Official Nintendo Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by LinkinJunior, May 15, 2005.

1. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I wouldn't bank on that. Nintendo's online is free, third parties can probably choose what they want.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

True. Take a look at the innovations they've brought to video games...

Shoulder buttons
    Start + Select
    Rumblepack (vibration)
    Memory card
    Analog stick
    Wireless controller

3. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Super Smash Bros. 3 is gonna be a launch title :D

Although that was to be expected,it was a launch title for the N64 and the Gamecube.

4. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Mario 64 was the launch title for the N64.

In fact, I don't think Smash Bros came out until a year or so after the N64 was released.

5. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

In fact, I don't think Smash Bros came out until a year or so after the N64 was released. [/b][/quote]
    Really? I can't remember...which is weird because I was 4 when the playstation came out and I remember everything about it :lol:

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

In fact, I don't think Smash Bros came out until a year or so after the N64 was released. [/b][/quote]
    It was a year or so.

I remember reading a gaming magazine talking about the game. They called it a zany party game that might not make it in the American market.

They also hoped that they would change the name, which made no sense to them. It was Smash Bros. :lol:

7. XVZ

XVZ Banned

Mario 128 is coming to Gamecube and Revolution and Metroid Prime 3 looks cool i saw a trailer.
    How many characters will there be avaible by Super Smash Bros.3?

8. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

9. NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

10. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Saw that last night. It sounds unbelievable. The look is eh...I don't think the seperate controller for an analog stick is too good of an idea but from the sound of how it works, It sounds fucking sweet. Leave it to Nintendo to bring something innovative to home consoles.

11. Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Looks like a mini slimline PS2. It does look rather sexy but why does it look so much like a Sony product? The controls look a bit odd but hey, most controls they're making right now are looking a bit weird (PS3). I'll have to keep an eye out for more info on this

12. 越南

越南 Well-Known Member

Badass. [/b][/quote]
    It looks like an ipod..
    they should turn it into a small ipod/controller that you can carry.
    now THAT would be awesome

13. Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Am I the only one of the opinion that the controller design is the worst atrocity to hit consoles since the original XBOX controller behemoth?

14. Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

No. A lot of people agree with you. I, however, dont. :p

15. Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

The trailer showing off the controller was awesome. I watched it this morning and was blown away. At the end of the clip where the guy was using the controller as a sword... I always wanted to do that type of thing when playing a Zelda game. I guess my dream is going to come true.

16. Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

Nintendo has either done something very great.....or have jumped into their own grave....

I hope for their sake that it works

17. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

What the hell? That controller looks like a remote for my damn TV. Nintendo needs to stop "revolutionizing" things, because frankly, they suck at it.

18. somekid

somekid Well-Known Member

1 word=Awesome

19. Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

I pretty much agree...here is the big problem.....

Because of the"new" technology the system uses... game developers will be forced to use it...This means more time and more money to develope games. Now tell me this...do you think game developers will want to go through all that just to make a game for a company whose last system did less than average in the system race.. Or would they rather stick with current technology and make a game that is playable on two systems (the PS3 and Xbox360) doubling their profits. The thing is....while nintendo is trying to appeal to the alternative audience ( grandparents playing a cooking simulation)...they are missing out on the major audience... 12- 25 year old guys that like to kill things. Dont get me wrong....I cant wait to get my hands on this system to try it out....but I really doubt companies other than nintendo will make games for it...

I think that nintendo just jumped into their grave...
    but only time well tell...I hope I am wrong

20. Ant

Ant Ambient

Yes, because we all know their idea of a rumble pack sucked, right? I mean, it's not like Sony stole the idea or anything.

I'm not going to say it's a good or bad idea yet. I haven't used it. But I will say this: chances are Nintendo has done a lot of play testing with it if they've waited this long to announce it. The same skepticism is apparent everytime Nintendo does somthing innovative. Remember the hoopla made when they revealed the N64 controller? People thought it was horrid, then they played games with it and the press fell in love with it.

Quite frankly, I'd much rather have Nintendo try something innovative like this and fail than have an industry that never changes. Sony's not going to push the envelope, and neither is Microsoft. Nintendo's going to be doing the pushing, and frankly, they're rather good at it.

Developers are not being forced to use it. They can if they want. If not, they can use the GameCube controller -- is everyone forgetting the Revolution has ports for 4 GameCube controllers? And they've already stated that there will be an adapter fore those who don't like the remote control/motion feel -- the Revolution controller will just plug right into it, and it'll function like a regular video game controller.

And not to be rude, but of course developers want to stick with the current generation... but if we did that with everything where would we get? New technology is always met with a knee-jerk response.

Edit: Controller adapter mock-up:
    http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000760059246