Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. ManClub

ManClub Active Member

HHH and Orton need to win the titles...Eddie coming out to punk us all would be like the greatest thing ever!!!!

2. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Cena retains, and Mysterio wins.

Double turn in the RAW main-event, as well.

3. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Yeah that's probably it.

Vince apparently can't make up his damn mind, and changed the finish to 5 matches.

4. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I saw this live back when I was really into Wrestling. Can't believe Austin lost that match.

5. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Cena didn't turn heel.

Fuck.

And he retained.

Fuck.

6. ManClub

ManClub Active Member

Overall good WM, but Cena and Rey shouldn't have won.

7. somekid

somekid Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't like Orton, but I think Smackdown would be more interesting with him as champion. God how I wish Cena would lose his title already.

8. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, Mania wasn't too bad, it had some good points. I enjoyed it anyway, well, everything besides the womens matches.

9. Friskey™

Orton faces Mysterio on Tuesday for the title on the SD tapings.

Orton will be champ, guarantee it.

10. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I actually thought the Mickie James/Trish match was one of the best matches of the night, aside from the botched ending, it was probably one of the best womens matches in quite a while (and it didn't hurt my eyes any to see Mickie grab Trish down there, eaither. Whoo!). All matter of opinion though.

This is the first PPV I've ordered since Taboo Tuesday, but I order WM22 every year anyhow. The card looked weak, but it sure did deliver, as I thought this Wrestlemania was pretty entertaining for what it's worth.

It was awsome to see Edge spear Foley through that flaming table. I admit that I marked out for it. I didn't think I would since I've seen more hardcore/ultaviolent stuff in CZW and IWA and IWA-MS, but this is WWE and it was Wrestlmania, and you don't really see shit like that often at all in WWE.

The Michaels/McMahon match was everything I expected it to be. The crotch chop from Shawn was just totally unexpected, but awsome at the same time(and then Triple H did it later on in his match (let the D-X rumors fly!)).

Seeing Rey Mysterio win the World Title is just awsome. He totally deserves it, and not because of Eddie at all (even thought it probably has something to do with it, sadly). Pretty weak that the triple threat only went for 9 minutes though.

Triple H/Cena was good, I thought. But Triple H was so over with the fans just because of the amount of heat for Cena. It was unbelieveable how the fans would mark out when Triple H landed a right hand or something small on John. I just wish Cena would drop the title already.

I thought the Boogeyman/Booker-T match really sucked. The crowd wasn't really into it at all. And while the Boogeyman's charachter is gold, his in-ring abilities need work, and fast.

I also thought the Undertaker/Henry match fell short too, but not because of The Undertaker. He worked his ass off to make that match halfway decent, but it all worked out in the end as he went 14-0 as everyone expected (I really don't think that streak will ever be broken, IMHO).

All the other matches I thought we're pretty average. The Money In The Bank match wasn't what I expected it to be, but maybe it was because Flair got legit injured there for a bit (I believe he only twisted his knee) and it probably took a lot of high spots away from the match, but it's nice to see RVD finally getting somewhere.

11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I didn't see WM...was Triple H/Cena the final match? If it was then fuck McMahon for letting Cena keep the title in the main event, even if he was to lose it to Triple H...

Do my eyes decieve me? DID KANE AND SHOW JUST LOSE THE TITLES TO THE SPIRIT SQUAD?????????????

Dear lord, help Vince McMahon...it seems he is a jackass

12. Joe

Yeah, it was the final match. Triple H & Cena also had some dodgy entrances. Triple H came out to a Conan type barbarian character & Cena came down with some kind of 50's gangster thing. I'm sure I wasn't the only wrestling fan shaking his head at the sight of CM Punk dressed as a gangster. :sleep:

13. Friskey™

I just wonder how they are going to do this "God" thing. Sounds horrible as well, but I wanna see how horrible they can do it.

And as for the entrances at WM. Yes, I will agree that HHH was awesomely bad, while Cena's was just bad. Yeah, poor Punker. :lol:

But HHH's new music is still badass, I mean come on...it's fucking Motorhead.

14. Joe

Wasn't that just for Mania? He's supposed to be getting a new theme by Disturbed, I was hoping he would premiere it for Mania, but obviously not. I thought that theme was just for the opening of his entrance at WM.

15. ManClub

ManClub Active Member

I'm going to Backlash so I hope the card shapes up pretty nice.

16. Friskey™

They played it when HHH came out to do his promo at the beginning of RAW last night, but apparently not when he came out for his match.

And apparently Randy Orton has been suspended for 60 days for "unprofessional conduct" (I heard he posted spoilers somewhere)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  17. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Well so far you have HBK & God vs Vince & Shane

"In less than four weeks time, at Backlash, there’s gonna be a tag team match, Shawn. It’s gonna be you and your tag team partner – the good Lord Almighty. That’s right. You and God versus me, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, and the product of my semen, my son Shane!"
    - Vince McMahon, Raw 4/3

I think HBK might be in a tough spot here. If you ask me, God has always been extremely limited in the ring. On top of that, he's not nearly as over with the fans as he used to be. Personally, when God makes his entrance, I'm going to boo.

It says a lot that God himself is that much easier to book for an appearance than Bret Hart.

18. Friskey™

Smackdown is bringing back the King of the Ring with Angle vs. Orton as a first round match next week. I'm guessing Orton will lose and his 60 days will start then.

CM Punk wrestled in a dark match, Colt Cabana lost to Matt Hardy on Velocity, and Brent Albright (not 100% sure) wrestled Booker T on Smackdown!

19. Kilo Lee

Kilo Lee Guest

during the money in the bank match, when Shelton set up the ladder to jump to the outside from, he almost didnt make the leap, as the ladder almost flipped when he got to the end....lol.....and it was great to see flair screaming...lol.......and long live the Heavyweight Champ!!!!!

20. Joe

If anyone is still yet to do so, check out WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2007. It's being released on Xbox360, PS2 & PS3 (major consoles). It looks pretty good at the minute, the video pretty much shows the same engine we're used to, but the graphics are better and there's a few new elements lined up for the game too.