Muse

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Louis, Oct 14, 2005.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I know there was a Muse topic a while back, but it's probably really old now so I've decided to make a new one.

Recently, I've started listening to Muse a bit more than usual, and only now have I realized what an amazing band they are. As strange as their songs may be sometimes, they are absolutely amazing. Matthew Bellamy is one of the most talented singers and guitar players in modern day alternative.

I started liking them when my brother bought the album, "Absolution." I listened to 'Time is Running Out' on the radio and decided to listen to more, which is why I took the album from my brother and listened to the entire album. I thought that it was one of the best albums I have ever listened to.

A friend of mine, who is also a Muse fan, gave me "Origin of Symmetry", which came before "Absolution." I listened to that to0 and it was even more amazing. From listening to two of Muse's albums, I am thinking about buying "Showbiz," which I believe is their debut. And then "Hullabaloo", which is a B-Side album.

What do you guys think of Muse?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I only like 3 songs at the moment (Hysteria, Time Is Running Out and Sing For Absolution), but I found a torrent of their greatest hits album and got that. I'll give it a listen this weekend most likely.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

I'm really into muse, except for one flaw, Matt takes really loud breathes after every line of vocals and that gets annyoing. I love Muse, just not in huge doses.

My favourite tracks would be; New born, Hyper music, Map of your head, Stockholme syndrome, The small print, Hysteria, Bliss

Louis

They had a greatest hits? I honestly didn't know that.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

It's not an official release.

Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

I love Muse to bits, and I have a really hot friend who looks like Matt Belamy (spelt right?). It took me also a while to realise how awesome they are, I had to have my mentor point out to me how hard the riff to "Citizen Erased" is to play.

Speaking of playing, if they tour anytime soon, would it be okay for me to take my 10 year old brother to see them?

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah. used to listen to Muse a lot, got the 'Hullabaloo' live DVD. only ever watched it once though i think. they're a damn good band. it was Matt Bellamy that inspired me to learn to play piano and was one of my many influences when i started out playing guitar. Favourite song is porbably newborn (The second thing i ever learnt on guitar and the thing i am probably most proud of being able to play on the piano.)

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

Yeh i don't mind the odd bit of Muse 'Time is Running Out' is best played really loud

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

im a huge Muse. fan

they are really talented,i love the piano intro for bliss-the official song for orgasms ^^

Matt is an awesome singer,and im glad they dont edit out the breaths :p

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

my 3 favourite bands are LP, Muse and The Mars Volta.. Muse is very different to the other stuff i have, Matt's voice is amazing and hes really talented on the guitar and keys too..

my fav songs

Bliss
    Hurricanes and Butterflies
    New Born

oh and Sunburn.. you have to get "Showbiz" and listen to Sunburn, that song is amazing.. the piano in it is frikking addictive..

i gots all of their albums, and alto 50 mins of unreleased tracks like Fury, which was supposed to appear on Absolution.

Louis

Awesome, bro.

I need Showbiz.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Muse are pretty good. Chris Wolstenholme doesn't get the recognition he deserves, maybe he should play guitar like a madman and imitate Thom Yorke.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Do they have a live DVD with stuff from Absolution on it?

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I love Muse. One of my favorite bands, not to mention extremely talented musicians. I agree with Adam about Matt's gasping after each line, which kind of ruins the effect of the song a bit, but overall, they're original, interesting, and just generally great.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

Muse is great. I love Stockholm Syndrome.

NOT Mrs. Hahn

NOT Mrs. Hahn Banned

i love them too
    i think The Small Print,Hysteria and Showbiz are my most fav songs

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

lol I've never noticed the loud breathes after every line. Well, I guess it must not bother me then. lol

I think Muse are a fuckin awsome band--one of my favs. I think they're extremly talented. I only have their newest album. But I really want the buy the older ones. I've heard some of the songs off older albums and I love them.

How many albums do they have out? Is it three? And they have out a DVD right? Is it a live concert DVD--how is it?

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

lol I've never noticed the loud breathes after every line. Well, I guess it must not bother me then. lol

I think Muse are a fuckin awsome band--one of my favs. I think they're extremly talented. I only have their newest album. But I really want the buy the older ones. I've heard some of the songs off older albums and I love them.

How many albums do they have out? Is it three? And they have out a DVD right? Is it a live concert DVD--how is it? [/b][/quote]
    albums

origins of symmetry
    Hullabaloo and
    Sing for absolution (not in order of realese i dont think)

they have another which i dont know the name of

and the live DVD is hullabaloo in Le Zenith
    its good

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

lol, back in the early days when my friend would listen to them all the time I would badmouth Muse saying the same thing about the gasping :p . I also said that their music reminds me of Commodore 64 music :)

Muse is an awesome band. They are so different but in a very good way. I have all their albums; nothing unreleased though. I must say that the vocals in Microcuts are very amusing and annoying at the same time though :teehee:

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

So does this Hullabaloo thing have stuff from Absolution on it? Because I saw something on television with them playing that stuff live, and it was some of the most amazing visual live music that I've ever seen.