Fort Minor's effect

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Louis, Nov 26, 2005.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I don't know if there are any similar threads, but here goes.

Before Fort Minor, I was the kind of person who wouldn't really listen to rap at all, besides Mike's raps in Linkin Park. I couldn't tolerate, and I could barely tolerate Collision Course. But after Fort Minor, I've begun to tolerate any rap now. Mainstream isn't a nuisance to me anymore, it's just more interesting.

I don't know if it's been the same for any of you, but Fort Minor basically widened my variety of music.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Fort Minor didn't really change my musical taste because I listened to a whole lot of rap before the project was even annouced.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

You were probably unwilling to listen to that type of music because you'd stereotyped all of it as the shit on the radio.

As soon as a band or someone you like does something different, you become more interested in that different thing, in this case rap.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i must admit i listened to more rap after collision course... now i class myself a fan

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

yeah i like rap alot but artists doing it right is so rare.. it seems easier to like a rock band and branch out to similar sounds then it is to do with a hip hop artist...

good to know you are open to new types of music.. coz i hate people who just totally ignores a genre

(except country)

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

I only listen to rap that has a meaning to me...just like all the other songs that I listen to...FM has that meaning...

tremulant

like what?

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Fort Minor to me is not Rap. It's Mike Shinoda.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

The birth of a new genre!

I didnt really listen to rap before FM, 'cause most of the rap on the radio is "gangsta" rap and it wasnt really appealing or sometimes not worth listening but with FM, its a completely different thing...it actually goes on about real life situations and stuff.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Well, now I actually know who the people on the Need For Speed: Most Wanted soundtrack are.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

I've had a look for better rap after The Rising Tied, I havn't found much. I am sticking with Mike Shinoda and Will Smith for my rap needs.

tremulant

hmm mayhaps listen to DCS? or for pure Hip Hop.. check out the Roots

theres alot of good rap out there

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Fort Minor didn't change my taste in music at all. Hip-hop has been my favorite genre almost all my life. I was even a fan of S.O.B. before the project was announced. The only thing that changed is my opinion of Mike as an emcee/"rapper"/whatever. I think he's watered his style down and I think he's got a little bit of an ego now that I believe will show up on the next LP album.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

thanks

syklone

syklone Active Member

agree to disagree

i concur wit tremulant so much. people who jus live their lives not accepting other music is totally ignorant and stupid. they might actually like the crap if they gave it a try.

but neil man, you didnt even make sense lol. mike shinoda raps on this album, so if you like him, then you like the style of music to.

i did like rap/hip-hop be4 this however. Gangsta rap isnt that good, lyrics that give an emotional affect on you is what really stands out. or hip-hop that has a good tone to it like black eyed peas, jay-z, three 6 mafia, pual wall, snoop dogg, ludacris, pitbull, etc. oh and gorillaz too!

Zyx

Zyx Well-Known Member

I'm not listening to much rap, Fort Minor and some other songs but I still like mike best ^_^

Chaos

Chaos Well-Known Member

Fort Minor didn't change my taste at all. I pretty much listen to anything except Country, and I wouldn't consider FM as country. So yeah thats my imput.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

pretty much the same here

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

same here,before collision course even,i listened to Eminem,50 cent and those big rap names.And when Fort Minor came out i listened to it and loved it but it didnt change anything other than me searching for songs off of "We Major" lol.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I don't like rap but I do like Fort Minor, and I do stereotype rap alot, but I've seriously looked into it...and I really hate the genre. I've looked at underground stuff and all that...the only other rappers I can tolerate are Eminem and Will Smith. The others, in my opinion, are terrible.