Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This was posted in another board that i go toand i find it interesting, so i thought i'd share it with you guys. Man i love the killers

Originally posted by Dublo7
    Ok, I have been listening to this album non stop now for about 5 days. Its fantastic.
    I've been listening carefully and it seems obvious to me that this album is about a serial killer.
    -------------------------
    Jenny was a friend of mine - At the start we hear a chopper, and sounds like a distorted police siren. The song is obviously about him killing a girl named Jenny. He is also being interogated by the cops. It seems as if he killed her on a walk on the beach (which will make more sense later)

Mr Brightside - "I'm coming outta my cage and I've been doing just fine" Could this cage be prison? He is talking about jealousy, which seems to be one of the main reasons he killed Jenny in the first place.

All these things I've done - "The gold hearted boy I used to be" Meh nothing that special in this, but he is of course talking about the bad things he has done.

On Top - To me this seems like he is in a club, on the dance floor. He has spotted a girl he likes, and he feels like he is On Top. There is also the line "Get your eyes of my bride tonight". He seems to have already made her his property, and is jealous again.

Believe me Natalie - Ok this is one of the main songs that I felt portrayed the serial killer interpretation well. He is with a new girl called Natalie. "Forget what they said in Soho" I think Soho is the name of a club, or a town, im not totally sure about this. But it seems as if someone has mentioned to Natalie about his past, and he is trying to dismiss it. "You left the station, now to the floor with speculation" Natalie is speculating and thinking about if what she heard is true.

Midnight Show - Here we go. He kills Natalie (or some other girl.) "She turned her face to speak, but no-one heard her cry. Drive faster boy, drive faster boy" "I got a blanket in the backseat of my mind". It seems as if the girl is tied up in the backseat covered with a blanket. And he is driving fast to get to the beach. "The crashing tide can hide a guilty girl, with jealous hearts that starts with starts with blossom curls" he has killed her on the beach, he has dumped her into the ocean. "I took my babies breath beneath the chandelier of stars and atmosphere" He killed her late at night, hence the name 'Midnight Show' "And watch her disappear" Seems as if she is sinking, or being dragged out by the current.

Everything will be alright - Sounds like a rather tragic song at first. Telling himself that everything will be alright. Then a minute or so into the song it seems to become more upbeat. Maybe because he is a serial killer he doesnt feel remorse for what he has done. He has turned into Mr Brightside again.

-----------------

Of course this is just my own interpretation. Tell me what you think.
    I know it seems like i got alot of time on my hands, but I just quickly typed this shit down in about 10 minutes. Its pretty interesting.
    There are a few songs I left out, coz I'm not totally sure if they contribute anything.

The Killers are pretty good, and tons of labels are signing new-age synth-rock bands like them. I heard they were beefing with the Bravery.

What about 'Somebody Told Me'? I guess that could fit in in your guess.

Extremely H! Vltg3
    Yeah the Killers are a good band

Official Ghost of the LPA
    Hmmm...Interesting.

Or is it? :chemist:
    I joined LPA at age 11. I'm now the Official Ghost of LPA - just so you know.

\m/
    Whoa.

Prince of Persia.
    Those are pretty solid points..could be true though.

Los Angeles (currently), Honolulu (hometown)
    lol literally the killers, i like the idea. i thought their stuff was meaningless crap before this, but then again i never really payed any attention, mostly because i don't care for their retro sound.

I've really disliked all the "The" bands up to this point until The Killers came out. They have a certain sound about them that makes them better than most of the other retro sounding bands. Cool article with some good points.

Over analysing at it's best. >D

Originally posted by omnislasher_VII@Apr 23 2005, 01:00 PM
    Over analysing at it's best. >D
    Or worst.

Y2K
    Originally posted by Dean+Apr 23 2005, 08:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dean @ Apr 23 2005, 08:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--omnislasher_VII@Apr 23 2005, 01:00 PM
    Over analysing at it&#39;s best. >D
    Or worst. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t see how it would be over analyzing at it&#39;s worst, if he what he said is plausible...

Anyways, I don&#39;t like The Killers, atleast not from the song Mr. Brightside that I head...but that is some interesting stuff.

Even their name is the "The Killers".

The Ultimate Victory
    Originally posted by Omar A@Apr 23 2005, 05:23 PM
    Beat me to it.

*burst out laughing*

*Spills her coffee on the floor*

That&#39;s the greatest thing I&#39;ve seen in the past 24 hours.

The "Killers" talking about murder. This is great. Now, If only we could get a music video to clear thing up.
    The World Can Never Break You Just As Long As Your Spirit Is Free.
    .soundcloud.twitter.facebook.

Love is Blind. Which Makes Love Genderless. Let Love Live.

No control, no surprise.
    His viewpoint is understandable, but I doubt that Hot Fuss would be about serial killing.

And I knew someone would say that sooner or later.

They only got that name from a previous band long ago. It was in one of their interviews. It has nothing to do with them wanting to be serial killers.

Originally posted by GiriosXeni@Apr 23 2005, 12:58 PM
    His viewpoint is understandable, but I doubt that Hot Fuss would be about serial killing.

And I knew someone would say that sooner or later.

They only got that name from a previous band long ago. It was in one of their interviews. It has nothing to do with them wanting to be serial killers.
    No one said they wanted to be serial killers

Yeah, it&#39;s just a semi-concept album.

That was an interesting interpretation. I like The Killers a lot, but now I feel disturbed. Is this why the members of the band are all so quiet and shy?

Vote for "What I've Done"

Extremely H! Vltg3
    They are not that shy

Birmingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    That&#39;s a pretty cool idea

As a side question, is there 2 different tracklists for Hot Fuss? On my version it&#39;s got Indie Rock And Roll as track 8 but I&#39;ve heard that there&#39;s a different song as track 8. Is it like, a Europe thing or what?
    silence your critics

Thread Information