Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I thought it was about time we had an official wrestling thread where we can discuss all the news, rumours, backstage and general wrestling talk. I know there are atleast three people who like wrestling here, so... :lol:

THREAD COULD CONTAIN POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

I want to start off with the whole Matt Hardy, Edge & Lita angle. For those of you who saw Raw this week would have seen Matt attack Adam (Edge). This has brought talk of wether or not this was shoot or in fact, that Hardy has signed with the WWE yet again.

In the latest addition of Byte This!, Lita was the guest answering questions on the whole situation between her, Edge & Matt, only to have Matt hardy ring in. Matt's official site is down at the moment it's been down since Matt posted this;
    The whole issue is bringing up debate as to wether or not the incident that took place on Monday (Raw) was a shoot or an angle. Rumours have been circulating the net that Hardy has signed back with the WWE, i personally see this as the more logical reason.

You can also see a video at thematthardyshow.com inwhich Matt follows up on what he said on his site, along with a countdown roughly under 3 days at the moment.

The whole situation is quite sketchy, but i believe Matt has re-signed with the WWE, if he hadn't it wouldn't be getting as much publicity especially from the WWE itself. Props to the WWE though, for actually providing an interesting angle. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

goldengoaliex910

goldengoaliex910 Well-Known Member

A. It was cooler when there was Degeneration X.

B. It has sucked since that big Hawaain dude hit Stone Cold Steve Austin with a truck.

C. What the fuck happened to Jeff Hardy? The Hardy Boys and Lita were the only reason I watched for a short period of time until I just gave up.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I actualy think that the Matt Hardy angle on Raw was staged by WWE and in actual fact Matt Hardy has signed a WWE deal.The reason I say this is because I've been backstage at a WWE show and the security there is probably about as tight as an airport therefor Matt Hardy would never have been able to get in without being let in.

I think WWE need to stop firing people though,they've gotten rid of so many fan-loving wrestlers that they're just losing ratings etc. and it leaves the door wide open for other promotions such as TNA where former stars such as Jeff Hardy,Billy Gunn (now the Outlaw),Raven,Zach Gowen,DDP,Kevin Nash,Scott Hall and of course the owner of TNA Jeff Jarret.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The Minus Xero WWE 4 Step Success Plan:

1) Reform the Hardy Boyz
    2) Get the Dudleys' damn act back together (SCREW SPIKE!)
    3) Get Edge and Christian back together
    4) TLC BITCH!

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

That might not happen for a while, seeing as Christian is on Smackdown and Edge is on Raw.

And besides, Christian sucks right now.

Joe

The Dudley's were released along with with Spike just over a week ago. They'll probably end up in TNA.

Luke

The Dudley's were released along with with Spike just over a week ago. They'll probably end up in TNA. [/b][/quote]
    Firing the Dudleys was one of the worst business desicions in the history of WWE.

Matt Hardy has indeed signed a new WWE deal which means his latest ''WWE can kiss my ass'' speeches are made up.

Joe

Yeah, i think Matt re-signing is the definate option. This isn't going to go down too well with the MFers. :lol:

Gongratualtions to the WWE though, for actually creating a decent angle.

Geki

Geki >.

I don't watch Wrestling, and I never did before either. I was just wondering, is the Rock still around?

Luke

Hardly ever now that he's an actor...if you ask me he was better off wrestling :lol:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

From a business standpoint, moving onto acting was a good choice for The Rock. He's making more money now than he did when he wrestled.

lp_sk8ergurl

lp_sk8ergurl Well-Known Member

That might not happen for a while, seeing as Christian is on Smackdown and Edge is on Raw.

And besides, Christian sucks right now. [/b][/quote]
    That's right.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I just started watching wrestling again. Didn't Christian use to have long hair?

Glue

Glue Well-Known Member

Yea. But he cut his hair already. I think one year ago or more. :D I like to watch John Cena wrestle. But this past few weeks he's only keep on talking and no action. C'mon FU!

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I am so mad at myself. I only watched bits and pieces of Raw this past Monday and I didn't get to see Matt Hardy return. I was checking some wresting websites and I kept reading how he came out during the end of the Edge vs. Kane match.

Does Velocity show recaps from Raw? I never watch Velocity and I really want to see Matt Hardy's "return".

I can't believe I missed it. :'(

Luke

No,Heat shows recaps of Raw,Velocity shows recaps of Smackdown ;)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Matt Hardy is at Ring Of Honor tonight. I expect him to get booed to all hell if he keeps playing up his "Anti-WWE" role. ROH fans are internet friendly. They know everything basically. And CM Punk got signed to WWE a few weeks ago. w00t. ^_^

Andrea, watch RAW this Monday. It's sure to continue this week, and continue until SummerSlam where they'll likely have a match.

By the way, did you know the last RAW PPV, Vengeance, outdrew One Night Stand? That's shocking.

In other news, I'm looking forward to seeing Balls Mahoney & Axl Rotten get signed and tagging. Even if there isn't much of a tag team division.

Andrea

No,Heat shows recaps of Raw,Velocity shows recaps of Smackdown ;) [/b][/quote]
    Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot. :lol:

Casey: I am definitely going to watch RAW on Monday. I don't want to miss Matt yet again. <_<

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Heat isn't going to show any recaps of the Matt Hardy thing.

Andrea

Why? Because it was a shoot or something?

Damn it, all I wanna do is see it.