30 Seconds to Mars: "A Beautiful Lie"

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Ant, Aug 27, 2005.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I love the track so much, which is why I hate the spoken intro... it just is something for me to fast forward through, and something that takes away from the professionalism of the album, I personally think. I don't see a need for it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I love "The Kill". It shows us a new vocal range from Jared. There's some great variety on this album.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I like though how it doesn't have that "space" kind of feel that they did with the first CD. This one just seems like it's all about the music, i'm sure they're sending a message out there though.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I love A Beautiful Lie, almost more than their self-titled album. I can listen to it more than the self-titled, but only because it's an easier album to sing along to. However, I feel that the first album had more depth even if the lyrics weren't as personal as they are on the new album. Either way, the album is my favorite of the year by far.

I think that, if 30 Seconds to Mars' next album is a combination of their self-titled and A Beautiful Lie, it will be a masterpiece of epic proportions. In my opinion, they should try to make the songs longer, more complicated, instead of adhering to the normal song-structuring system that's been set in place in modern music.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Plus they should have made A Beautiful Lie more space-like, like their self titled.

I'm a sucker for catchy songs, I love Attack.

Mark

I'm happy they didn't go the "spacey" route. They should progress as artists, not continue to rehash previous material (*coughLinkinParkcough*). This album is a great evolution of thier sound.

I can't get over how amazing "Battle of One" is.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

$18.99!?!?!

I got mine (and a pack of Orbit Gum) for $9.66

Faded: Jared said countless time that "change" was the biggest theme in this CD. He said they weren't afraid to let go of the past and start a new beginning.

Mark

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Man, they sound good live.

Leto has an awesome voice.

Mark

I'd have to say, this album is near flawless, in my opinion. There isn't a bad song on the entire album. There's a good bit of variation between the songs, which keeps the album interesting and refreshing. I can listen to the entire thing without skipping a song.

Usually, the lead single gets overplayed and you dislike by the time you buy the album, but I'm still listening to "Attack" on a regular basis. Such a great song.

My favorite song must be "Battle of One". It's such an energetic song. I love the bridge where the music builds up into this amazing frenzy of drums, guitars and singing. My favorite song of 2005, by far. Wow.

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

I love "The Kill", great song. The vocals have a lot of emotion and feeling in them, not immaturity. That song is quickly climbing up my most played list.