Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling / MMA

NWATNA finally signed TV deal with Spike TV?

Apparantly, the TV deal is moments away from being final, there is one more small legal issue before it can be officialy released in a press statement, but it shouldn't be that long of a wait to hear it. This news comes shortly after cryptic messages were shown in the opening sequence of TNA's No Surrender PPV, inwhich in order to hear them, you had to play the opening sequence backwards. The message stated "TNA is coming to Spike TV".

This is a great move for TNA and will definately bring in more viewers & fans, which it definately deserves. This deal is one of many deals the NWA is trying to seal at the minute, along with a DVD publishing deal that will allow NWATNA products / DVD's to be sold through high street stores aswell as their official site.

Great news.

Originally posted by Uncle_Raj@Jul 19 2005, 07:42 PM

Apparantly, the TV deal is moments away from being final, there is one more small legal issue before it can be officialy released in a press statement, but it shouldn't be that long of a wait to hear it. This news comes shortly after cryptic messages were shown in the opening sequence of TNA's No Surrender PPV, inwhich in order to hear them, you had to play the opening sequence backwards. The message stated "TNA is coming to Spike TV".

This is a great move for TNA and will definately bring in more viewers & fans, which it definately deserves. This deal is one of many deals the NWA is trying to seal at the minute, along with a DVD publishing deal that will allow NWATNA products / DVD's to be sold through high street stores aswell as their official site.

Great news.
    If the Monday Night Wars start up again,WWE will crush TNA

Originally posted by Hellflame+Jul 19 2005, 09:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hellflame @ Jul 19 2005, 09:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Uncle_Raj@Jul 19 2005, 07:42 PM

Apparantly, the TV deal is moments away from being final, there is one more small legal issue before it can be officialy released in a press statement, but it shouldn&#39;t be that long of a wait to hear it. This news comes shortly after cryptic messages were shown in the opening sequence of TNA&#39;s No Surrender PPV, inwhich in order to hear them, you had to play the opening sequence backwards. The message stated "TNA is coming to Spike TV".

This is a great move for TNA and will definately bring in more viewers & fans, which it definately deserves. This deal is one of many deals the NWA is trying to seal at the minute, along with a DVD publishing deal that will allow NWATNA products / DVD&#39;s to be sold through high street stores aswell as their official site.

Great news.
    If the Monday Night Wars start up again,WWE will crush TNA [/b][/quote]
    Maybe so, but atleast the WWE will have some competition. The reason why the WWE has been so crap for the past few years is because they&#39;ve been competing with themselves with Raw & Smackdown. The roster split needs to stop, it would be so much better. Vince needs to learn to accept whe he&#39;s wrong instead of running with a failed idea.

The best part about this is, the WWE don&#39;t even see TNA as competition, i think it was Vince who said something to the effect of "I don&#39;t see TNA as cmpetition, the WWE is an entertainment business, whereas TNA is a wrestling business".

Originally posted by Uncle_Raj+Jul 19 2005, 09:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uncle_Raj @ Jul 19 2005, 09:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Hellflame@Jul 19 2005, 09:59 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Uncle_Raj
    @Jul 19 2005, 07:42 PM

Apparantly, the TV deal is moments away from being final, there is one more small legal issue before it can be officialy released in a press statement, but it shouldn&#39;t be that long of a wait to hear it. This news comes shortly after cryptic messages were shown in the opening sequence of TNA&#39;s No Surrender PPV, inwhich in order to hear them, you had to play the opening sequence backwards. The message stated "TNA is coming to Spike TV".

This is a great move for TNA and will definately bring in more viewers & fans, which it definately deserves. This deal is one of many deals the NWA is trying to seal at the minute, along with a DVD publishing deal that will allow NWATNA products / DVD&#39;s to be sold through high street stores aswell as their official site.

Great news.

If the Monday Night Wars start up again,WWE will crush TNA
    Maybe so, but atleast the WWE will have some competition. The reason why the WWE has been so crap for the past few years is because they&#39;ve been competing with themselves with Raw & Smackdown. The roster split needs to stop, it would be so much better. Vince needs to learn to accept whe he&#39;s wrong instead of running with a failed idea.

The best part about this is, the WWE don&#39;t even see TNA as competition, i think it was Vince who said something to the effect of "I don&#39;t see TNA as cmpetition, the WWE is an entertainment business, whereas TNA is a wrestling business". [/b][/quote]

Then again Vince wouldn&#39;t know good business if it slapped him in the face.Good business would be fusing the 2 federations to be one so that TNA wrestlers could battle WWE wrestlers etc.

Did anyone see RAW? That lumberjack match was pretty brutal. I thought Cena was going to lose for sure but I guess the champ doesn&#39;t lose unless he&#39;s being challenged for the title very often.

And I loved the cage match with Edge and Kane. Awesome stuff

Smackdown Taping Results (Spoilers)

Rey Mysterio def. Super Crazy by DQ when Eddie Guerrero interfeared

Animal & Heidenreich def. Julio Dinero & Nick Berk

Chris Benoit def. Eddie Guerrero by countout

Booker T def. Simon Dean

Dave Hebner released from WWE:

Dave Hebner has now been officialy released from the WWE, he was apparantly suspended on Monday following his father Earl Hebner being fired for selling WWE merchandise without authorisation. It is believed he was released Tuesday, one day after his father was fired.

Also, the owner of Earl Hebners store has released this statement following the whole situation.

Hello, This is Nick Ridenour, Owner of The Pro Shirt Shop.

I would like to tell everyone out there that The Pro Shirt shop buys all their merchandise from Licensed Distributors. The Pro Shirt Shop will not buy or sell any Unlicensed Merchandise.

Dave Hebner was not part of the store. Only Earl was part owner of the Pro Shirt Shop. That card was a misprint. Dave Hebner had nothing to do with the store.

As of now Nick Ridenour has bought out Earl Hebner’s share of the store. We are still open for business and will keep operating the store as long as the Wrestling fans continue demanding Licensed Wrestling Products.

Thank you,
    Nick Ridenour
    Owner, Pro Shirt Shop
    Well, it&#39;s a shame Dave has gone too, considering he had nothing to do with it (apparantly). I guess the Hebner legacy is over in the WWE.

Yah the WWE does alot of weird political moves. Sometimes I question whether its for the good of the business or if McMhanon is on a bad power trip or if they are just a bunch of assholes. As crappy as triple H has gotten over the years he has been taken care of pretty well getting the belt every other time and such for a while there.

UPN have said they don&#39;t want the Muhamed Hassan charecter on smackdown anymore and I couldn&#39;t agree more.It just gives a bad name to arab people and adds fuel to this prejudice like fire.

I tihnk Hussans character is great. He is a good wrestler and his gimmick is perfect cause it pisses off alot of people. Alot of those americans in the arenas are pretty damn racist with the signs they hold up, maybe they shouldn&#39;r be so arrogant and there wouldn&#39;t be a problem with having a character like him.

Hassan gets killed off this Sunday.

Literally.

Originally posted by Vismund Cygnus@Jul 21 2005, 08:27 PM
    Hassan gets killed off this Sunday.

Literally.
    So what are oyu saying he is gonna loose and he wont return?

No, they&#39;re literally talking about killing the Hassan character. Sorta like they did to Paul Bearer last year, if you remember it.

Without the concrete, though.

Originally posted by Vismund Cygnus@Jul 22 2005, 05:09 AM
    No, they&#39;re literally talking about killing the Hassan character. Sorta like they did to Paul Bearer last year, if you remember it.

Without the concrete, though.
    Al Wilson has got to be the best on-screen death in the history of the WWE.

Hmm it would be interesting then if they brought him back as someone else. Kinda like how Chavo changed ftom Chavo Guerrero to whatever the hell his name is now, something White. Chavo was one of the most entertaining they had, they should have kept his character.

Kerwin White.

They&#39;ll bring him back in a few months, but it&#39;ll be hard since the Hassan character got so much heat and publicity.

Lord Alfred Hayes Passes Away: 1928 - 2005.

WWE lost a beloved member of its family on Wednesday when Lord Alfred Hayes passed away at the age of 76.

Hayes joined World Wrestling Entertainment in the early 1980s and soon became a television mainstay. His wit, distinctive accent and colorful insights helped make Hayes one of his time’s most remembered personalities. Hayes provided commentary for the WrestleMania 2 main event, pitting Hulk Hogan against King Kong Bundy, but he was perhaps best known as the broadcast partner on such programs as The Bobby Heenan Show and Tuesday Night Titans, alongside Vince McMahon. An accomplished wrestler himself, Hayes also managed such Superstars as WWE Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter.

His voice, which graces countless video releases and matches, has become synonymous with 1980s WWE, and his contributions were integral to the company’s success during that time.

“His Lordship” will be greatly missed.
    That&#39;s too bad, i really enjoyed Lord Alfred Hayes&#39; work, he was a great man. Rest In Peace.

Ivory&#39;s contract not renewed.

The WWE posted this statement on http://www.wwe.com regarding Ivory.

Ivory’s World Wrestling Entertainment television contract will not be renewed. She will make her final appearance on The WWE Experience this weekend. WWE wishes Ivory well and hopes to work with her again in the near future.

Guys. Who do you think will the WWE Champion? Chris Jericho or John Cena? Who will win the World Heavyweight Champion? Batista or Brandshaw?

Originally posted by Gluez@Jul 24 2005, 10:15 AM
    Guys. Who do you think will the WWE Champion? Chris Jericho or John Cena? Who will win the World Heavyweight Champion? Batista or Brandshaw?
    I think it&#39;s likely that Cena & Batista will win.

Final Card For Tonights WWE Great American Bash:

Main Event World Heavyweight Title:
    Batista © vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

U.S. Title:
    Orlando Jordan © vs. Chris Benoit

WWE Tag Team Championships:
    MNM © vs. Road Warrior Animal & Heidenreich

No.1 Contenders Match For World Heavyweight Title:
    Undertaker vs. Muhammad Hassan

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio (If Eddie wins he tells Rey&#39;s Secret)

Christian vs. Booker T

Six Man Tag Mtach:
    BWO vs. Mexicools

Bra & Panites Match Special Guest Referee: Candice Michelle
    Melina vs. Torrie Wilson

Thread Information