Apple 20gig Ipod or Creative Zen Touch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Creep, May 7, 2005.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Meh, it was more like an excuse to drive to a busy mall on a nice Saturday afternoon and spend 30 minutes (literally) driving around trying to find any parking space even if it is really far away from the mall entrance.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I'd get the Zen Touch. I'll never have enough songs to fill up an iPod, so why bother paying more?

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

For $100 dollars more, you get 4000 more songs.

That's what I tell everybody who even bothers to give thought to another MP3 player. And so far, it's worked on everybody.

A little extra space never hurts anybody, and besides, that extra space you have you cna sue for storing data, that's what I do.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

This was the same dilemma I just had. And i ended up going with the Archos gmini400. Its pretty much the same price as the apple 20gig ipod but ahs an lcd screen for movies and pictures. The unit cost about 30 bucks more. Btu I mean the new 20 gig ipods are suposed to be really good. But I'd check out all your options first.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

For $100 dollars more, you get 4000 more songs.

That's what I tell everybody who even bothers to give thought to another MP3 player. And so far, it's worked on everybody.

A little extra space never hurts anybody, and besides, that extra space you have you cna sue for storing data, that's what I do. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly.

I get so mad at my friends who are like "I'll never use that much space anyways!"

That's what I thought when I got my 15gig.

It's more for your money. It's just a better deal.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I used to think that iPods were a waste of money because I'd barely brake the 5GB barrier, never mind 20GB. But just recently I proved myself wrong...my library is 10GB+ now. :lol:

I'd go for the Apple.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of your posts. Well the majority of you are all for the Ipod as am I, so I have decided on the Ipod. Now all I need to do is find the cheapest place to buy one ^_^

Does anyone know how long the U2 Limited Edition Ipods will be around? I think it's a bit unfair on the price difference of the U2 version compared to the standard.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Unless youre going to buy a used one (which is a dumb idea) then prices are the same everywhere for an iPod. They're standard prices set by Apple. The only cheaper ones you may find are by a couple dollars (which you'll pay with shipping anyways)

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

I would get a 30 gig zen because, IMO, it gives the most value per dollar. $20 dollars more than a 20gb zen (I think), and a lot cheap than an iPod the last time I checked. Of course, for me, if it can play music, then it's good.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

i hope you mean 30gig Zen Touch because the 30 gig Zen Jukebox will break if you so much as sneeze on it.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

I wasn't even aware that 30gig Zen Touch was in existance. I wouldn't trust the jukebox. Nobody has one :p

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I've had two iPods and they've both given me crap. Listed below were my problems

1. Technical support: You get one free call and every other call is 50 BUCKS! 50 bucks for a fuckin phone call! Bullshit!

2. The iPod would pause itself. Yup, even with the good ol hold switch down, the iPod kept stopping by itself.

3. I don't like the fact that when songs fade into each other, like Meteora, the iPod takes a second to load each song. Not a big deal but it aggrevates me.

4. Be careful when you rip songs into iTunes. When I ripped all my songs into it, for example, Papercut was titled "01-Papercut." Although it didn't appear this way on the iPod, it seriously messed up my music collection later.

Don't get me wrong. The iPod is an excellent player, but because of the problems, I junked it and got a Creative Zen Touch.
    The software on the Zen Touch is a pain in the ass but the player is awesome. I like the separate volume buttons and vertical touchpad (you get used to it just like the clickwheel and you can adjust the sensitivity.)

Oh yeah...the Zen Touch with the same amount of space is about 60 dollars less.
    Meh...I guess I like to support the underdog as well.

For these reasons, I would strongly recommend the Creative Zen Touch.