Getting A New Puppy

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Amanda, Jul 7, 2005.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

The deal is that I could get the puppy and keep her on Saturday. However, I'm going on vacation the following Saturday and she'd have to go back to my aunt's (the breeder's) for the week I was gone.

I'm thinking it might be better if I don't take her home until I get back from vacation. I think it would be unfair if she finally got used to our house and then had to go back to were she came from. That and also, she's a small dog and she can be (get this) litter trained. I'd like to start her training as soon as possible, but if there's a week break where she's not being trained, she may fall back.

Is there anyone on the boards who has experience with puppies of her age? (8 weeks)

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

When i first got my dog, which was about the same age, he never liked being left alone and didn't like change too much either. If i was you i'd wait until you get back to take her home, that way there's no confusion and you will probably enjoy your vacation that little bit more too, without the constant worrying. So...

Joe's Verdict; Wait until you get back to take her home. :thumbsup:

Amanda

I was thinking that too, but I didn't post it because I'm thinking more about the pups needs than my own.

But yes, I think you're right. It's my parents idea to take her home Saturday and i'm trying to tell them that I think it's bad. I just wanted some other opinions.

Thank you.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Well, I think you should wait before you take it
    Because the doggy need all the attention and love you can give him. I own a puppy ( of course, its all grown now)
    and they need lots of attention.

sorry to cut short, but this is all i rerember.

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

Yea, wait till you come back. Cause just when the dogs getting used to your house it will go back where it came from. You'll just really confuse it.

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

Pups don't like all that travelling around. They're very affectionate towards their owners and if you keep it for a day and not come back for a week or more, it may be confused. ;)

Amanda

Thanks so much everyone. My parents have finally come around and we'll be getting her when we get back from vacation. She's coming for a quick visit so that we can meet her tomorrow. I will post pictures.

Thanks again. ^_^

Amanda.

Amanda. Well-Known Member

I would of waited until I got back from vacation too. Good choice! :p

Amanda

Actually, I asked the breeder and she said that we were wrong. It's BETTER that she stay here. So she's hanging out here for the week. That's why I may not be on that much.