Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Announced

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Luke, Jan 14, 2006.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

MKoutworld.com

Okay, so Deception was a major let down IMO however this is looking awesome. I can't wait to play as some of the old charecters in 3D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2006
    Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Deception was awesome IMO...I just got a bad feeling about this one, remember MK4 in 3D?

Luke

Yeah well that was on the N64

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game since the original MK on the Super Nintendo.

I might play this.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

How can you have a bad feeling about it? It isn't like they are going to change up EVERYTHING.

The system from Deception will probably still be used.

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

I read this earlier today, and this is great news.

But

I haven't really liked an MK game on this generation of gaming consoles, and on N64.

The games lost its charm it had when on the SNES.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

This sounds amazing. This sounds like... an updated version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy, having all the characters return all in the same game. It sounds like Ed Boon is going in the right direction, finally. Konquest mode was a superb addition although it was horrible, and it's good to hear Midway's learning from their mistakes (or we can hope).

I also hope the "Create A..." modes are in-depth to the point we're not given like, "clothes set A" and "clothes set B" with no real ability to modify/layer and all that good stuff. Something like what the WWE does with their "Create A Character" mode would be great... You know, so it doesn't look like you're just playing with a pink Reptile-clothed character.

And I bet, knowing Boon, Scorpion is going to get a push as victor of the tournament, or what ever the story may be behind this one. Since he was "purified" in the last one (I think), that gives him all reason to be "good," and Boon's also mentioned that Scorpion's always been one of his favorites. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how things turn out here. If he is talking about "rebirth," I'm sure part of that will have to do with Scorpion... I just can't get that out of my mind as a possibility. :p

Anyways, this game sounds good, but I'm not going to hope too hard for these features to be slick enough to be worth my hard earned cash. Boon has always over-hyped certain additions to the MK series (he did it with Konquest mode), so I'm going to wait until the game is released to make a final decision. However if they live up to the excitement any MK fan out there feels for these new additions, then I'll be impressed. I am done geeking out.

And by the way... Did anyone think "Dragon Ball" when they read "air combat"? :lol:

XVZ

XVZ Banned

Will this game soon also for GC, i mean after if it is released for PS2/XBOX

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

This sounds pretty awesome to me. Having that many characters in one single game will just be wow. Bringing back all the favorite characters as well. I'll more than likely buy this. I never did buy Shaolin Monks but this looks and sounds ten times better than Shaolin Monks. My list of anticipated games for this year just keeps increasing. Damn these exams getting in the way of it all

Luke

Most probably considering that both Deadly Alliance and Deception sold most copies on the Gamecube.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Oh yes. I'm a huge MK fan & this sounds great. Kabal, Rain & Ermac. Oh yeah.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I'd buy it just for nostalgia.

Luke

I'm pleased that Sektor, Cyrax, Reptile and Rain are returning. They're the shit. :lol:

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Oh well...forget my past comment. I'm sure this game will kick unholy amounts of ass.

heshboy

The Fatallity i would create is the following.

Scorpian Kicks guy in the balls, and the balls go flying. Blood trickles from the balls as they are flying. Blood also pours from the guys body where the balls are supposed to be. XD and the guy is loosing too much blood so he gets super skinny too where his skin is tightly hugging his bones and veigns are popping out all over. His eyes roll to the back of his skull. White part of Eyes go blood shot with veigns popping out. His hair turns to a dead grey. Then the guys falls face first to the ground dead.

FATALLITY!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2006
    Joe

:mellow: Riiight.

Luke

I think I speak for everyone here when I say next time just don't say anything :lol:

heshboy

Whies?...Did i do something wrong o_0?

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

From what I've been reading, not all the characters will be returning... It seems Motaro will probably not be playable/appear... Which sucks. He was vicious as hell and I'd like to have taken him on in 3D... :p

And heshboy, I think they think your take on the Fatality idea was weak, to say the least. Almost immature if you ask me. But that's just my opinion. :)

Joe

Yeah, I'm hoping for a Kintaro return, but I doubt that will happen either. Although, I can hope.

[EDIT] I'm an idiot, He's listed in the characters. I can't wait.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2006