Page 2 of 218 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 4349
  1. #21
    I'm Ron F***ing Swanson. Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    24,421
    Originally posted by Ant+Jul 16 2005, 03:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ant @ Jul 16 2005, 03:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Mark@Jul 16 2005, 05:48 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Ant
    @Jul 16 2005, 03:09 PM
    Cold&#39;s new CD leaked, Mark (Yes, I&#39;m serious.)

    I&#39;m now taking a vow that I will NOT download that.

    What&#39;s it like?
    Just finished... I&#39;ll tell you after I listen to a little of each song (I&#39;ll listen to one minute or so of each, tell you what I think, then listen to the entire songs).

    Edit: Actually, I&#39;ll listen to the whole thing, because I like what I&#39;ve heard so far, lol [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, might as well listen to the entire thing.

    I hear it&#39;s absolutely beautiful. There&#39;s an orchestra and piano in some of the songs. Let me know if there&#39;s any acoustic tracks. "Wasted Years" and "Black Sunday" were the best tracks on &#39;Year of the Spider&#39; and they were both acoustic.

  2. #22
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,112
    I&#39;ve listened to a few songs so far, and I have to say, the "absolutely beautiful" comment is right. If you liked "Year Of The Spider" you should love this. It&#39;s got the same kind of production as that, but with much better lyrics.

    Track List:
    01. Back Home
    02. Feel It In Your Heart
    03. Anatomy Of A Tidal Wave
    04. A Different Kind Of Pain
    05. Another Pill
    06. Happens All The Time
    07. When Heaven&#39;s Not Far Away
    08. God&#39;s Song
    09. When Angels Fly Away
    10. Tell Me Why
    11. Ocean

    It seems like it&#39;s mostly lighter songs (think "Cure My Tragedy", "Don&#39;t Belong", "Whatever You Became", etc), but there&#39;s a good mix in there. So far no acoustic songs, but we&#39;ll see.

    The lyrics are a bit depressing, but they&#39;re also a little bit of &#39;I&#39;m going to move on, I&#39;m going to make it&#39; kind-of deal, too. I think it&#39;s mainly the atmosphere of the songs that give it a depressing tone... anyone that listens to Cold knows what I&#39;m talking about when I say the tone of the songs (I hope).

    There instrument work on all the songs are pretty good... the drum work seems essentially the same, actually, as does the guitar work (which is kind of interesting, seeing all the changes the band&#39;s made... then again, it&#39;s mainly Scooter, in my opinion).

  3. #23
    I'm Ron F***ing Swanson. Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    24,421
    Originally posted by Ant@Jul 16 2005, 03:34 PM
    I&#39;ve listened to a few songs so far, and I have to say, the "absolutely beautiful" comment is right. If you liked "Year Of The Spider" you should love this. It&#39;s got the same kind of production as that, but with much better lyrics.

    Track List:
    01. Back Home
    02. Feel It In Your Heart
    03. Anatomy Of A Tidal Wave
    04. A Different Kind Of Pain
    05. Another Pill
    06. Happens All The Time
    07. When Heaven&#39;s Not Far Away
    08. God&#39;s Song
    09. When Angels Fly Away
    10. Tell Me Why
    11. Ocean

    It seems like it&#39;s mostly lighter songs (think "Cure My Tragedy", "Don&#39;t Belong", "Whatever You Became", etc), but there&#39;s a good mix in there. So far no acoustic songs, but we&#39;ll see.

    The lyrics are a bit depressing, but they&#39;re also a little bit of &#39;I&#39;m going to move on, I&#39;m going to make it&#39; kind-of deal, too. I think it&#39;s mainly the atmosphere of the songs that give it a depressing tone... anyone that listens to Cold knows what I&#39;m talking about when I say the tone of the songs (I hope).

    There instrument work on all the songs are pretty good... the drum work seems essentially the same, actually, as does the guitar work (which is kind of interesting, seeing all the changes the band&#39;s made... then again, it&#39;s mainly Scooter, in my opinion).
    Scooter said he was renaming "Anatomy of a Tidal Wave" to "The Calm That Killed The Storm" to be respectful to those lost in the South Asia tsunamis. I believe the ripping group just named it wrong?

    Good to hear. I can&#39;t wait. 6 weeks.

  4. #24
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,112
    Probably... "It was the calm that killed the storm" is stated in the song, so I think it&#39;s a mistake by the ripping group.

    "A Different Kind Of Pain" is a little acoustic, it sounds like. Not exactly acoustic, but there&#39;s a nice piano intro in it and great vocals... you know what I mean? Definately worthy of being the title track.

  5. #25
    FLǕGGȦ∂NKđČHIβǾLʃN Todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,060,448
    Downloading now, cant fuckin wait to listen.

  6. #26
    I'm Ron F***ing Swanson. Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    24,421
    Originally posted by Ant@Jul 16 2005, 03:39 PM
    Probably... "It was the calm that killed the storm" is stated in the song, so I think it&#39;s a mistake by the ripping group.

    "A Different Kind Of Pain" is a little acoustic, it sounds like. Not exactly acoustic, but there&#39;s a nice piano intro in it and great vocals... you know what I mean? Definately worthy of being the title track.
    Yeah, I heard ADKOP from the radio rip of the 4 songs a few months ago.

    In hindsight, thatwas a mistake. But at least they weren&#39;t very good quality.

  7. #27
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,112
    Originally posted by Mark+Jul 16 2005, 06:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jul 16 2005, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ant@Jul 16 2005, 03:39 PM
    Probably... "It was the calm that killed the storm" is stated in the song, so I think it&#39;s a mistake by the ripping group.

    "A Different Kind Of Pain" is a little acoustic, it sounds like. Not exactly acoustic, but there&#39;s a nice piano intro in it and great vocals... you know what I mean? Definately worthy of being the title track.
    Yeah, I heard ADKOP from the radio rip of the 4 songs a few months ago.

    In hindsight, thatwas a mistake. But at least they weren&#39;t very good quality. [/b][/quote]
    The songs are better than those radio rips... they&#39;re a bit changed, too, it sounds like. They sound great.

  8. #28
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,112
    I&#39;m done with the last song... I pretty much stand by what I said. The record&#39;s got that tone is pretty much the same all the way through.

    No real acoustic songs, actually.

    There are a couple of heavier songs, but they pretty much stick with the tone. "Ocean" is a great closer. It&#39;s got some amazing drum work if you listen closely.

    Guitar and bass work is relatively similar through all the songs... the songs you&#39;ve heard so far should give you an idea of what to expect from the other songs in terms of guitar and bass. There&#39;s some good rythm work in the songs, though. Nothing amazing, nothing bad, but it&#39;s missing some key riffs like "Year Of The Spider" had... but makes up for it in great rythm.

    Edit: Going to eat now... post any questions you have and I&#39;ll come back and try to answer (if someone doesn&#39;t before I get back).

  9. #29
    LPA VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8,702
    Murs - Walk Like A Man Soundtrack leaked last night. New tracks from Atmosphere, Brother Ali, I Self Divine, Vox Vermillion, Kice, 3 Melancholy Gypsies and Murs himself are all featured. Includes the remix to "H.U.S.T.L.E" featuring E-40, Chingo Bling and John Cena. Produced by 9th Wonder.
    meet the team.



  10. #30
    I'm Ron F***ing Swanson. Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    24,421
    Originally posted by Ant@Jul 16 2005, 04:04 PM
    Edit: Going to eat now... post any questions you have and I&#39;ll come back and try to answer (if someone doesn&#39;t before I get back).
    On a scale from one to ten?

  11. #31
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,112
    Originally posted by Mark+Jul 16 2005, 07:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jul 16 2005, 07:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ant@Jul 16 2005, 04:04 PM
    Edit: Going to eat now... post any questions you have and I&#39;ll come back and try to answer (if someone doesn&#39;t before I get back).
    On a scale from one to ten? [/b][/quote]
    Hmmmm... maybe an 8 or an 8.5. I&#39;m not a HUGE Cold fan, but I&#39;ve been a fan since the self-titled and 13 ways. It&#39;s some of their better work, I think. There&#39;s maybe a song or two that kind of seem to drag on, but there&#39;s really not a bad song on the whole thing, I think.

  12. #32
    Rock the 40 Oz Mr. Benzedrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    2,466
    I seen on MTV.com (i think) that some Pink tracks have leaked somewhere. Don&#39;t quote me on that though.

    Formerly known as Lostprophet

  13. #33
    MEE ∆ L∆KE $pvcxGhxztCasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,886
    The "L&#39;Via L&#39;Viaquez" CD single is on the internet now. I only mention this because it contains a new track.

  14. #34
    I'm tried Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    18,100
    No way am i downloading the new Cold CD, i will wait. I can&#39;t wait for the album.

  15. #35
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,112
    Originally posted by Uncle_Raj@Jul 17 2005, 09:23 AM
    ... i will wait. I can&#39;t wait for the album.



    I just thought that was funny, sorry.

  16. #36
    I'm tried Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Guilin
    Posts
    18,100
    Originally posted by Ant+Jul 18 2005, 04:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ant @ Jul 18 2005, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Uncle_Raj@Jul 17 2005, 09:23 AM
    ... i will wait. I can&#39;t wait for the album.



    I just thought that was funny, sorry. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, me too reading it back.

  17. #37
    It's Like I'm Paranoid... Li's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    194
    10 years leaked.

    Just started listening to it. It sounds pretty good so far. "The Recipe" stands out at the moment.

  18. #38
    Ambient
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,112
    Originally posted by soldierElite@Jul 19 2005, 02:48 AM
    10 years leaked.

    Just started listening to it. It sounds pretty good so far. "The Recipe" stands out at the moment.
    YES&#33; FINALLY&#33;

  19. #39
    I feel like I&#39;m missing something.
    myspace.com/allwedoiscreate

  20. #40
    FLǕGGȦ∂NKđČHIβǾLʃN Todd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,060,448
    Originally posted by Ant+Jul 18 2005, 10:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ant @ Jul 18 2005, 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--soldierElite@Jul 19 2005, 02:48 AM
    10 years leaked.

    Just started listening to it. It sounds pretty good so far. "The Recipe" stands out at the moment.
    YES&#33; FINALLY&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Damn, I cant find it anywhere

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •