Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No control, no surprise.

Fort Minor's effect

I don't know if there are any similar threads, but here goes.

Before Fort Minor, I was the kind of person who wouldn't really listen to rap at all, besides Mike's raps in Linkin Park. I couldn't tolerate, and I could barely tolerate Collision Course. But after Fort Minor, I've begun to tolerate any rap now. Mainstream isn't a nuisance to me anymore, it's just more interesting.

I don't know if it's been the same for any of you, but Fort Minor basically widened my variety of music.

The Ultimate Victory
    Fort Minor didn't really change my musical taste because I listened to a whole lot of rap before the project was even annouced.

Birmingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by GiriosXeni
    I don't know if there are any similar threads, but here goes.

Before Fort Minor, I was the kind of person who wouldn't really listen to rap at all, besides Mike's raps in Linkin Park. I couldn't tolerate, and I could barely tolerate Collision Course. But after Fort Minor, I've begun to tolerate any rap now. Mainstream isn't a nuisance to me anymore, it's just more interesting.

I don't know if it's been the same for any of you, but Fort Minor basically widened my variety of music.
    You were probably unwilling to listen to that type of music because you'd stereotyped all of it as the shit on the radio.

As soon as a band or someone you like does something different, you become more interested in that different thing, in this case rap.
    silence your critics

i must admit i listened to more rap after collision course... now i class myself a fan

Castle of Glass

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    yeah i like rap alot but artists doing it right is so rare.. it seems easier to like a rock band and branch out to similar sounds then it is to do with a hip hop artist...

good to know you are open to new types of music.. coz i hate people who just totally ignores a genre

(except country)

I only listen to rap that has a meaning to me...just like all the other songs that I listen to...FM has that meaning...
    |ether|

Conscience has nothing substantial, it is pure "appearance" in the sense that is exists only to the degree that it appears. Open your mind and your arse will follow. Do not fear death...for it is only the absence of pain and suffering. Humans are infact perfect. We are perfect at being imperfect. You either need to be awake for your whole life so you miss nothing, or asleep for your whole life so that you cant miss what your missing. I never let it show, the weight on me, I am sinking, I fight this more than you know!

Can I find a peace of mind? Barricades in time. Can I find peace inside and let love come save my life.

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ether
    I only listen to rap that has a meaning to me.
    like what?

Fort Minor to me is not Rap. It's Mike Shinoda.

HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Evan™'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    Fort Minor to me is not Rap. It's Mike Shinoda.
    The birth of a new genre!

I didnt really listen to rap before FM, 'cause most of the rap on the radio is "gangsta" rap and it wasnt really appealing or sometimes not worth listening but with FM, its a completely different thing...it actually goes on about real life situations and stuff.
    The E in Evan stands for Epic

I R PART OF TEAM ANIME!

Well, now I actually know who the people on the Need For Speed: Most Wanted soundtrack are.

Banned
    I've had a look for better rap after The Rising Tied, I havn't found much. I am sticking with Mike Shinoda and Will Smith for my rap needs.

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by saunderitos
    I've had a look for better rap after The Rising Tied, I havn't found much. I am sticking with Mike Shinoda and Will Smith for my rap needs.
    hmm mayhaps listen to DCS? or for pure Hip Hop.. check out the Roots

theres alot of good rap out there

It's the gin talking >>>>>
    Fort Minor didn't change my taste in music at all. Hip-hop has been my favorite genre almost all my life. I was even a fan of S.O.B. before the project was announced. The only thing that changed is my opinion of Mike as an emcee/"rapper"/whatever. I think he's watered his style down and I think he's got a little bit of an ego now that I believe will show up on the next LP album.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tremulant
    hmm mayhaps listen to DCS? or for pure Hip Hop.. check out the Roots

theres alot of good rap out there

thanks

agree to disagree

i concur wit tremulant so much. people who jus live their lives not accepting other music is totally ignorant and stupid. they might actually like the crap if they gave it a try.

but neil man, you didnt even make sense lol. mike shinoda raps on this album, so if you like him, then you like the style of music to.

i did like rap/hip-hop be4 this however. Gangsta rap isnt that good, lyrics that give an emotional affect on you is what really stands out. or hip-hop that has a good tone to it like black eyed peas, jay-z, three 6 mafia, pual wall, snoop dogg, ludacris, pitbull, etc. oh and gorillaz too!

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    I'm not listening to much rap, Fort Minor and some other songs but I still like mike best
    I Love [Linkin Park]

It's Like I'm Paranoid... Chaos's Avatar
    I'm the rage, deep in your soul waiting for that one day that you let me consume you...
    Fort Minor didn't change my taste at all. I pretty much listen to anything except Country, and I wouldn't consider FM as country. So yeah thats my imput.
    I'm new PM me if you want to talk.

Thanks to DJ Ronin 275 for the awsome banner.

"This is 10% luck
    20% skill
    15% concentrated power of will
    5% pleasure
    50% pain

and 100% reason to remember the name."

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    Fort Minor didn't change my taste at all. I pretty much listen to anything except Country, and I wouldn't consider FM as country. So yeah thats my imput.
    pretty much the same here

Castle of Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Fort Minor didn't really change my musical taste because I listened to a whole lot of rap before the project was even annouced.
    same here,before collision course even,i listened to Eminem,50 cent and those big rap names.And when Fort Minor came out i listened to it and loved it but it didnt change anything other than me searching for songs off of "We Major" lol.

Smoke weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedicated
    You were probably unwilling to listen to that type of music because you'd stereotyped all of it as the shit on the radio.

As soon as a band or someone you like does something different, you become more interested in that different thing, in this case rap.
    I don't like rap but I do like Fort Minor, and I do stereotype rap alot, but I've seriously looked into it...and I really hate the genre. I've looked at underground stuff and all that...the only other rappers I can tolerate are Eminem and Will Smith. The others, in my opinion, are terrible.

Thread Information