Mind your Language!

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Janie Jones, Jun 8, 2006.

Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

Anyone seen this TV show that used to come on TV way back in the ... erm, somewhere between 70s to 80sish? It's an amazingly hilarious English (as in British) programme, starring Barry Evans, a highly eager to teach yet slightly jilty professor Brown, trying his best to impart the knowledge of proper Queen's English to 10 (with 2 extra in some episodes) extremely brainless foreign students: Giovanni Cuppello and Maximillan Papandrias (two high spirited fun loving chaps, one's Italian and the other greek), one extremely eager but somewhat silly Pakistani (Ali Nadim), One punjabi sikh who trys his best (Ranjit Singh), an extremely flirtacious french female who has her eyes on Mr. Brown (Danielle), a really earnest, perpetually knitting, TV-addicted Indian lady (Jamilia Ranjha) A rather blank yet uproriously funny Spainiard (Juan Servantis), A chineese girl who advocates communism 24/7 and in her every breath quotes "Chairman Mao"(Chung Su Lee), a Japaneese gentleman (Tarro Nagazumi) who adds "O" after every word and last but not least, the only student who is perhaps serious about the whole affair, a staid german opair(Anna Shmidth)
    Add Ms. Courtney, the terrifying (to quote Mr. Brown) human ogre resembling a horse and Sydney, the half deaf cockney caretaker, and you have an irrepressible bundle of fun and laughs. In a few episodes, A clueless Hungarian man and an extremely well-endowded *coughbigboobedcough* Sv-er, swedish girl (vying alos for Mr. Brown's attention) are students as well.
    I think this is an extremely funny serial. If you havent seen it, unless you heartily dislike some instances of cory humour, I suggest you grab a VCD or get an episode in any other form and enjoy!

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Oh I loved mind your language. Seriously amazing. The teacherby the way, got married to Jamila in real life.

Janie Jones

Oh. My. God. Really?? Thats....strange. Yeah, so you got them all on DVD/VCD?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I am a fan of this kind of stuff, yet I don't think I've ever seen it.

Janie Jones

Pick up the DVD/VCD or torrent it. It's definitely worth it.

Reported that Barry Evans (the teacher) was bisexual. And It was cancelled because it was considered offensive. I'll be posting some quotes soon!