Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VATICAN CITY Apr 1, 2005 — Pope John Paul II suffered heart failure and is in "very grave" condition, the Vatican said Friday, but it said he was lucid and spent the morning celebrating Mass and receiving top aides, asking one to read him the biblical account of Christ's crucifixion and burial.

Spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls choked up with tears as he told reporters about the pope's worsening condition. He said the 84-year-old pontiff had been "informed of the gravity of his situation" and decided to remain in his apartment overlooking St. Peter's Square, where thousands of pilgrims gathered to pray for him.

John Paul participated in Mass and received some top aides Friday morning, Navarro-Valls said.

"The pope is still lucid, fully conscious and extraordinarily serene," Navarro-Valls said. He said the pope had unstable blood pressure and remained in "very grave" condition.

Among the top church officials who gathered at his bedside was Archbishop Paolo Sardi, the Vatican vice chamberlain who runs the Holy See between the death of a pope and the election of a new one.

Thousands stood vigil on the square outside, many tearfully gazing up at his third-floor window, and millions more around the world paused to pray for him.

In Wadowice, Poland, people left school and work early and headed to church to pray for their native son.

"I want him to hold on, but it is all in God's hands now," said 64-year-old Elzbieta Galuszko at the church where the pope was baptized in Wadowice, southern Poland. "We can only pray for him so he can pull through these difficult moments."

In the Philippines, tears streamed down the face of Linda Nicol as she and her husband asked God to grant John Paul "a longer life." Muslims in France were praying for the pontiff because he was a "man of peace," said Dalil Boubakeur, president of the French Council of the Muslim Faith.

Navarro-Valls said John Paul asked aides to read him the biblical passage describing the final stage of the Way of the Cross, the path that Christ took to his crucifixion. In that stage, according to the Bible, Christ's body was taken down from the cross, wrapped in a linen shroud and placed in his tomb.
    Formerly known as Rohan and Tout Le Monde.

Lets face it- this has been coming for weeks.

HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Evan™'s Avatar
    to bad...we always saw this coming anyway....hell...we r gettign a new one rite?
    The E in Evan stands for Epic

I R PART OF TEAM ANIME!

LPA Addict
    Originally posted by Linkin_EvangelionNG@Apr 1 2005, 05:08 PM
    to bad...we always saw this coming anyway....hell...we r gettign a new one rite?
    Thats right.

Just a couple hours said the doctors. Im not happy or something, even though im not Christian. Anyone who IS happy about it.. thats lame

Formerly known as Chris.

maybe its some bad april fools joke?

LPA Addict
    Originally posted by HybridMinoda@Apr 1 2005, 08:33 PM
    maybe its some bad april fools joke?
    That would be sooooooooo bad But i dont think so. He was getting worser.

Where's God to save him now?
    Neil's Vintage Sig Collection. Item 2 'Hahn Signature'

Banned
    He'll come out fine and just start laughing at the world and be like "YOU JUST GOT PUNK'D"

About To Blow Chunks LornVourkolakas's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rohan@Apr 1 2005, 02:46 PM
    VATICAN CITY Apr 1, 2005 — Pope John Paul II suffered heart failure and is in "very grave" condition, the Vatican said Friday, but it said he was lucid and spent the morning celebrating Mass and receiving top aides, asking one to read him the biblical account of Christ's crucifixion and burial.

Spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls choked up with tears as he told reporters about the pope's worsening condition. He said the 84-year-old pontiff had been "informed of the gravity of his situation" and decided to remain in his apartment overlooking St. Peter's Square, where thousands of pilgrims gathered to pray for him.

John Paul participated in Mass and received some top aides Friday morning, Navarro-Valls said.

"The pope is still lucid, fully conscious and extraordinarily serene," Navarro-Valls said. He said the pope had unstable blood pressure and remained in "very grave" condition.

Among the top church officials who gathered at his bedside was Archbishop Paolo Sardi, the Vatican vice chamberlain who runs the Holy See between the death of a pope and the election of a new one.

Thousands stood vigil on the square outside, many tearfully gazing up at his third-floor window, and millions more around the world paused to pray for him.

In Wadowice, Poland, people left school and work early and headed to church to pray for their native son.

"I want him to hold on, but it is all in God's hands now," said 64-year-old Elzbieta Galuszko at the church where the pope was baptized in Wadowice, southern Poland. "We can only pray for him so he can pull through these difficult moments."

In the Philippines, tears streamed down the face of Linda Nicol as she and her husband asked God to grant John Paul "a longer life." Muslims in France were praying for the pontiff because he was a "man of peace," said Dalil Boubakeur, president of the French Council of the Muslim Faith.

Navarro-Valls said John Paul asked aides to read him the biblical passage describing the final stage of the Way of the Cross, the path that Christ took to his crucifixion. In that stage, according to the Bible, Christ's body was taken down from the cross, wrapped in a linen shroud and placed in his tomb.
    It's God's will for him to die so I don't see why people would pray for him to live longer.

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    "Grave"
    Ahahhaa.

Seriously though, he's gonna die by the end of the week.

I was listening on the radio and the DJ was like "Wouldn't it be funny if tomorrow the Pope comes out and says APRIL FOOLS!"

He's on the news now. They said something along the lines of "He is, in fact, on the verge of death.. no hope of recovery.."

You'd think a Pope would be blessed by God or whatever and live long.

My grandpa's about his age, and he's fine.

HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Evan™'s Avatar
    Originally posted by strangelo0m+Apr 2 2005, 03:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (strangelo0m @ Apr 2 2005, 03:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--strangelo0m@Apr 2 2005, 12:11 AM
    The pope died, according to some people on the news.
    I am sorry about what I said earlier, some people were just april fooling around. [/b][/quote]
    lol......bad joke...ahem....sarcastic

Originally posted by omnislasher_VII@Apr 2 2005, 03:01 AM
    You&#39;d think a Pope would be blessed by God or whatever and live long.

My grandpa&#39;s about his age, and he&#39;s fine.
    Everyone has their time. This just so happens to be his.

Banned
    Originally posted by Chris+Apr 1 2005, 06:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chris @ Apr 1 2005, 06:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Linkin_EvangelionNG@Apr 1 2005, 05:08 PM
    Thats right.

Just a couple hours said the doctors. Im not happy or something, even though im not Christian. Anyone who IS happy about it.. thats lame [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, there is going to be a Pope John Paul III.

Even though I am an atheist, I&#39;m really saddened. And it&#39;s been odd that so many people have been dying recently. Famous and well-known people, too&#33; Terri Schiavo (not exactly famous, but was always mentioned), Mitch Hedberg (very funny comedian), and now the Pope, who should be dying very soon. My cousin was killed in a car accident recently. And same with one of my next door neighbors, who I knew very well.

But, yes, this is the Pope&#39;s time. We all knew it was going to happen. He&#39;s very old, and apparently, he cannot live for much longer. I&#39;m watching CNN right now and they&#39;re going to update on the Pope&#39;s condition shortly.

I respect the Pope greatly, and hopefully, he will die peacefully.

Ntr/Mssion
    Very sad,but I saw this coming from the time he got sick.

It's the gin talking >>>>>
    this just in.. hes dead..

Official Ghost of the LPA
    The Pope has officially been pronounced dead.

RIP
    I joined LPA at age 11. I'm now the Official Ghost of LPA - just so you know.

Does your house have stairs?
    RIP Pope.

Very Sad.
    Whoop's I OD'd.

Formerly known as nofx_punk.

Thread Information