Official Playstation Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Friskey™, May 15, 2005.

1. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Are you serious? [/b][/quote]
    Keep your pants on, hes talking about FFXI having more players than SOCOM.

2. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Keep your pants on, hes talking about FFXI having more players than SOCOM. [/b][/quote]
    That's why I said 'are you serious?'.

3. The Doctor

That's why I said 'are you serious?'. [/b][/quote]
    Well then yes, FFXI does have many players all over the world. Ive played it a few times and it is just gigantic when it comes to population.

4. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Eh, i'm sorry but FF doesn't do anything for me. I'll give it credit though for being a fucking beautiful game though.

5. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I've never played online on either console, so I'm not available for comment. :lol:

6. Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Well then yes, FFXI does have many players all over the world. Ive played it a few times and it is just gigantic when it comes to population. [/b][/quote]
    I bet the majority of those who play it, play it on the computer though. The only reason it would have more players is because of the computer folk who own the game. SOCOM is probably the most played PS2 game online.

7. The Doctor

I bet the majority of those who play it, play it on the computer though. The only reason it would have more players is because of the computer folk who own the game. SOCOM is probably the most played PS2 game online. [/b][/quote]
    Well that doesnt work because you cant cross the servers from the PC version and the PS2 version. Like if you know someone who plays the PC one and you play the PS2 version, you won't be able to see each others characters in the game. It sucks but hey, what can you do.

8. Aaron

Well that doesnt work because you cant cross the servers from the PC version and the PS2 version. Like if you know someone who plays the PC one and you play the PS2 version, you won't be able to see each others characters in the game. It sucks but hey, what can you do. [/b][/quote]
    Yes you can. The PS2 version and PC version are linked to the same server which is with Square-Enix.

The version that is comnig out for XBOX 360 will be supported by the same server.

If you can't find somebody, it's probably because the game is so massive.

9. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

10. LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

11. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

:mellow: Holy shit....

(w00t)

12. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

*twitches*

I knew the Blu-Ray would be amazing but...... Wow... Just... Wow... :mellow:

13. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I wonder what Sony's response is to this...

14. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Yeah, the 100 gig blueray disc is fucking amazing, but I read that it won't get finalized as a standard until 2007, so maybe for PS4 ;)

But Jesus, I remember when CD burners came out and the ability to burn 600 megabytes of data at 1x speed was fucking amazing, and in a few years, we'll be able to burn 100 gigabytes of data like its nothing.

I remember my first burner, cost like 400 bucks and was slow as shit. Back then, what I spent on a 50 pack of CD-Rs could now buy me 2 CD burners and 50 CD-Rs and still have money left over.

15. Cale.

Cale. Banned

Your link is to an article that was given to them by Microsoft, that has already been proven to be full of BS, to prove that the Xbox360 is more powerful.

I sense M$ is getting desperate.

16. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

im totally sold on the ps3. it looks fucking amazing and is just incredible.

if you are lucky enough to have 2 HD tvs then you can put them together and have a huge screen on which to play, or you can use your computer consol and have all of your game stats on one screen and the game on the tv screen.

its supposed to be 35x more powerful than the ps2

it will play: ps1 games, ps2 games, dvd, that new hddvd thing (posted earlier), cd,dvd audio, and some other audio thing i cant remember

up to 7 wireless controllers, and supposedly you can even use the console itself

its just all kinds of crazy-ness. i cant give you a scorce cuz i heard all of this off of my local morning show, but they are the biggest gammers ever. im sure most of its true. but im still totally sold. it looks fucking amazing.

viva la PS3!!

17. Cale.

Cale. Banned

18. Aaron

If Microsofts Specs weren't right the first time, why would they have published them.

Microsoft is bluffing and trying to bash Sony.

Sony shouldn't have released their specs, just shown the design of the system much like Nintendo. Then we would have realized Microsofts power on the XBOX 360. They are only doing this because they don't want to be ashamed of their next-gen console.

19. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Haha, the original poster of the thread is right. The fanboys are so stupid, you could tell them the Xbox 360 is mostly white with spots that are green and they'd argue

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Owned.