Fort Minor's effect

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Louis, Nov 26, 2005.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

iam not sure about anyone else but i've started noticing mikes parts in LP a lot more when i have come to listen to them.

dont get me wrong i was a huge fan of mikes before hand and now i totally love his lines even more than i did :)

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I would say the only thing FM did for me was introduce me to SOB. I obtained "Megadef" and "2000 Fold" and think their awesome. I can't wait for their third album.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Amin to that

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

haha :p
    i also noticed that ...

i'm not really into rap even though i really like FM
    i don't know how to find out about other than mainstream rappers 'cause i'm totally not into 50 cent, P Diddy, ...

tyeremap

tyeremap Member

I grow up listening to rap, so Fort Minor didn't change my musical taste. I listen to basically all music, just as long as it is worth listening to. I can see how people sterotype rap music to tell the truth, though. The majority of the rap music on the radio is just about sex, drugs, material things, degrading females and being "a thug". Thats why I stopped listening to alot of rap music like that. I love Fort Minor's CD. The lyrics was awesome. The song Cigarettes was nothing less than the truth. They showed how rap can be different and there is more to rap and hip hop than just what you hear on the radio. Hopefully other rappers will see that and want to stop putting nonsense in their lyrics.

tyeremap

tyeremap Member

grew** My bad.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Use the edit button rather than double posting. ;)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

someone please explain to me how Fort Minor isn't hip-hop, but infact "Mike Shinoda".

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Just people he's from Linkin Park dosen't mean he created a new genre.

Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

GiriosXeni, i ma the exact same as you. i didn't like CC, and i had otherwise ignored the rap genre, now FM opened me up to a new world.

Mystica

Mystica New Member

Well at the very first i just love all the Chester's verses but after the Meteora i have to say that i started to listen to rapped more and more after that.... I Become addicted to Mike :peace: so i don't think that Fort Minor effect my taste anyway:shifty:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

What does Chester have to do with this? I'm just curious cause you mentioned him...

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I know what you mean... I don't see why he didn't rap like he did on Reanimation seeing as Fort Minor basically took In The End remix as their own. On some of the songs its alright to my ear, but he's lost the intensity in his music and has this new found ego and appearance... which basically goes against everything Linkin Park has ever stood for. I would never have imaged Mike to associate himself with 50 cent.

I'm suprised at Styles of Beyond. They really impress me. I don't enjoy listenning to this new Mike Shinoda all that much, but I dig the music itself and Styles of Beyond. It's Mike's career and he should do what he wants, but he shouldn't make himself out to be the honest, hard-working musician he once was.... yea, maybe he does work hard, but not for the reasons he wants the fans to believe in.

Marty Kirra

Marty Kirra New Member

FM didn't change my musical taste, but I wish more bands like FM we're out there. I'm truly tired of the "Laffy Taffy" and "My Humps" crap that seems everywhere lately.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I basically listened to the record once or twice and I completely forgot Fort Minor was around.

They aren't bad, just for me anyway, it's very forgettable music.

So their effect on me? I guess they um... filled up more space on my iPod.