Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  2. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Really want bones jones to win that fight, either way though it should be awesome.

3. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

UFC purchases Strikeforce:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22807/ufc...nkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)&utm_content=Twitter

Holy shit, that came from nowhere.

4. Tim

5. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

fuck off zuffa.

6. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Just found out my wife bought me tickets to Wrestlemania 27 for our anniversary. I've always wanted to go since I was a kid so it's like living a childhood dream. She really is an awesome woman. :)

7. $pvcxGhxztCasey

It's too bad the card sucks balls, but it'll be awesome to be at a WrestleMania regardless. Especially with the Rock & Austin there. And the pop that Lawler will get once he finally beats the shit out of Cole.

8. Dusty

Yeah I agree the card is a little lame at the moment. Not to mention the whole "Oh hai I'm Triple H and I want to fight The Undertaker!" storyline with little build up.

Also if the rumors are true that Money in the Bank might not happen at the show this year I'll be a little disappointed as well. Other then that I'm looking forward to the experience of going. :)

9. $pvcxGhxztCasey

I like Johnny Cash and all, but 'Taker enterting and exiting to "Ain't No Grave" is fucking horrible. Give me death organs or Limp Bizkit, FUCK. Undertaker/Triple H will be as amazing as it was almost 10 years ago at X7. Which is to say, not amazing at all. AND WHERE IS KEVIN NASH AT?!?!?!

10. Dusty

I'm just hoping for a few surprises though. Most PPV have been very predictable. I'm really hoping Kevin Nash shows up in some shape or form.

Also I think CM Punk and the Randy Orton match could go either way. If done right it could be a great match but I guess we will see.

11. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Congrats Stabler! :D

And the card looks OK to me. I'm only concerned with Rock-Cena-Miz (which I hope Miz wins, and it ends with The Rock electrifying the whole place AGAIN), Cole-Lawler-Austin, Punk-Orton, and surprisingly Rhodes-Mysterio since I'm starting to love Rhodes' dark twist with his "Dashing" gimmick. Taker-HHH is, um, not what I wanted, Del Rio-Edge needs to have Christian, and no MITB but a 6-man tag match with Morrison and Ziggler (unrightfully for them) and Divas is a BIG nuh-uh.

12. Dusty

Thanks and yeah I agree with everything you said. I am really enjoying Rhodes more dark twisted side. Kind of makes me think of Mankind in a way.

And yes Christian is a must. I either want the match to be a triple threat or do money in the bank, have Christain win, Del Rio wins, and Christian gets his revenge by cashing in.

It's just a random thought but it's better then the predictable outcomes. Spice it up WWE!

13. $pvcxGhxztCasey

lol. Christian, World Heavyweight Champion.

...that's the sound of everyone not caring about Christian as World Champion.

14. Dusty

Haha true... What was I thinking. :awesome:

15. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

AGhhh! Shogun =(.

Oh well, atleast we'll get to see Rashad get his butt handed to him again. Whee!

16. Tim

Goddamn, Bones absolutely facefucked Shogun.

17. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Very late, but I haven't been posting very often.

I honestly thought there was something wrong with Shogun. He just didn't look like the Shogun I've seen at all. Like he was sick or wasn't 100% at all...

18. Tim

Oh, he definitely wasn't 100%. Re-injuring his knee and going nearly a year without fighting affected his performance against Jones, no question. He was completely gassed before the end of the first round.

It's sad, really. Shogun is without a doubt one of the most exciting, talented fighters to ever compete in MMA. But his perpetual knee injuries are holding him back. He's been in the UFC for about as long as he competed in PRIDE, but he's only fought half as many times. I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses for Shogun (Jon Jones is a fucking monster. Period). However, I sincerely feel for the guy.

19. $pvcxGhxztCasey

Hey, Triple H and Undertaker got fined for their match, because of a chairshot to the head.

Hey, John Morrison is in big trouble because he was a douche to Trish Stratus before their six person tag. Rewatch the ending, Morrison totally snubs Trish when she goes for a hug. Apparently, Melina told him to do it. 'Cuz they're dating again.

Hey, dirtsheetz.

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I mean, I like both of them. But in all honesty had Shogun been 100%, he would've wrecked face.