Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    I just got finished streaming the Wake Me Up When September Ends video, and I have to say I cant believe it. I never knew that "Samuel Bayer' (who directed the other GD vids) was capable of something so intense.

Probably the only music video I've ever watched that had me on the verge of tears. Amazing stuff.

Your thoughts?
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

Banned
    Yeah, this video was just...perfect. Sitting next to the Ghost of You video, this video nearly made me cry. Samuel Bayer is just a pure genius.

There was a topic on this, but it was so long ago that posting there would probably be necroposting now.

I personally loved the video. It had me crying by the end. It was actually much better than I had anticipated. I was very dissapointed by the 'American Idiot' video, and the BoBD video was okay, but I thought it could have been much better.

I was pleasantly surprised by the WMUWSE video. It's probably my favorite Green Day video out there now.
    The World Can Never Break You Just As Long As Your Spirit Is Free.
    .soundcloud.twitter.facebook.

Love is Blind. Which Makes Love Genderless. Let Love Live.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Yeah he picked the right actress for the video. Rachel Wood was really emotional.

I cant get over how she looked like Avril Lavigne though.

Originally posted by Derek@Jul 1 2005, 06:59 PM
    I cant get over how she looked like Avril Lavigne though.
    She looked like Avril? I didn't notice that. Now I've got to go find it and watch it again.

Its a great video no doubt,however the people talk to much for a music video

Its still a great video which points out more of Green Day's anti-war stuff.

Where can I obtain this video?
    Lyndie is back. Oh my.

^By watching the music channels,its already been overplayed just likeall of the other American Idiot singles

Banned
    Originally posted by Hellflame@Jul 1 2005, 07:15 PM
    ^By watching the music channels,its already been overplayed just likeall of the other American Idiot singles
    Yeah, you're wrong there my friend. They may have played it a lot in England, but they rarely play it here.

Whimsicality: Here you go.

Originally posted by Hellflame@Jul 1 2005, 08:15 PM
    But...TV sucks. Except for South Park and certain addictive VH1 shows.

Edit-

Franny, you're my hero.

Originally posted by Whimsicality+Jul 2 2005, 12:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Whimsicality @ Jul 2 2005, 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Hellflame@Jul 1 2005, 08:15 PM

Edit-

Franny, you&#39;re my hero. [/b][/quote]
    The great TV lord aka Rupert Murdok will come for you for that comment

Originally posted by Hellflame+Jul 1 2005, 08:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hellflame @ Jul 1 2005, 08:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Whimsicality@Jul 2 2005, 12:20 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Hellflame
    @Jul 1 2005, 08:15 PM

Edit-

Franny, you&#39;re my hero.
    The great TV lord aka Rupert Murdok will come for you for that comment [/b][/quote]
    *hides*

And on topic: Intense.

Official Ghost of the LPA
    The video premiered in the US?
    I joined LPA at age 11. I'm now the Official Ghost of LPA - just so you know.

Originally posted by Matt@Jul 1 2005, 08:45 PM
    Yeah, June 13th I think. But they hardly ever play it.

Official Ghost of the LPA
    Originally posted by .in.the.shadows.+Jul 1 2005, 05:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.in.the.shadows. @ Jul 1 2005, 05:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Matt@Jul 1 2005, 08:45 PM
    Yeah, June 13th I think. But they hardly ever play it. [/b][/quote]
    Well, I&#39;m not surprised, it&#39;s 7 minutes long, for crying out loud. Maybe they&#39;ll release an edited version with the acting cut out, but then no one would get the idea of the video...I think.

Banned
    Originally posted by Matt+Jul 1 2005, 08:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 1 2005, 08:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -.in.the.shadows.@Jul 1 2005, 05:47 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Matt
    @Jul 1 2005, 08:45 PM

Well, I&#39;m not surprised, it&#39;s 7 minutes long, for crying out loud. Maybe they&#39;ll release an edited version with the acting cut out, but then no one would get the idea of the video...I think. [/b][/quote]
    They don&#39;t play it in the US (not until late at night) because of the battle scene near the end. Not because it was too long.

LPA Addict
    Ive only seen the edited video and thats without the acting. It didnt make me cry, or on the edge I like the video though, i like wars :whistle:

Formerly known as Chris.

Samuel Bayer can direct a nonsensical vid like Holiday, but he still manages to pull off something like this really well. Awesome, awesome vid. I love the setting where GD was playing.

Its a good video. My girlfriend knows Jamie Bell, who&#39;s in it.

Banned
    Originally posted by Matt+Jul 1 2005, 09:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 1 2005, 09:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -.in.the.shadows.@Jul 1 2005, 05:47 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Matt
    @Jul 1 2005, 08:45 PM

Well, I&#39;m not surprised, it&#39;s 7 minutes long, for crying out loud. Maybe they&#39;ll release an edited version with the acting cut out, but then no one would get the idea of the video...I think. [/b][/quote]
    But then again, the single hasn&#39;t gotten much airplay which is a shocker to me because that sounds like the perfect song to be ruined by radio play.

Thread Information