This summer you should make a poll of what the best LP song is. Just make a bracket in which two songs face of head to head, moving two the ladder if they won. I know you have had this type of contest in the forums, but I would like to see the outcome of this type. You could even divide it uinto divisions (like Meteora Division, B-side/unreleased Division (may include HTEP), Hybrid theory division ETC. I think this could be interesting and give me another reason to visit the LPA on a daily basis.

I just want to say that I got this idea from GameFAQS annual character battle they hold each summer (visit www.gamefaqs.com if you want to see it, although it hasn't started yet).

Well, tell me what you think of this idea.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Originally posted by esaul17@Jul 6 2005, 12:15 PM
    This summer you should make a poll of what the best LP song is. Just make a bracket in which two songs face of head to head, moving two the ladder if they won. I know you have had this type of contest in the forums, but I would like to see the outcome of this type. You could even divide it uinto divisions (like Meteora Division, B-side/unreleased Division (may include HTEP), Hybrid theory division ETC. I think this could be interesting and give me another reason to visit the LPA on a daily basis.

I just want to say that I got this idea from GameFAQS annual character battle they hold each summer (visit www.gamefaqs.com if you want to see it, although it hasn't started yet).

We already did that a little while ago, although I forget what the favorite song was. But Will directed the entire contest.
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

Was it just in the forums, or were the songs head to head? I remember a sort of elimination-style thing, but no a ladder style. I think the ladder style could make it easier for people to vote, allowing for more votes and a more interesting contest. The other on only had abour 20 or 30 votes if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by Derek+Jul 6 2005, 03:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Derek @ Jul 6 2005, 03:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--esaul17@Jul 6 2005, 12:15 PM

I just want to say that I got this idea from GameFAQS annual character battle they hold each summer (visit www.gamefaqs.com if you want to see it, although it hasn&#39;t started yet).

We already did that a little while ago, although I forget what the favorite song was. But Will directed the entire contest. [/b][/quote]
    I did that, jackass.

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/index....10&t=12707&st=0

It&#39;s a little confusing, but at the end of it all P5hng Me A*wy beat out A Place For My Head for the title.

I should do another one of these sometime.

Originally posted by Mark+Jul 7 2005, 12:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Jul 7 2005, 12:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Derek@Jul 6 2005, 03:04 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--esaul17
    @Jul 6 2005, 12:15 PM

I just want to say that I got this idea from GameFAQS annual character battle they hold each summer (visit www.gamefaqs.com if you want to see it, although it hasn&#39;t started yet).

We already did that a little while ago, although I forget what the favorite song was. But Will directed the entire contest.
    I did that, jackass.

It&#39;s a little confusing, but at the end of it all P5hng Me A*wy beat out A Place For My Head for the title.

I should do another one of these sometime. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m up for it. I really enjoyed it last time. We should make it an annual event like the awards.

I would atleast wait until the next Linkin Park record comes out. I&#39;m guessing you already knew that though.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Originally posted by Uncle_Raj+Jul 6 2005, 07:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uncle_Raj @ Jul 6 2005, 07:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Mark@Jul 7 2005, 12:19 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--esaul17

I did that, jackass.

I&#39;m up for it. I really enjoyed it last time. We should make it an annual event like the awards. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry, jackass.

Any chance you could do it in a poll-like form? As you said, the other way was a touch confusing. This way would be easier (for voters at least). Regardless, thanks for responding to my suggestion.

Originally posted by Derek+Jul 7 2005, 01:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Derek @ Jul 7 2005, 01:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Uncle_Raj@Jul 6 2005, 07:14 PM
    Originally posted by -Mark@Jul 7 2005, 12:19 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--esaul17

I did that, jackass.

I&#39;m up for it. I really enjoyed it last time. We should make it an annual event like the awards.
    Sorry, jackass. [/b][/quote]
    <s>Huh? Am i the only one who didn&#39;t get that?</s>

Ah, i get it, i thought you were aiming it at me, sorry.

No control, no surprise.
    I think this would be quite interesting...but I wouldn&#39;t know since I wasn&#39;t here when this other one took place.

But I like the idea.

LPA Addict
    It would be more interesting with other bands. Something like the MTV Music Awards, but then change MTV to LPA.

Formerly known as Chris.

Originally posted by Chris@Jul 7 2005, 06:51 PM
    It would be more interesting with other bands. Something like the MTV Music Awards, but then change MTV to LPA.
    ... and who do you think would win on an LP fan site?

Banned
    Originally posted by Uncle_Raj+Jul 7 2005, 05:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Uncle_Raj @ Jul 7 2005, 05:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Chris@Jul 7 2005, 06:51 PM
    ... and who do you think would win on an LP fan site? [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s why you don&#39;t include LP

Birmingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Is there going to be one of these for Fort Minor when it comes out?
    silence your critics

Thread Information