Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Desperate? How about kick ass. Its a fantastic idea that probably spawned from Nintendo's great desire to hand Playstations backwards compatability back to them on a silver plate. I can't even begin to name the number of FANTASTIC games that came out of SNES/NES era. Plus, who wouldn't want Goldeneye on the new system?

First real innovative idea I've heard out of any of the new systems as of yet. Except for maybe Blu-ray in the PS3.

I'm a computer guy, consoles are fine, but I'll always be partial to the PCs. However, this Nintendo idea greatly appeals to me.

I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. The Doctor's Avatar
    Originally posted by LinkinJunior@May 18 2005, 09:24 AM
    it seems a little desperate for Nintendo to have the system capable of downloading 20year old games onto it, but will all favorites be available? Like, superman.....
    No, its not desperation at all. Nintendo is just finally fixing the problems they had with the past consoles. Nothing was ever bacwards compatible. This new function may just make me want to buy this.

Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C User Name's Avatar
    Oh man, I know that I'm going to buy the Revolution. I mean, Perfect Dark (or Goldeneye, I PD better though) over Nintendo Hi-Wire? That's going to be amazing.
    So, I'm going to go kick Abaddon in the balls. Later.

LPA Super VIP
    Originally posted by Nate+May 18 2005, 07:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nate @ May 18 2005, 07:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LinkinJunior@May 18 2005, 09:24 AM
    it seems a little desperate for Nintendo to have the system capable of downloading 20year old games onto it, but will all favorites be available? Like, superman.....
    No, its not desperation at all. Nintendo is just finally fixing the problems they had with the past consoles. Nothing was ever bacwards compatible. This new function may just make me want to buy this. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m not sure backwards compatiablity should be the only reason to buy the Revolution, if i want to play classic Nintendo games i&#39;ll go load up my snes. I want new innovative games.

Innovative games are a given with Nintendo consoles. I/Me and my brother will probably end up owning all three next-gen consoles anyway.

The Ultimate Victory
    Originally posted by Casey@May 18 2005, 05:01 AM
    Stop confusing me goddamnit.
    Rare released the original Perfect Dark on the N64 back when they were owned by Nintendo. Since Nintendo sold Rare to MicroSoft, Perfect Dark Zero (A prequel to Perfect Dark) will be on Xbox 360.

Originally posted by Cameron@May 18 2005, 10:25 AM
    Oh man, I know that I&#39;m going to buy the Revolution. I mean, Perfect Dark (or Goldeneye, I PD better though) over Nintendo Hi-Wire? That&#39;s going to be amazing.
    FarSighting without the split screen will pwn.

is Keaton
    Backwards compatability all the way back to the SNES days convinces me to get the Revolution... That is just awesome to hear that their compatability will go back that far.

The design looks really boring, though, but then again, I don&#39;t expect a system to look pretty. As long as it plays well.

The Revolution gives old schoolers like myself a chance to relive the old days without having to dust off our old systems now... Or so it seems. Sounds great and that alone convinces me it&#39;ll be worth it... Or I hope.

The downloadable old-school games is definately one of plus&#39; of the Revolution in my opinion. No doubt they&#39;ll come with a price though, How much? is the question.

The Ultimate Victory
    I hope I will be able to trust Nintendo with their plan of online gaming if I do decide to buy a Revolution.

Downloading SNES games is tempting me to buy a Revolution over PS3.

Originally posted by Paul+May 18 2005, 02:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Paul @ May 18 2005, 02:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Casey@May 18 2005, 05:01 AM
    Stop confusing me goddamnit.
    Rare released the original Perfect Dark on the N64 back when they were owned by Nintendo. Since Nintendo sold Rare to MicroSoft, Perfect Dark Zero (A prequel to Perfect Dark) will be on Xbox 360. [/b][/quote]
    I know, I thought we were talking about Perfect Dark Zero for the 360 for some reason.

<_<

LPA Super VIP
    maybe they should call this SNES64.

Originally posted by LinkinJunior@May 18 2005, 03:49 PM
    Or the Super Cube Boy Advance 64.

LPA Super VIP
    Originally posted by Minus Xero+May 18 2005, 02:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Minus Xero @ May 18 2005, 02:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LinkinJunior@May 18 2005, 03:49 PM
    Or the Super Cube Boy Advance 64. [/b][/quote]
    i bet that would still sell.

No control, no surprise.
    Originally posted by LinkinJunior+May 18 2005, 10:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LinkinJunior @ May 18 2005, 10:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Minus Xero@May 18 2005, 02:03 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--LinkinJunior
    @May 18 2005, 03:49 PM

Or the Super Cube Boy Advance 64.
    i bet that would still sell. [/b][/quote]
    Depends.

It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. Theazninvasion68's Avatar
    snes64 advanced cube.

im looking forward to buy it because, of backward thing, other then that, id buy games to play with family,
    how many cotrollers is another question...

Sˇlin mun skÝna fyrir okkur
    grasi­ ver­ur grŠnna fyrir okkur
    blˇmin munu blˇmstra fyrir okkur
    og ßstin mun varaa­ eilÝfu..

Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C User Name's Avatar
    Originally posted by KŠton@May 18 2005, 01:05 PM
    Backwards compatability all the way back to the SNES days convinces me to get the Revolution... That is just awesome to hear that their compatability will go back that far.
    That&#39;ll only account for about 15 years worth of games. It&#39;s going all the way back to the NES days.

is Keaton
    Well I grew up mostly on the SNES series, so... That&#39;s why I only gave props up to SNES.

My parents gave away my old NES console, though, but yeah, I was more about the SNES than the NES growing up considering I was born around the start of SNES.

The Ultimate Victory
    I really do hope &#39;Geist&#39; makes it on the Revolution rather than the GameCube. The game has an awesome concept.

Extremely H! Vltg3
    That would be awesome if you could play like Perfect Dark multiplayer with wi-fi capabilities. I&#39;m pretty sure the question hasn&#39;t been asked that if the downloadable games have wi-fi compatitability but it would be sweet if it did. Just the whole concept of downloading older games is freaking great. I can now play all the great games I missed in the NES and SNES age.

Super Smash Bros. 3 online for the Revolution sounds freaking great. I&#39;d love to play any of you guys anytime.
    K.

Thread Information