Greatest Day Of My Life

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Omar, Mar 21, 2003.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

We got to Bronco Bowl at 5:20 or so, we were in line for about 2 or hours or so, from the outside, to the interior, to the canyon club, then to the theatre, then the security pass, then we got in. I had a wrist band to go to the pit, but there was a few kids surfing, so I took a seat w/ my cousin and mom [yes, she loves in the end and chester]. Blindside came on a little after eight, and played like 6 or 7 songs. I'd never heard them, and they sounded ok, the frontman seemed nice, really into the crowd, and didn't curse, but I couldn't understand what he said and one bottle he thre in the pit, knocked a kid in the head. So, it's a little past 9:15 and Linkin Park isn't on. We wait twenty minutes in anticpation...then...the lights go out..."krylon blue"s light shimmered through the theatre, and a siloutted figure it standing on the front top left. He begins to scratch over an eerie beat, similar to the unreleased secret from the ep. The spotlight comes on. Joe Hahn it playing session. Soon after, the lights go back out, and a chill runs through me. I see some movement, but I can't tell, until it comes...the hammering riffs is looped twice or so, and I can vividly see brad, as mike walks onto the stage...a chill runs through me...Don't Stay has begun. I was only able to take a few photos before my camera died, but nevertheless, LP has there and live. LP played a total of 15 songs, in sets of 3, with a little intermission between each set. They even played Reanimation's With You mixed with the orignal and broke down OSC with the remix before chester's verse. The crowd was more vicious during A Place For My Head, at which the band stopped before the verse to let people know: "if anybody falls down, pick em up" and then all hell broke loose. The crowd was most active during songs like Crawling and In The End, but i must say, NOBODY in the seats sat down. Mike had said that Brad doesn't like people who sit in seats, but Mike assured us that Brad loved all of us for standing up while they were on stage for little over an hour. During that time, we sang Happy Birthday to Chester, Chester humped Brad, and the frontman on Blindside helped out with OSC, the last song played. So, for any normal fan, the concert was over...but I had a pass for the meet and greet afterwards, and I wasn't going to waste it. The lucky LPUers sat on section P after the concert chatting with each other. I met LPMatt and few cool other people as well. During the wait Jessica came to me and asked me if I run LPA, she thanked me heavily for my support and soon after I myself become a mini-star with the LPUers lol, They were all nice, and I thank all of you guys for coming to visit our fansite. Lucky, I was #4 in the line to meet the band. The door slightly opened twice, and some eyes peered through. I knew it wasn't security the moment I saw those eyes. A flash shot in the backstage door, LP was there. As I was closest to the door, I saw it open, as first came Mr.Hahn, quietly, and then the other members. Brad stopped though, came towards us and looked and said hi to all of us. The rest of it was a blur, but I'll try to recount what happened. First came Mike, he said whats up man to me, while signing my hybrid theory booklet he saw my street team shirt and asked if I had gotten my promo cds yet, I told him nope, I heard they went out a few days ago though.I told him about LPA and he thanked me for it. Then, I gave him my letter, to which he asked if it was from me, and I told him yes, so he handed it to one of him managers to hold onto...I hope he reads it. Next was Brad, who initally wasn't going to be here b/c he was feeling under the weather, but decided to do it. He shook my hand, signed and passed it on, but then asked me what was my site. I told him Lpassociation.com, he took the booklet back before Phoenix had a chance to sign it, asked what was my name, and signed "Omar, thanks! LPASSOCIATION" and shook my hand again. Phoenix, who is now almost bald, signed and I thanked him for visiting LPA awhile back, he asked which site was that, and after I told him he repeatedly pointed at me and said thanks. Next was Joe, he was a little tired, so he didn't really talk and only signed w/ "J." but I told him awesome job on Session and he shook his head in thanks. Next was Rob, he shook my hand, I told him he was awesome on the drums and then asked how I knew what Joe played was Session. I told him ppl have said that's the instrumental track, and also that the album leaked yesterday, but I still haven't listened to it. Chester said "finally!, it's about time!" I told him nah it's not a really a good thing, and then outta nowhere gimmes a big high five, and thanks me a lot for my support of the band. He was really attentive when I was talking, which really ment a lot to me. After that, it was like I had been dreaming for the last 1 minute, and no matter how hard I tried...I couldn't wake up...read the title of this post again, and perhaps, you'll know why.

+ Omar B.

SETLIST: [to the best of my memory]
    Session

Don't Stay
    Somewhere I Belong
    Song w/ brad's lptv riff

Papercut
    With You [partially reanimated]
    Runaway

Faint
    From The Inside
    Song w/ Phoenix's DVD riff

New Song,
    Crawling
    A Place For My Head
    In The End

Happy Birthday To Chester

OSC [partially reanimated w/ Blindside frontman]

Best night of my life, I will be editing this post as much as I can w/ things I remember, also if anybody TOOK PICTURES, i wud really love to see, I know Jessica took a picture of me lol

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

:eek: wow... you are so lucky!!! sounds like you had a great time! that would be so so cool!

get the picture of you and send it to me and amanda :p and all the other pictures you get.. :)

dark_assassin

dark_assassin Well-Known Member

im so glad you had fun omi!!! you totally deserve it! ^_^

Omar

anybody else... :(

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Omi, thats really cool, but now I envy you :p I wish I could go to a LP concert :'(

Omar

all i can say is...thanks lpu =D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Omar, that is so kickass. I'm glad you had a good time and spread the word about this site. Maybe now this will disband all the haters.

I would've loved to have been there with you. It would've been so awesome. You're now officially the luckiest person I know.

By the way, I quoted this part because... ...Well, Blindside is one of my favorite bands and I'd love to hear that live. Do you know if anyone recorded anything?

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Omar, that is so kickass. I'm glad you had a good time and spread the word about this site. Maybe now this will disband all the haters.

I would've loved to have been there with you. It would've been so awesome. You're now officially the luckiest person I know.

By the way, I quoted this part because... ...Well, Blindside is one of my favorite bands and I'd love to hear that live. Do you know if anyone recorded anything? [/b][/quote]
    Wow, I thought I was the only Blindside fan here.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Holy crap Omar! you're freakin' lucky as hell! I envy you so friggin' much!

can i get a copy of your letter, i thought i read you were giving out copies.

Omar

I'm sure somebody snuck in a recorder, but I DID SEE ppl on stage w/ cameras...so look for this concert in upcoming DVD's hehe

Also: the frontman seemed really into phoenix, like phoenix butt headed him and the frontman like massages his head, but im sure theyre good friends....

Will

Wow, I thought I was the only Blindside fan here. [/b][/quote]
    Hell no. I love Blindside. One of my top 5 favorite bands they are. ;)

Will

The frontman's name is Christian. Start calling him that. The Frontman sounds funny. :lol:

But seriously... That'd be too awesome. That'd be even more awesome if a camera showed you in the audience. :chemist:

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Hell no. I love Blindside. One of my top 5 favorite bands they are. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Same here :D

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Awesome.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

great letter!

it must have killed your printer when you printed it.

Omar

yea, but it was well worth it...

iPuTmYtruSTiNyOu

iPuTmYtruSTiNyOu New Member

aww you letter was so good!! I KNOW i saw you, and you probably saw me but we didn't talk. And yesterday was one of the BEST days of my life also. I got to meet LP TWICE! At the listening party and the meet and great after he show. And, during OSC when everyone was going nuts, yeah, I was involved in fighting a 200lbs mexican guy about 30 sum10 years old for Brads towel! :brad: AND I GOT IT!!! Me and my friend amy, my sister and 4 other guys were not letting go. And our side won! I haven't let go of this thing yet! (Amy and I halfed it btw) But yeah, I will NEVER forget last nite. :D

Omar

sorry i didn't see u, but im sure we'll get another chance next time lol good job w/ the towel though hehe...

Omar

This is pretty neat, when Mike handed the letter to the security guard guy, he didn't just throw it away, this was taken by another fan...look at the bald guy's hand, that white thing, that's my paper B)

DragonBlade

DragonBlade Well-Known Member

Sounds EXACTLY like the St. Louis concert, only bigger, and Mike did the same

"If anyone falls, whats our rule? If someone falls, we pick 'em up. What do we do if someone falls?"

"PICK 'EM UP!!"

"If someone falls?"

"PICK 'EM UP!!!"

"With that, lets get a little crazy with this next song"

Brad busts out w/ A Place For My Head Intro, I start jumping up and down with my hands in the air. It was great. About 10 of us were moshing in our area.