Apple 20gig Ipod or Creative Zen Touch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Creep, May 7, 2005.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which of these two players I should get.

Apple 20GB iPod M9282LL/A vs Creative Zen Touch 20GB - Compared

Overall the Ipod is superior as it has so many more features and supports more audio formats. What attracted me the most was that it can play .txt files which would be good on the move.

Which would you get/have? What cons have you noticed?

Any help would be much appreciated. ^_^

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd get the iPod. For one, it's smaller, yet has more features on it. It wins hands down. ^_^

Cale.

Cale. Banned

iPod batteries suck and they are less reliable.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

The only thing I can see that makes the iPod crappy is the battery life, but theres tons of accessories you can get now.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Battery is the only problem. And I highly doubt you are going to use it for 12 hours straight without throwing it on the charger at one point in time.

The Creative is clearly outnumber in terms of functionality and design. The iPod is far more easier to use. Plus it has hundreds of accesories for it.

Get the Apple iPod for god sake, you'd be blowing away money on the Creative.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I have the new 20GB Ipod and there's no problem with battery. It's worth every penny.

Of course, there's about 12 hours per charge cycle, and about 500 charge cycles in the battery. Do the math and see how long it will last for you. Mine still got about 3 or 4 more years of use.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Someone stole my old 15gig, and now I'm saving for a 20 or more.

Mostly because I know I already have 15 gigs of music, and yeah.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Even if your battery does die, there is a much cheaper way to get a new one than having to pay $100 + for a brand new lithium ion battery for your iPod.

You simply jsut buy a brand spanking new warranty for about $60. $40 cheaper and you get more out of it too.

Neven misjudge an Apple iPod because people say the battery can not be replaced, does not last very long, or you have to pay $100 plus. It is all a load of shit.

Most of the time, we don't take into consideration the settings we use on any of our MP3 players.

If you turn the volume up loud on any system, it will drain the battery faster. If you use equalizers as well that drains battery life. Blacklights, accidently leaving it on, blah blah blah. The list goes on.

The iPods battery life is very good so don't bother listening to what the majority of Apple bashers say.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Complete bullshit.

The iPod batteries are just as good as any other lithium ion battery. LiOn batteries have limited charge cycles, whether the battery is in the iPod, the Zen, your cell phone or anything else. Its the same reason your car battery goes dead after a few years...its not that the battery is drained (Well it would be if you left the ignition in ACC for a long time, but thats another topic), as long as your engine is running, the battery gets charged, but after so many charge cycles, it can't hold a charge anymore and dies. So don't claim that the iPod batteries suck unless you want to say the Zen's battery sucks just as much.

Besides, chances are, when the battery does crap out, it will be years later and you'll want to upgrade MP3 players anyways.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Ya theres nothing wrong with the ipods but personally i would prefer the Creative.

WalmartvsKmart

WalmartvsKmart Extremely H! Vltg3

IPod theres more features like musiz quiz and games plus its alot better

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Complete bullshit.

The iPod batteries are just as good as any other lithium ion battery. LiOn batteries have limited charge cycles, whether the battery is in the iPod, the Zen, your cell phone or anything else. Its the same reason your car battery goes dead after a few years...its not that the battery is drained (Well it would be if you left the ignition in ACC for a long time, but thats another topic), as long as your engine is running, the battery gets charged, but after so many charge cycles, it can't hold a charge anymore and dies. So don't claim that the iPod batteries suck unless you want to say the Zen's battery sucks just as much.

Besides, chances are, when the battery does crap out, it will be years later and you'll want to upgrade MP3 players anyways. [/b][/quote]
    well after having a total of 5 different iPods in the palm of my hand and them all having some technical problem I am inclined to give Apple shit after the shit they put me through.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your comments, they do help :)

What went wrong with your Ipods Skywalker? :eek:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I would. I would have it playing like, anytime I'm not sleeping. :lol:

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Hard Disk Error, Hard Disk Error, Headphone Port broke, LCD Malfunction, Hard Disk error.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

Wow, that really sucks. How long did each of them last? Couple of my friends have Ipods and they havent had any problems yet.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Hard Disk Error, Hard Disk Error, Headphone Port broke, LCD Malfunction, Hard Disk error. [/b][/quote]
    My brother was having shitty luck with his iPod mini, he's on his 4th (Battery failure, hard disk failure, headphone jack messed up) but they were all replaced under warranty so it wasn't a huge deal (In fact, it was a reason for me to take him to the Apple Store so I could play around with dual 30" display setups *drool*)

[Fool]

[Fool] Banned

i have a ipod and would swear by it, i agree the battery life can vary a hell of alot, and that you tend to be more attractive to chavs but hey.......

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

There is no excuse for abuse.

And anyways, it's not like you need a good reason to go play with those set-ups, the set-ups are reasons in themselves.

I lost my first, I'm getting my second whenever I have the money to.