Album Leak Reporting Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mark, Jul 11, 2005.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Just finished... I'll tell you after I listen to a little of each song (I'll listen to one minute or so of each, tell you what I think, then listen to the entire songs).

Edit: Actually, I'll listen to the whole thing, because I like what I've heard so far, lol [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, might as well listen to the entire thing.

I hear it's absolutely beautiful. There's an orchestra and piano in some of the songs. Let me know if there's any acoustic tracks. "Wasted Years" and "Black Sunday" were the best tracks on 'Year of the Spider' and they were both acoustic.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I've listened to a few songs so far, and I have to say, the "absolutely beautiful" comment is right. If you liked "Year Of The Spider" you should love this. It's got the same kind of production as that, but with much better lyrics.

Track List:
    01. Back Home
    02. Feel It In Your Heart
    03. Anatomy Of A Tidal Wave
    04. A Different Kind Of Pain
    05. Another Pill
    06. Happens All The Time
    07. When Heaven's Not Far Away
    08. God's Song
    09. When Angels Fly Away
    10. Tell Me Why
    11. Ocean

It seems like it's mostly lighter songs (think "Cure My Tragedy", "Don't Belong", "Whatever You Became", etc), but there's a good mix in there. So far no acoustic songs, but we'll see.

The lyrics are a bit depressing, but they're also a little bit of 'I'm going to move on, I'm going to make it' kind-of deal, too. I think it's mainly the atmosphere of the songs that give it a depressing tone... anyone that listens to Cold knows what I'm talking about when I say the tone of the songs (I hope).

There instrument work on all the songs are pretty good... the drum work seems essentially the same, actually, as does the guitar work (which is kind of interesting, seeing all the changes the band's made... then again, it's mainly Scooter, in my opinion).

Mark

Scooter said he was renaming "Anatomy of a Tidal Wave" to "The Calm That Killed The Storm" to be respectful to those lost in the South Asia tsunamis. I believe the ripping group just named it wrong?

Good to hear. I can't wait. 6 weeks.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Probably... "It was the calm that killed the storm" is stated in the song, so I think it's a mistake by the ripping group.

"A Different Kind Of Pain" is a little acoustic, it sounds like. Not exactly acoustic, but there's a nice piano intro in it and great vocals... you know what I mean? Definately worthy of being the title track.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Downloading now, cant fuckin wait to listen.

Mark

Yeah, I heard ADKOP from the radio rip of the 4 songs a few months ago.

In hindsight, thatwas a mistake. But at least they weren't very good quality.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Yeah, I heard ADKOP from the radio rip of the 4 songs a few months ago.

In hindsight, thatwas a mistake. But at least they weren't very good quality. [/b][/quote]
    The songs are better than those radio rips... they're a bit changed, too, it sounds like. They sound great.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I'm done with the last song... I pretty much stand by what I said. The record's got that tone is pretty much the same all the way through.

No real acoustic songs, actually.

There are a couple of heavier songs, but they pretty much stick with the tone. "Ocean" is a great closer. It's got some amazing drum work if you listen closely.

Guitar and bass work is relatively similar through all the songs... the songs you've heard so far should give you an idea of what to expect from the other songs in terms of guitar and bass. There's some good rythm work in the songs, though. Nothing amazing, nothing bad, but it's missing some key riffs like "Year Of The Spider" had... but makes up for it in great rythm.

Edit: Going to eat now... post any questions you have and I'll come back and try to answer (if someone doesn't before I get back).

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Murs - Walk Like A Man Soundtrack leaked last night. New tracks from Atmosphere, Brother Ali, I Self Divine, Vox Vermillion, Kice, 3 Melancholy Gypsies and Murs himself are all featured. Includes the remix to "H.U.S.T.L.E" featuring E-40, Chingo Bling and John Cena. Produced by 9th Wonder.

Mark

On a scale from one to ten?

Ant

Ant Ambient

On a scale from one to ten? [/b][/quote]
    Hmmmm... maybe an 8 or an 8.5. I'm not a HUGE Cold fan, but I've been a fan since the self-titled and 13 ways. It's some of their better work, I think. There's maybe a song or two that kind of seem to drag on, but there's really not a bad song on the whole thing, I think.

Mr. Benzedrine

Mr. Benzedrine Rock the 40 Oz

I seen on MTV.com (i think) that some Pink tracks have leaked somewhere. Don't quote me on that though.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

The "L'Via L'Viaquez" CD single is on the internet now. I only mention this because it contains a new track.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

No way am i downloading the new Cold CD, i will wait. I can't wait for the album.

Ant

Ant Ambient

:lol:

I just thought that was funny, sorry. :lol:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

:lol:

I just thought that was funny, sorry. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, me too reading it back. :lol:

Li

Li Well-Known Member

10 years leaked.

Just started listening to it. It sounds pretty good so far. "The Recipe" stands out at the moment.

Ant

Ant Ambient

YES! FINALLY!

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

I feel like I'm missing something. :unsure:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

YES! FINALLY! [/b][/quote]
    Damn, I cant find it anywhere