Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Announced

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Luke, Jan 14, 2006.

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing this up. At first I thought they were thinking I was a little disturbed for thinking up something so un hardcore imo. :D

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Which one was Kintaro again?

(And don't tell me I'm a bad MK fan because of that, there are so many goddam names in the series and most sound the same :lol:)

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Kintaro first made his debut in Mortal Kombat 2, he was also featured in Shaolin Monks as well as Trilogy. He's the four armed dude who looks like a tiger, probably my favorite boss from the series. Here's his picture:
    [​IMG]

Luke

He looks like Goro...

Joe

Yeah, but he's better than Goro. :lol:

heshboy

Best character is old school Sub-Zero imo FACT.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

In your opinion fact?

Doesn't quite make sense.

I rather like the new Sub-Zero (especially the awesome design he had in MK Deception), although the old one does have his props for becoming Noob Saibot, as revealed in Deception.

I hope for a Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Smoke/Noob storyline in Armageddon (why do I feel like I've said this before?)

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

It's quite possible considering that Scorpion and Sub-Zero have yet to perish. I don't know how Smoke/Noob would fit into the rivalry between Sub-Zero and Scorpion (since I don't know their stories, exactly), but it's possible. Anyways, I must say I'm glad Noob Saibot is going to be around for another game. But I hope that they seperate Noob from Smoke because it was annoying to have to bounce between the two in the same character.

And anyone else think it'd be extremely cool to bring back Khameleon/Chameleon from Trilogy? That'd be hilarious. :lol: I wonder how they'll remodel Rain (considering that over time the ninjas of MK evolved their image into a samurai-esque model). Hopefully they don't have him look like a (current) Sub-Zero or Scorpion... Maybe something like Reiko (I think that's his name... The guy who took Shao Khan's throne at the end of MK4), but still with a ninja-like appearance. And I wish they'd bring back Reptile in a human form... That whole lizard-ninja look is weird, IMO.

...Yes, I am a huge MK fan. I don't know everything about the story just yet, but I often geek out about MK. :p

Btw, anyone know the relationship between Smoke and the robot version? I was never able to figure out how that worked, lol.

heshboy

It makes a lot of sense imo fact.

Only my opinions can be stated as fact as you can see :)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

You make no fucking sense at all.

heshboy

Hey pal no needs to get all angsty. It was a j/k. k

Anyways this should be the best Mortal Kombat game this gen. I'm really looking forward to this, but not as much as the New TMNT movie, and video game.

Luke

Guys, put down your handbags ;)

Minus

Okay, here's the official story:

In Mythologies, the original Sub-Zero and Scorpion (then named Hanzo Hasashi) were both separately hired for some task (of which I do not remember). They meet each other in a room and proceed to fight. Sub-Zero wins, and in the end, kills Scorpion (who begged for mercy), who is sent to hell. There, he is given a chance for revenge, given that he gives up all human experiences that he has had (at this point, Hanzo had a wife and kid, and family). He takes it, and finds that Sub-Zero is entered into the MK tourney. They see each other, and Scorpion tells Sub-Zero up front that he could kill him at that moment, but would kill him honorably, something the original Sub-Zero didn't have.

Scorpion kills Sub-Zero in battle, very much in the same way that Scorpion was killed (both were 'killed' by having their heads chopped off).

Scorpion sees his revenge as completed, and 'dies' in peace.

Sub-Zero, alternatively, is sent to the afterlife and is sent to the Netherealm. All the evil that is inside of him is unleashed, and all humanity stripped away. Noob Saibot is born.

The younger Sub-Zero and Smoke are then sent on the mission that the original Sub-Zero was currently on during his death (to assassinate Shang Tsung). Scorpion learns of the 'reappearance' of Sub-Zero and, enraged, enters the 2nd MK tournament in order to kill Sub-Zero... again.

However, Scorpion witnesses the new Sub-Zero spare a man's life, and thus finds out that this is a different Sub-Zero, and not the original. He vows to protect this life, since he has taken away another.

After failing the mission of assassinating Shang Tsung, Sub-Zero and Smoke return to the Lin Kuei, who at that time are proceeding with the cyborg plans. I'm sure you know what's next.

I'd go further, but you can see what I'm talking about. Noob is the first Sub-Zero.

And as for your questioning on what Rain will look like...

Scan from Game Informer

Joe

Damn, I was hoping for a more bad-ass darker Rain, he looks too much like The Prince Of Persia. Rain is one of my favorite characters & it's okay that he looks how he does, it's all about the gameplay. Plus, he'll have more costumes than that, so I'll have to wait & see.

Kæton

I knew how Noob Saibot came along, but what I couldn't figure out was their relation to Smoke/Cyborg Smoke... now I know. :lol:

Anyways, I have to agree.. Rain looks ugly. So does Scorpion... If that is Scorpion... That whole look is being overused... I'd like to see some variations. Rain looks like a male version of Melina... :p Rei looks like he's gotten more buff and longer hair. And... is that Fujin? He aged, lol.

I thought they'd use that whole... Shredder-like look (it reminds me of Shredder from the old school Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :lol:) in a good way on Sub-Zero because it looked like he was the leader of the Lin Kuei, but now that they're putting Rain and (looks like) Scorpion in that... It's nothing special. :\ Oh well, we'll see.

As long as Rain still has that lightning attack, I'll be happy. :ninja:

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

this is almost too good to be true,I can't wait to purchase it =D although I have little recollection of the actual storyline, I still love MK. I was wondering if anybody knows of a site, or has a long, but brief description of the entire story of Mortal Kombat spanning from beginning to present?.

Minus

EDIT: Nevermind I'm stupid.

Well, I'm sure designs aren't final for sure... although Rain looks final.

And I'm severely hoping that Sub-Zero doesn't look like that. It's like a step backwards.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
    Joe

Pfft, that's nothing on the Rain blast which allows him to control his opponent in the air :lol:. If that's not there I'll cry.

Minus

You can probably piece post of it together via Wikipedia.

Kæton

http://www.mortalkombat.ch/content/mk7/mka1.jpg
    http://www.mortalkombat.ch/content/mk7/mka2.jpg

If you haven't already seen these in Game Informer magazine... It's (I guess) the new models of majority of the characters. There are parts of the image missing in the middle, though.

As I suspsected, Kai (which I accidentally stated as "Rei" the last time) along with many have grown their hair out. I'm still disappointed with Reptile being in lizard form, Rain's outfit (too medievil for my taste), and I'm not really diggin' the whole Lui Kang corpse business they've been pulling since Deadly Alliance... I think. Why couldn't he be ressurected as the rest of the cast? Maybe I should re-read his story. :lol:

Reiko seems to really be inspired by Shao Kahn (his ending in MK4 showed how he liked to parade around as Kahn), and I don't know who is at the top with his arms out... Is that Monster or whatever from Deception's Konquest mode?

To be honest, I would have liked Rain to have an outfit similar to Ermac's... It seems more authentic to his whole ordeal.

Anyways, this looks to be good and I hope Boon doesn't mess it up... And I guess I was wrong about Reptile and the Dragon King... Curses, I swear they have/had something to do with one another... :lol: By the way, more screenshots showed how in-depth the Create A Character mode was and as far as I could see, you'll be able to customize your character in real depth... The move lists didn't seem to be as advanced as say... A WWE title, but seems like it'll be reasonable enough to be fun to mess around with.