What Will Be The End Of Civilization?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Jun 13, 2005.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I saw this on another forum and found it intriguing as to what some people had to say.

What do you believe will mean the end of civilization? I mean, the Paleozoic Era was marked by the mass extinction of 95% of all living organisms 245 million years ago, the end of the Mesozoic Era was the mass-extinction of all the Dinosaurs 66.4 million years ago, so what will cause the end of the Cenozoic (or present) era in a world where homo sapiens reign supreme? And when do you believe it will happen?

(Mind the eras and earth's history stuff, I just got finished studying for my Earth Systems exam. :p)

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

Well, I'm a religious person, so I won't go into that. But if in the end, I'm wrong, I think mankind will end up destroying itself. Kind of like on The Terminator. Or maybe it'll be like what happens to Roland's world in The Dark Tower series if anyone's read that. Ha ha, I'll stop rambling nonsense now.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

When we create a weapon that is far greater than a nuclear or hydrogen bomb. I've heard things about how we have the technology to create some kind of weapon that has another power to literally split the earth in half (possibly even destroy it) by using nuclear atoms, I believe, since they have unlimited potential.

Yes, I watch to much Attack Of The Show. But now that I think about it, it's my ideal situation for the world to end. None of this Satan Vs. Jesus bullshit.

EDIT: End of our age? Two words: Nuclear Winter. Mass extinction of the human race. Maybe not total extinction, but enough to damn near cripple shit.

Mark

That's a good hypothesis, Casey.

What I should stress for everyone that'll post in here is that I mean civilization, not necessarily the destruction of Earth. Of course, those can come hand in hand.

Everyone should try to be creative with their answers. It'd seem unoriginal to say "what he said". Offer some variations, you could even throw out some goofball theory. We'll discuss the viability of people's suggestions.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Well whatever it be, we are due for some end of mankind soon.

A gigantic war. WWIII, it's bound to happen someday.

Mark

Which brings the suggestion of "between whom?" to the table.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

I'm not too familiar with this stuff but I think something like The Day After Tommorow is gonna happen because of the global warming and shit. Anything can happen. Who thought Tsunami would happen right?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

The Allied States Of Korea:
    Kim Jong-Il goes apeshit with power and basically forces South Korea to merge with North Korea to form one "super" state.

France:
    Because they hate the United States and always like to be involved in World Wars.

And other various nations I don't care to name...

Vs.

The United States Of America:
    We declare war on Korea when they force our ally in South Korea to merge, and when they threaten nuclear warfare in retalation to helping out South Korea.

Canada:
    Because we need someone to make pancakes.

England:
    The Republicans have Tony Blair wrapped around their finger like a fucking kite, that's why.

And other nations...

In other words, I see the dearming of North Korea to be a more important issue than the capture of Saddam and Osama and libertating Iraq.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Wouldn't be surprised if America started it. Australia will be in their corner laughing at us. I wish I lived in Australia or Canada. Israel and Iraq would be a part of it I'm sure. It will be religious of course. I don't know just my thoughts.

Weezy

Weezy Well-Known Member

When everyone starts seeing Jesus in everything..?

Just kidding. I'm thinking some kind of nuclear war - one that, I'm sure, the United States will start (if the direction of this country stays the same).

Glue

Glue Well-Known Member

I think The Civilization will end very soon because of war and global warming. The ozone layer is getting thinner. The more advance we are the more faster the civilization will end.

Muri

Muri It never ends.

But what about the ozone layer?
    It gets smaller,because we trash the environment. That's kinda self-destructive...

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

At this rate we'll all die cause we are just to lazy to live proply. I mean heart attacks, obiecity it just keeps going up. We'll kill ourselves because we are all to lazy to look after our own health.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

My thoughts on the end of civilization.

Jacob's Theory of the End of Civilization

Personally, I think that the end of civilization will be because of our failure to support the economy. The economy isn't doing so well now. If we fail to support the economy, to support our system of Checks & Balance, if we fail to support our ways of living now, then we will fail to help ourselves. Everything we have is based on different economic processes. It will be harder for us to get food, to drink. We would have to resort to natural and uncleansed water and food. Eventually, we will run out of things to live off of, and die. Not to mention that civilization before its end will begin anarchic ways, people will kill each other to survive. Civilization...it cannot survive without a system. That's why we must support it.

My other theory on this situation would be this. We end up making a powerful weapon that is more powerful then the A-Bomb or the H-Bomb or anything of the kind. Our power-thirsty selves will end up using it the wrong way, eventually obliterating the human race. We will end up trying to use it to survive, but we will eventually kill ourselves because of it. Some people say that people die from their own weapon most of the time. That could be the case for the end of civilization. People who think power denied is power wasted will end up dying before everybody else, once again leading to an anarchic end...the end of civilization.

Minor alternatives are:

-There is, in fact, intelligence on other planets...that will invade Earth and possibly obliterate us all (maybe in a situation such as War of the Worlds).

-There is a complete World War and everyone is involved...once again beginning anarchy.

-There is an all-out meteor shower obliterating the human race.

The minor alternatives are pretty much pointless, but my theories are explained.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I agree with Omar A[/b][/quote]

... :wth:

Muri

Muri It never ends.

... :wth: [/b][/quote]
    >_< *edits*

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't think humans' extinction will be caused by nature disasters. No floods, no cold, warmth, nothing with the ozonlayer. Humans will walk one step ahead with their technology. But maybe, one day, they will make one stupid mistake in technology for our own survival, and that one mistake will cost about everyone's lives. But ofcourse not everyone, there will be a new race created on Mars.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

Agreed. Mankind might just kill off itself. Take overpopulation for one.

We have restrictions on what we can eat and what hours and days and places we're allowed to buy beer, but there's no restrictions on who can breed and how often? Does anyone else see the gaping hole in the logic here? The intelligent, creative types are too busy being intelligent and creative to have more than one or two children, and the unwashed twitching masses are popping them out as often as they're physically able.

Before too long there will be millions upon millions upon millions of idiots, multiplying their dumb amongst themselves, You don't improve on anything if you cross a moronic dumbass with a pathetic simpleton. You end up with a pathetic dumbass. Who will meet the incompetent fool child of a vapid fool and an imcompetent cunt, and breed. And breed. And breed. When the world ends there will be 60 billion moronic fuckin idiots standing around going "durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...*orgasm*" and two intelligent beings clutching each other for support as they wait for the vodka and phenobarbitol to take effect.

And then the Head Chimp will find the shiny red button labeled "NOOKLEER WEPPINS" and, after mistaking it for a large flat M&M, press it. And that'll be it.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

did you read about how NASA are working on a way to work the greenhouse effect on Mars so it can be inhabited by humans. It was something moronic like that if i recall correctly.

Justin

Justin See you there

Nuclear War.

Gimme a while to write why, and i'll post reasons later.

My guess will be that North Korea and China will form an alliance, as they are allies and both are 'communist', but only if someone radical takes over the Chinese government. The current president (I think it's Hu Jintao or something like that) is both Head of State and the head of the military, but is fairly moderate. They just decreased their hard-line stance against Taiwan, and are establishing links with Taiwanese opposition parties. The Chinese government system is very complicated, but people such as the current president have the ability to wield absolute power.