up. I like SOAD, but not that much. I can see good projects coming out of a break-up.

Smoke weed.
    That would crush my world. My absolute favorite band. Call me an idiot, but that would be terrible. I mean, I would understand and I wouldn't go crying about it, but I've followed System for years now and I just respect their views on alot of things. Serj's morals are just excellent.

Man do I hate SoaD. I'd actually be happy if this came to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by zakrisk
    That would crush my world. My absolute favorite band. Call me an idiot, but that would be terrible. I mean, I would understand and I wouldn't go crying about it, but I've followed System for years now and I just respect their views on alot of things. Serj's morals are just excellent.
    Yeah your definetely right, I wonder if they would still fight against Armenian Genocide and all that.

Wow, I wouldn't read too much into this. But my fuck can there be a more annoying song on the radio right now than Lonely Day?

I don't even care. They're too burned out to make another meaningful record anyway.

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    I love system, would hate to see such a good band break up.

Smoke weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Wow, I wouldn't read too much into this. But my fuck can there be a more annoying song on the radio right now than Lonely Day?
    Just about everything else on Top 40 radio, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by zakrisk
    Just about everything else on Top 40 radio, I'd say.

yeah ryan,don't like a song,skip it

Thread Information