Flash help

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by D_A_V_I_D, Apr 24, 2005.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

I'm using flash and a bit confused in creating a timeline effect. When i create one it doesnt create the 30 or so frames for the effect to happen in and when i try to add a frame it says that it wont be able to edit the effect. i can still create the effect with clicking ok to this but when i convert it to gif it doesnt show up????

What am i missing.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Timeline 'effect'?

You mean a motion tween?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Care to ellaborate?

Also, I wouldn't recommend Flash for making .gifs.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

ok what i am trying to do is there is a backround picture (my only picture) and i want to make it fade, so i should be able to right click. go timeline effects, transition and then choose my settings. i am under the impresion this should create the certain number of frames that i allowed for the action to happen in. but it doesnt creat anything.

also i'm not trying to make gifs specifically. but i was just wondering what sort of formats can i use for my sig????

Kæton

What are you using? Flash MX 2004?

As far as I'm concerned, there are no such things in Flash, but I work with Flash MX, not 2004, so I'm not sure on what you're talking about.

Have you consulted the help guide that comes with the program?

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

yes i have consulted the help guide. that is why im asking here. and i am using flash mx 2004. if you are unfamilliur with this than can u at least tell me how to make an image fade out. Plz.

Also what formats can i use to create an animated sig. ????. thanks

Kæton

Use actionscript/motion tween.

Have the tween fade out via opacity or tint.

You can convert using .gif, but unless they fixed it in MX 2004, .gif quality is horrible with Flash.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

yer i noticed, lol. How did you make yours???

and i have just started so how do i ajust the opacity???

EDIT. Finally figured it out. It was dectecting my image as a movie clip insted of a grafic. lol. thanks for your help.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

You should have just made an animated .gif :lol:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Exactly.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

with what??????

What should i use to create gif animations?????

And do i have to use gif.

Kæton sia image isn't gif. at least i'm pretty sure it's not. so can i use other formats, if so how.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

First off, I'm guessing English isn't your first language (if it isn't that's ok, but it if is, damn, speak correctly).

Secondly, Keaton's sig is a full-out animation. What I believe you were requesting was image fading. That can be done simply with Adobe's ImageReady program.

You can use gif or swf, it doesn't matter, but ImageReady might be a good stepping stone to using Flash...

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

LOL. English is my first lanuage but i wrote that post in a rush. anyway now that the fading problem is sorted out I have made an animation but i can't seem to get it to show as swf and the gif file is way to big, (8mg, poor dial up users). Anyway i will have a look at Imageready (lol, just as i was understanding flash). Thanks for your help.

EDIT: imageready seems to be for mac only :( . oh well. i've got enough programs to do what i want. By the way. could someone tell me how to get a swf animation in my sig. i try but i just get some writting saying "user poseted image"???? Do i have to host it somewhere special?????. thanks all for your help.

Kæton

It's a special code that can be used on Invision.

However, for loading reasons, the less known about it, the better. In no way am I being greedy, but from the start, I've been warned about the amount of loading time a sig could take and slow down a page's loading time since it would have to load the signature.

Anyways, ImageReady (which I'm sure is compatable with any system) can do similar things.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

so it's a secret eyyy. ok that kool. then may i ask one thing to keaton.
    What format is your animation and it says that swf is an allowable format for a avator yet it does not work when i try?????. Anyway thanks for all your help. and if you have a link to imageready please post it. in the mean time i'll try to find it.

Kæton

You link the .swf.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

Does imageready come with photoshop??? because i'm not having much luck finding it.

in the meantime i got a flash gif avator up (WOW look at the quality :p ) But it says it should support .swf files yet it doesnt seem to????

Thanks for everyones help.