Official Nintendo Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by LinkinJunior, May 15, 2005.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Desperate? How about kick ass. Its a fantastic idea that probably spawned from Nintendo's great desire to hand Playstations backwards compatability back to them on a silver plate. I can't even begin to name the number of FANTASTIC games that came out of SNES/NES era. Plus, who wouldn't want Goldeneye on the new system?

First real innovative idea I've heard out of any of the new systems as of yet. Except for maybe Blu-ray in the PS3.

I'm a computer guy, consoles are fine, but I'll always be partial to the PCs. However, this Nintendo idea greatly appeals to me.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

No, its not desperation at all. Nintendo is just finally fixing the problems they had with the past consoles. Nothing was ever bacwards compatible. This new function may just make me want to buy this.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Oh man, I know that I'm going to buy the Revolution. I mean, Perfect Dark (or Goldeneye, I PD better though) over Nintendo Hi-Wire? That's going to be amazing.

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

No, its not desperation at all. Nintendo is just finally fixing the problems they had with the past consoles. Nothing was ever bacwards compatible. This new function may just make me want to buy this. [/b][/quote]
    I'm not sure backwards compatiablity should be the only reason to buy the Revolution, if i want to play classic Nintendo games i'll go load up my snes. I want new innovative games.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Innovative games are a given with Nintendo consoles. I/Me and my brother will probably end up owning all three next-gen consoles anyway.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Rare released the original Perfect Dark on the N64 back when they were owned by Nintendo. Since Nintendo sold Rare to MicroSoft, Perfect Dark Zero (A prequel to Perfect Dark) will be on Xbox 360.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

FarSighting without the split screen will pwn.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Backwards compatability all the way back to the SNES days convinces me to get the Revolution... That is just awesome to hear that their compatability will go back that far.

The design looks really boring, though, but then again, I don't expect a system to look pretty. As long as it plays well. :p

The Revolution gives old schoolers like myself a chance to relive the old days without having to dust off our old systems now... Or so it seems. Sounds great and that alone convinces me it'll be worth it... Or I hope.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The downloadable old-school games is definately one of plus' of the Revolution in my opinion. No doubt they'll come with a price though, How much? is the question.

Paul

I hope I will be able to trust Nintendo with their plan of online gaming if I do decide to buy a Revolution.

Downloading SNES games is tempting me to buy a Revolution over PS3.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Rare released the original Perfect Dark on the N64 back when they were owned by Nintendo. Since Nintendo sold Rare to MicroSoft, Perfect Dark Zero (A prequel to Perfect Dark) will be on Xbox 360. [/b][/quote]
    I know, I thought we were talking about Perfect Dark Zero for the 360 for some reason.

<_<

LinkinJunior

maybe they should call this SNES64.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Or the Super Cube Boy Advance 64.

LinkinJunior

Or the Super Cube Boy Advance 64. [/b][/quote]
    i bet that would still sell.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

i bet that would still sell. [/b][/quote]
    Depends.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

snes64 advanced cube.

im looking forward to buy it because, of backward thing, other then that, id buy games to play with family,
    how many cotrollers is another question...

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

That'll only account for about 15 years worth of games. It's going all the way back to the NES days.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Well I grew up mostly on the SNES series, so... That's why I only gave props up to SNES.

My parents gave away my old NES console, though, but yeah, I was more about the SNES than the NES growing up considering I was born around the start of SNES. :lol:

Paul

I really do hope 'Geist' makes it on the Revolution rather than the GameCube. The game has an awesome concept.

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

That would be awesome if you could play like Perfect Dark multiplayer with wi-fi capabilities. I'm pretty sure the question hasn't been asked that if the downloadable games have wi-fi compatitability but it would be sweet if it did. Just the whole concept of downloading older games is freaking great. I can now play all the great games I missed in the NES and SNES age.

Super Smash Bros. 3 online for the Revolution sounds freaking great. I'd love to play any of you guys anytime.