Possible Unprinted Keith Haring Original Found..

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Apr 23, 2005.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireSt...Story?id=695160

This is something that's been going on between my father and his cousin. Please give opinions, HONEST unbiased opinions on this matter. You're not going to get banned if you go against me so dont worry about it.

I just want to know, who do you support Kermit or Ed Oswald?

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Not sure, but that moron has that 'rare' piece of art sitting in the gravel scratching the shit out of it!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You're going to have problems authenticating it if it isn't signed. Did Haring sign his other works?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That moron is my dad! :lol:

And there is a long story about that picture that you're not going to know. Hahahahah.

And Mark, about 70% of Keith Haring's works were unsigned. He wasn't really into making too much of a big deal about his artwork.

So luckily, the signature has nothing to do with it.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Wow, your family got media coverage, Derek! Go Oswalds! :lol:

On a more serious note, I don't know what to think. I would think no matter how much or little Haring signed his work, authentication is going to be hard to determine, so I honestly don't know what to think. I think authentication or some type of acknowledgement from someone who actually saw this painting be done or has documented proof of it will be able to determine whether it is real or fake. Other than that, it'll be a he-says-she-says, or in this case, he-says-he-says case because until there is proof that one word is in fact more closer to the truth than the other, both will have almost equal probabilities of being the truth.

But yeah, your dad is handling that piece of work so roughly, or so it seems in that picture, Derek! :lol: