Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    >.<
    Some people listen to music because the song is catchy or pop. But some people listen to music and relate to the songs, almost like a biography. Some people even do actions on lyrics like that shooting blamed on One Step Closer. I take lyrics seriously too. Like Breaking the Habit or Crawling for example I listen to when I&#39;m in a certain mood. Is this normal?

\m/
    Well, with the kind of music I listen to, I don&#39;t take the lyrics seriously. But listening to certain songs for certain moods is normal.

Example-when I feel depressed, I listen to Metallica-Fuel, to get me cheered up. I have no clue how, it just does.

When I feeling kinda sad I will probably listen to Linkin Park - Numb&#33;&#33;&#33;

i find myself putting a certain cd and only playing one or two tracks depending what mood iam in.... so yeh i guess it &#39;normal&#39; (define normal)

Castle of Glass

It never ends.
    Yeah. I put &#39;Faint&#39; to full blast when I&#39;m angry as hell.
    But my moods change with the songs...

Aitäh Muri (Hundiraev)! (Picture taken from Metsatöll's website)

Formerly known as El Huginno.

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    My music and moods usually relate. That&#39;s why it&#39;s hard for me to listen to certain songs that i feel i can&#39;t relate to.

Originally posted by Geki@Jun 5 2005, 11:50 AM
    Some people listen to music because the song is catchy or pop. But some people listen to music and relate to the songs, almost like a biography. Some people even do actions on lyrics like that shooting blamed on One Step Closer. I take lyrics seriously too. Like Breaking the Habit or Crawling for example I listen to when I&#39;m in a certain mood. Is this normal?
    I always thought it was normal...

Sometimes Love Can Be Two Pricks In The Neck...
    .:RAMMSTEIN lover:.
    My DeviantART

No control, no surprise.
    Music is basically a way to get stress out. And it&#39;s not necessarily relating to lyrics. My band teacher mentioned that music is just a stress reliever.

Without music, I would think the population would be less than half of what it is today.

Ntr/Mssion
    I relate music to everything that I do, say and feel. Music is my escape path and I listen to it on full blast when I&#39;m driving. Sometimes, I just feel such a connection to the lyrics that I can&#39;t push the stop button on my stereo.

Ntr/Mssion
    Music is therapy for my soul

when I&#39;m depressed I listen songs like crawling,numb or from the inside...and sometimes I cry...

Lets face it,LP have the power to make a depressed person feel good listening to one of their songs,thier lyrics are what makes people relate to their music.

Originally posted by hellflame Prophecy@Jun 9 2005, 06:02 PM
    Lets face it,LP have the power to make a depressed person feel good listening to one of their songs,thier lyrics are what makes people relate to their music.
    i agree

What's a 'Grey Daze'?
    when i&#39;m angry i&#39;m listening to Faint and In the end i don&#39;t know why in the end but i all i know is i don&#39;t sing in the part "i&#39;ve put my trust..." i YELL. well when i;m sad i&#39;m listening to In the end but i dont sing nor yell i dont do anything and when i think the world is against me i listen to Nobody listening.so i say evry song shows how i feel and my moods sometimes my friend come to my house they JUST hear Faint and they get out knowing whats happening well thats how it goes with me.

LP&#39;s lyrics changed my life&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;1111ONES

Ntr/Mssion
    I take lyrics very seriously and listen to songs with lyrics that will help me get through whatever it is I&#39;m going through. I find it very helpful because the songs express what I&#39;m feeling, when I might not know how to put those feelings into words.

Ntr/Mssion
    Some songs I really just can&#39;t help but laugh @ the lyrics but with songs lyk place 4 my hed I can really relate 2 them.( And hit the floor). Depends on who u r when it comes 2 relating to the lyrics. But mostly they just lyrics and I not bothered.

It's what you like, not what you're like. Christopher's Avatar
    i think it&#39;s normal to express your feelings in what way what so ever
    i like listening to music when i&#39;m kind of down and it brings me in another mood.
    metal is a very good way to make my frustrations go away.
    i think pop music is 2 based on making a catchy song and making money don&#39;t like that idea at all

I really listen to the lyrics and thats all in songs, if its got a catchy rift but crap lyrics it jus isnt good enough for me personally, thats probably why linkin park are my fave band.
    Also i dont know if im the only one who does this, but if im feelin sad i normally listen to a sad song and it makes me feel better, if im angry.. a angry song etc

to be honest...I don&#39;t look at lyrics a lot. I judge music mostly on the sound. If I like how it sounds, then I like it.

Thread Information