Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Is Dallip Singh aka The Great Khali (for some reason) actualy incapable of talking normally? I can't understand a fucking word he says :lol:

There are reports going around that Stacy has left WWE :(...ah well maybe a hightened career will persuade her to do playboy :p

2. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Hey so... Tonight I watched "NOAH" (some Japanese wrestling show that comes on before Smackdown! here in Hawaii), and something kept bugging me.

Is the "619" considered a regular move? I mean "regular" as how no matter where you go, a powerbomb is a powerbomb, a piledriver is a piledriver, etc.? I ask becuase there was a tag match with some cruiserweights (I guess... I don't know what Japan would call them :lol:), and they kept performing 619's like Rey Mysterio does (without the senton or whatever it's called, afterwards).

So that got me thinking... Has the 619 become just another regular move and... Rey just established it as a finisher? Like I said, not too big on wrestling, but it bothered me that Rey gets so many pops everytime he does the 619, but these folks do like, three of them at one time and it just seems like any other regular move.

Btw, NOAH's situations with the 619 are so much more realistic... None of the wrestlers just "so happen to fall on the second ropes" as they do in WWE... Psh. :p

And since I'm engaging in wrestling discussion... I'm surprised none of you have mentioned Kane going all psycho on RAW? I hope he turns back to the way he was way back before he lost the mask. I used to love watching wrestling for Kane and the Hardy Boyz... Now that both are basically gone, meh... But I do love Brian Kendrick and Paul London... They're like the new Hardy Boyz, but toned down. I saw Paul London pull of a dropsault and couldn't believe it. :lol:

3. Luke

The thing about NOAH is that it's Japanese wrestling and that can be considered as quite different to wrestling like WWE and TNA because Japanese wrestling tends to be more technical and traditional whereas American wrestling promotions are always coming up with new moves and different styles. The 619 probably did extist before Rey Mysterio made it his trademark however I'd never say it is a good finisher because it's almost impossible to get a proper connection to the face from that angle (real or not real).

And yeah I think Kane might be going psycho again because he's set to win either the WWE or World Heavyweight title very soon and lets face it...as a babyface in a tag team with The Big Show he was always the one who was targeted by the opponents and won matches like a quarter the amount of times Show did so I don't think they could make him champ while he's all weak etc.

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Paul London & Kendrick are two of the best talents in theWWE, it's just that the WWE use them poorly, it's a shame really. London could easily be where Shelton Benjamin is if he was being used right. These two are just another example of poorly used talent for the WWE. If you want to see what London & Kendrick can really do, watch some past Ring Of Honor shows.

5. Cale.

Cale. Banned

London & kendrick are getting a very steady push. They beat MNM and Kendrick got a singles win against Nitro on SD, so they'll be contending for the titles soon I imagine.

6. Kæton

What is all this talk of the Ring of Honor? I hear folks chatting about it like it's some big thing, or really showcases good matches, but never really seen any of it on television or anything. Is it a pay-per-view type of thing or something? I'm curious because I keep hearing people say Samoa Joe is really impressive at the Ring of Honor, and I'd like to see that myself... Because that guy can fly for a man his size... :lol: And now that I hear London and Kendrick are there, I'm even more interested.

@Hellflame: Yeah, you're right, but NOAH has been getting more gutsy as of late. A lot of the title matches especially, the heavyweights take big bumps... Like, large men getting suplexed off the apron... And the cruiserweights are getting more air nowadays. I watched NOAH before a few times and it was more technical back then. Now it seems more "extreme" in terms of how much they're willing to do. Still, it's so weird hearing the Japanese announcer yell, "619!!!"

...But NOAH gets weird when heavyweights go nuts with the chops and elbows... They chop a dude like, 40 times continuously... That is insane. I'd love to see Big Show give some poor sap 40 chops. :lol:

7. Cale.

Cale. Banned

John Cena wrestled Undertaker after Raw went off the air. Would have paid to see the reaction he Cena got. Reports have said every bit of Cena offence got heavy boos.

I thought the WWE were going to put in place some damage control for Cena, but it seems they are trying to make it worse. I smell a heel turn. As well as that, i've read WWE are thinking about getting Cena to face RVD at One night Stand. I will order ONS2 for Cena's reaction alone.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  8. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

YouTube it...search: ROH. watch some of the videos...impressive as hell.

9. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Monday Night Raw from London Spoilers. Highlight to read

10. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I read around the net that Cena is supposed to turn heel at Backlash, and 'Trips will turn face.

11. Luke

WWE Bringing Back ECW?

Source: impactwrestling.com

If it does happen then all I can say is hell-fucking-yeah!

12. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well, this is interesting.

13. Cale.

Cale. Banned

This could be awesome, hopefully they get a TV deal for ECW.

14. Kæton

Didn't notice this mentioned until now, but anyways... I would love ECW to come back. I got into wrestling heavily around the time that Shane announced he bought out WCW which I believe was around the same time ECW was done, or something? Anyways, I've seen clips of ECW stuff, and they seem to be much more brutal than WWE and TNA... I hope that if ECW comes back, it'll be on television and they'll have like.. a few high fliers that will leap off things like balconies and what-not... :D That'd definitely put me back into wrestling. I stopped watching wrestling after people like the Hardys broke up and there wasn't any more like, TLC matches or anything real impressive from a height standpoint.

I guess it's a bit sadistic to wish for, but I would love to see those type of extreme brawls again. :lol:

15. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

They're keeping Cena face. They are pushing all the Cena haters as "traditionalists" and his fans as the "new, edgier" type of wrestling fan.

16. Sonic

If you like ECW, then you should really check out CZW. Their a Philadelphia based indy promotion and their really hardcore, and you can always go to YouTube to check them out.

Really gory at times...

17. Friskey™

Trust me, us fans here know about CZW.

It ain't as gory as it was back when it first started (fucking legal issues) but it's still good fun. And right now, they are having a awesome invasion feud against Ring of Honor.

18. Cale.

Cale. Banned

According to WWE.com there is going to be a WWE vs ECW special show on USA Network the wednesday before One Night Stand. Hopefully Fox8 continue their good peformances by airing this in Australia.

And it seems at this stage ECW will be taking the place of Velocity as a web-show until they find a TV deal for it.

19. Friskey™

There are rumors that the ECW show will take place of the 2 AM A.M. RAW slot on Saturdays.

20. Sonic

I know all about CZW myself. Not so much lately but I go to some shows here and there with some friends. The last CZW show I went to was Tournament Of Death 4, which was awsome but I think TOD3 is the best out of all of them.