To All Writters

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Sexy_Kittie_722, Jan 5, 2006.

Sexy_Kittie_722

Sexy_Kittie_722 Banned

okay i was trying to sleep last night and i began to think about why writters like getting feed back on there storys poems songs,or anything they write

so i am curious to why u like getting feedback..?

for me its cause it lets me know that i did something wrong and i should try harder next time and making it fit and make sence or that i should use more words then what i use or just extend my poems to something more then dark or how i write , my style to get out what i am feeling if i am feeling suicidal i write about it then actually doing it or if i feel like self harming i write about it or if i get mad i write about and so on

so why do u like getting feedback..or what is your style of writting .?

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I have two different styles of writing. One is through story. I've only written 2 or 3 works like that. If you look back on a few of my posts in Writer's Cove, you'll see Salvage, which was my first story-song. I'm currently working on one. And that style is not really to vent, but more to explain real life situations and what happens in this world. My other style of writing is, of course, vent-writing; about me and my painful experiences. Or painful things that I could relate to. I prefer that type of writing because it makes me feel better.

I appreciate the feedback because it's usually constructive criticism. Comments usually help you fix common mistakes in your writing, which could help you improve on your next piece. Plus, it's nice to know if people do or do not appreciate your work. Preferably if they do appreciate your work. If people didn't get feedback on their work, their next piece wouldn't be much better. They would make similar errors. It's like not telling someone to cross their t's when they need to.

Sexy_Kittie_722

Sexy_Kittie_722 Banned

hmm i agree with you...on constructive criticism if no one was truly honest with someone about errors image how many poems or storys wouldn't be perfect enough to read or make sense or understand the plot

so i agree with you

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

i dont put any of my work on LPA.. i do on deviantArt but im not gonna give that account for some reason :p ... i dont care much for feedback but i am always welcome to hearing what i should fix... however, i dont fix the poem or piece they talk about.. i just keep their comments in mind for when i write next because i dont believe in editing a work after you lean back and say "finished" even when i read over and see flaws myself.. you keep changing a piece you can look back and see how much you've changed or grown...

I used to give criticism here but i stopped because some (no names) take it offensively so im not gonna bother :)

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

When I request feedback it's usually because I want to know what people think of it and want to know what I could change or add to make it better. Some of the time an "it's cool" isn't really enough as it doesn't really show what you think the lyrics should or could be.

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

I agree with you Dedicated.