Problem

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by mathew51b, May 23, 2006.

mathew51b

mathew51b Well-Known Member

Right well I downloaded something this morning. It contained an extra file to the one I downloaded, it was Spyfalcon or something like that, and it kept saying I had hundreds of adware and other stuff on my computer, which I knew I didnt. I uninstalled the program easily enough, but I have an icon on my icon bit in the bottom right hand corner saying 'Virus Alert'. I have done a Norton scan and an AOL scan and nothing is there. I am also getting popups constantly, saying I have viruses, and all are telling me to purchase a program.
    I cannot find what this is, where this is or anything about it. I also keep getting this message come up which you can see in the image there.
    I am also getting a Norton message come up for Dialer.Dialplatform, which it automatically blocks. But i keep getting this message as well.
    All these messages are reoccuring, since typing this i have had the 'red' message in the bottom right hand corner 4 times. It is slowing my computer down, and affecting how other things run.
    As well as this, I have had popups for Adultfriend finder websites and stuff, and I really dont want all this junk.
    Anyone know a way of finding out what this is if 2 programs cant find/stop it?
    Thanks in advance

Computer is Infected
    Norton Message

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

You're going to want to do the following:

1. Right-click on your taskbar and select "Task Manager."
    2. Search for a program you don't recognize. Sometimes the program's going to have a real obvious name; other times, it won't. If you're not sure of a program, post it here and we'll try to help.
    3. End the task, simple enough.
    4. Search for that program on your computer. When you find it, attempt to delete it.
    5. If you can't delete it, restart your computer in Safe Mode (press F8 when your computer's loading); search for the program and delete it.

That should do it. I have that problem a lot.

mathew51b

Ok well in applications there isn't anything that shouldn't be there.
    There is a lot of processes I do know, and a lot I dont. I don't have time right now, I've got an exam soon, so I'll look later.
    Thanks so far though Will.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

mathew51b

Yeh I had heard about this sorta thing...I just didnt have a choice...I left my computer for a few seconds while it finished downloading something and this must have come then. Ok I just got back from my exam and had something like 50 odd webpage, popups things advertising AntiSpyware stuff.
    I just did the 2nd link there, and downloaded and installed it, and its come up with a few things...theres 5 registry.
    I hope this is gonna work, if not I'll try another link.
    Thanks

edit:
    Looking at the description of one of the things its found: Zlob.trojan It mentions excessive popups trying to get you to buy antispyware stuff
    *crosses fingers*

edit:
    Ok nothing is working. I needed to pay for the program I was using to delete anything. I tried Adaware, didnt work. I tried the way the first link said, didnt work. Ive tried several other programs and nothings worked.
    I am now really annoyed....these things are just bugging me so badly.
    PLEASE NEED MORE IDEAS!!

edit:
    All done. I found another website that showed me how to do it...Very similar to the first method Neil said, but it was a different program.
    Thanks for the help anyway

Last edited: May 23, 2006
    Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Try to find it's files, then delete them. If you can't delete them, 'Unlocker' is a program that will most likely help ... if all else fails. :)

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

Anything that says "Your computer is infected! Download SpyZapperKillerDestroyer Now!" is FUCKIN' SPYWARE. Don't click it...you'll end up deeper in the smelly stuff.

Anyways, try scanning with NAV (choke choke), and if all else fails, like everyone else suggested, find the program running in Task Manager and kill it, then find it and delete it...that should solve it.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Unlocker ish dats uber sheit

lawlz guyz!

Seriously though, it's a good program.