Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caged Children

Billy Corgan = God The Outsider's Avatar
    Sheriff's deputies removed 11 disabled children from a home where they were made to sleep in cages less than 3˝ feet high, authorities said.

The children's adoptive and foster parents, Mike and Sharen Gravelle, denied that they'd abused or neglected the children during a custody hearing Monday in Huron County. No charges had been filed as of Monday night.
    "The impression that we got was that they felt it was OK," said Lt. Randy Sommers of the Huron County Sheriff's Office.

The Gravelles said a psychiatrist recommended they make the children sleep in the cages at night, County Prosecutor Russell Leffler said. The cages were stacked in bedrooms on the second floor of their house, he said.

The children, ages 1 to 14, were described as having conditions that included autism and fetal alcohol syndrome.

The children were found by a children's services investigator on Friday when he stopped by the Gravelles' home outside Wakeman, about 50 miles west of Cleveland. Deputies returned to the house that evening.

Some of the cages were rigged with alarms, Sommers said; others had heavy furniture blocking their doors. The children didn't have blankets or pillows.

One of the boys said he'd slept in the cage for three years, Sommers said. And a neighbor recently reported seeing the children working long hours in the family's yard, he said.

The children were placed with four foster families Monday. A woman who identified herself as Sharen Gravelle's mother but refused to give her name said the children were happy and loved. "This year they have played and had fun and laughed like no other children have, which they have never been able to do," she said. The Gravelles do not have a listed telephone number.

Sommers said there were no apparent signs the children had been malnourished or beaten, but they were sent to a hospital for examination. Their conditions were not available Monday.

In March, a couple who had recently moved from Ohio to Florida was charged with neglect when their adopted teenager was discovered malnourished in a crib-like cage. The then-17-year-old weighed 49 pounds, investigators said.

The twin-bed-sized crib had been prescribed when the boy was much younger and lived in Ohio. It had been fitted with a lid, chains and a padlock, investigators said.
    Thats really really sad
    I am one
    As you are three
    Try to find your messiah
    In your trinity

Wow...17 years old and 49 pounds... that's awful.

I love my home state. <_<
    myspace.com/allwedoiscreate

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    sick :x

That is so sickening...there is no smiley for what i am feeling
    |ether|

Conscience has nothing substantial, it is pure "appearance" in the sense that is exists only to the degree that it appears. Open your mind and your arse will follow. Do not fear death...for it is only the absence of pain and suffering. Humans are infact perfect. We are perfect at being imperfect. You either need to be awake for your whole life so you miss nothing, or asleep for your whole life so that you cant miss what your missing. I never let it show, the weight on me, I am sinking, I fight this more than you know!

Can I find a peace of mind? Barricades in time. Can I find peace inside and let love come save my life.

HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Evan™'s Avatar
    Originally posted by Glenn@Sep 13 2005, 11:32 PM
    Wow...17 years old and 49 pounds... that&#39;s awful.
    yeah....its ridiculous....who the fuck are these ppl?
    The E in Evan stands for Epic

I R PART OF TEAM ANIME!

thats awful

Castle of Glass

Billy Corgan = God The Outsider's Avatar
    Originally posted by Evan+Sep 14 2005, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evan @ Sep 14 2005, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Glenn@Sep 13 2005, 11:32 PM
    Wow...17 years old and 49 pounds... that&#39;s awful.
    yeah....its ridiculous....who the fuck are these ppl? [/b][/quote]
    some parents in the USA with demented ways of raising children.

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    yeah.. it really sux that this happens in the real world

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    omg. that&#39;s just..one of the sickest things.

the kids are disabled&#33; autistic&#33;&#33; why do people have to be so awful??

WINDMILL, WINDMILL FOR THE LAND..

Ugh.

TEAM RAMPAGE. Formerly known as tornrose&Mali&Maranwe&Sawyer&Hodgins&Panic&Malice&Psyche&Sake

That has to be one of the most fucked up things i have ever read
    <3
    Team Rampage

debs: samurai sword // friskey: rusty knives // hellflame: bazooka //
    mali: longbow // st0f: sledgehammer

i would tell you, but then i would have to kill you
    Originally posted by insanechica007@Sep 16 2005, 08:00 PM
    the kids are disabled&#33; autistic&#33;&#33; why do people have to be so awful??
    they probably couldn&#39;t handle the kids&#39; problems and decided to punish them, even though t wasn&#39;t their fault. hello, FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME, that would be the MOTHER&#39;S fault.

Are You Feeling HAPPY Now?
    "It's better to lose something that wasn't yours than to have something that you think is and is just losing you."

It's what you like, not what you're like. Christopher's Avatar
    that&#39;s just sick but it happens a lot all over the world

i&#39;ve heard about a 7 year old girl that lives in Belgium (where i live)
    and her parents put her into this dark room with nothing in it besides an old carpet to sleep on
    they would only give her food two times a week or so

the girl started to eat her own hair, the carpet and her finger nailes just to survive
    and on top of that they had enough money to feed there cat caused when the girl was found the cat&#39;s weight was about 7 Kg that&#39;s heavy &#33;&#33;&#33;

how could you do something like that to your daughter or anyone else ?&#33;?&#33;

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    that is a good question.. i just can&#39;t believe people do such things..

Ntr/Mssion
    That is just totally sick why would someone put CHILDREN in a CAGE? We are NOT animals here, but obviously the people that do this are&#33;&#33;

ha.

these people should be caged.not the autistic children.they are way sicker in the head.

child abuse.

it&#39;s sick.

i would tell you, but then i would have to kill you
    something like this happened where i live...a woman was allegedly locked in a room for 6 years wih barely any food or anything...she died.

i don&#39;t know. this was my friend&#39;s mom they are talking about...and her dad and his girlfriend were arrested and all that.

this particular case however was blown out of proportion. the newspaper just wants something to talk about since it is such a small town, they make every accident seem like a matter of national security.

Banned
    Originally posted by The Outsider@Sep 13 2005, 11:28 PM
    Sheriff&#39;s deputies removed 11 disabled children from a home where they were made to sleep in cages less than 3˝ feet high, authorities said.

The children&#39;s adoptive and foster parents, Mike and Sharen Gravelle, denied that they&#39;d abused or neglected the children during a custody hearing Monday in Huron County. No charges had been filed as of Monday night.
    "The impression that we got was that they felt it was OK," said Lt. Randy Sommers of the Huron County Sheriff&#39;s Office.

The Gravelles said a psychiatrist recommended they make the children sleep in the cages at night, County Prosecutor Russell Leffler said. The cages were stacked in bedrooms on the second floor of their house, he said.

The children, ages 1 to 14, were described as having conditions that included autism and fetal alcohol syndrome.

The children were found by a children&#39;s services investigator on Friday when he stopped by the Gravelles&#39; home outside Wakeman, about 50 miles west of Cleveland. Deputies returned to the house that evening.

Some of the cages were rigged with alarms, Sommers said; others had heavy furniture blocking their doors. The children didn&#39;t have blankets or pillows.

One of the boys said he&#39;d slept in the cage for three years, Sommers said. And a neighbor recently reported seeing the children working long hours in the family&#39;s yard, he said.

The children were placed with four foster families Monday. A woman who identified herself as Sharen Gravelle&#39;s mother but refused to give her name said the children were happy and loved. "This year they have played and had fun and laughed like no other children have, which they have never been able to do," she said. The Gravelles do not have a listed telephone number.

Sommers said there were no apparent signs the children had been malnourished or beaten, but they were sent to a hospital for examination. Their conditions were not available Monday.

In March, a couple who had recently moved from Ohio to Florida was charged with neglect when their adopted teenager was discovered malnourished in a crib-like cage. The then-17-year-old weighed 49 pounds, investigators said.

The twin-bed-sized crib had been prescribed when the boy was much younger and lived in Ohio. It had been fitted with a lid, chains and a padlock, investigators said.
    Thats really really sad
    my god.

i wont even waste my breath on those terrible people

Thats really disgusting. Its sick to lock any kid or person in a cage, but a 1 year old?&#33; Thats insane. Those people are freaks.

Thread Information