Football (Soccer)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by FreeYourMind, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I tihkn Arsenal should sign Andy Johnson from Crystal Palace,hes a great scorer (2nd top scorer in the premiership last season,Henry came first B) ) and it would be nice to get some English players in.Arsenal could also get Dean Astone,hes a great uprising talent.

2. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Andy Johnson? With him Arsenal would be able to form their own Olympic diving team. :lol: Joking. Seriously though, I think only 9 of his goals last year were from open play... he would benefit from playing with Pires and Henry, though. But if you want someone who would be better for partnering Henry then Dean Ashton would be better.

3. Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

Arsenal should just go buy a better keeper.....even Seaman was better then Lehmman

4. Luke

?

Lehmann started off shit but now he's valued as the premierships 2nd best keeper.

5. Dean

You must mean after Niemi and Kiraly went down with Southampton and Palace.

6. Luke

You must mean after Niemi and Kiraly went down with Southampton and Palace. [/b][/quote]
    They're decent keepers but lets face it,if they were THAT good they wouldn't have gotten relegated.

7. Evan™

They're decent keepers but lets face it,if they were THAT good they wouldn't have gotten relegated. [/b][/quote]
    you cant always blame the keeper for making a team go down......but Lehmman is still quite dodgy.....

8. Luke

you cant always blame the keeper for making a team go down......but Lehmman is still quite dodgy..... [/b][/quote]
    My point was that if they were as good as Dean said they wouldn't have conceeded as many goals.

Lehmann isn't dodgey,Wenger said if he did anymore dodgey behavior he's release him.

9. Dean

They're decent keepers but lets face it,if they were THAT good they wouldn't have gotten relegated. [/b][/quote]
    Well, Niemi was pretty much the best goalkeeper in the division until Chech came along, hence Arsenal's interest in him after Seaman left (I know, it was a while ago) and Celtic, Middlesborough and most of the Premiership wanting to sign him now.

10. Luke

Well, Niemi was pretty much the best goalkeeper in the division until Chech came along, hence Arsenal's interest in him after Seaman left (I know, it was a while ago) and Celtic, Middlesborough and most of the Premiership wanting to sign him now. [/b][/quote]
    I like this new strike force of Man City,Vassel and Cole upfront should be interesting.Fowlers gotten crap in his old age :lol:

11. Dean

Darius Vassell = Public Enemy No1. He was turd for Villa... he's probably one of the fastest players in the division (other than Henry and maybe Bellamy) when he can be bothered, he won a few penalties for us in his time here, but what else? He got his act together in the six months before Euro '04 so he would get into the England squad - other when he's playing for his country that was the only time he's shown any ability. Then, when City showed interest he supposedly wanted to stay at Villa, what with him being a diehard fan who would die for his club/him being paid £20,000 a week to do nothing - whichever you prefer.
    But then David O'Leary decided to get rid of him, and now Vassell gets a 50% wage increase he decides to suck up to his new club. Apparently he was "waiting for a big club all along". Fuck off, arsehole. Villa are way bigger than Manchester City. The only way someone in, say, Antarctica, would say they'd heard of them is if they mistook them for United. The only reason I even showed a slight desire for you to stay in the past two years was because you were supposedly a fan. If your new club carries on the way they are, signing has-been strikers with the same non-existent 'work rate' as yourself, they'll be playing their derbys in Sheffield next year.

Ahem.

12. Luke

Tottenham have captured one of my favorite players,Edgar Davids.The thing that pisses me off is that Arsenal could have signed him just like that :angry:

13. Dean

Yep, he would have been a worthy replacement for Viera.

14. Luke

Yep, he would have been a worthy replacement for Viera. [/b][/quote]
    No,Vieira is the one and only,you simply cannot replace him which is why most Arsenal fans were extremely upset when he left.I almost cried :lol:

He was the heart and soul of Arsenal,who knows,maybe next season he'll decide to come back :lol:

15. Dean

No,Vieira is the one and only,you simply cannot replace him which is why most Arsenal fans were extremely upset when he left.I almost cried :lol:

He was the heart and soul of Arsenal,who knows,maybe next season he'll decide to come back :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I cried when Vassell left Villa... £2m for an England international? Oh well, as long as we get Baros I won't be too bothered.

16. Luke

I cried when Vassell left Villa... £2m for an England international? Oh well, as long as we get Baros I won't be too bothered. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah 2m for Vassel was a bump but...fucking hell...Arsnenal got £13.75m for Vieira,that pissed me off the most considering his value is at least £35m...at least.

That fucking Baptista,why didn't he just get an English passport instead :lol:

EDIT: Arsenal beat Ajax B)

17. Evan™

who have West Ham, Sunderland and Wigan signed that may actually be an impact?...i havent heard much of their transfer activities.....

18. Luke

West Ham signed Roy Carrol...that'll badly impact them :lol:

Just kidding,Carrol has his good days.

19. Dean

West Ham have signed Roy Carroll and some Israel midfielder who's meant to be good. Sunderland have Nayron Nosworthy, Jon Stead, Tommy Miller and Kelvin Davies. Wigan have signed Stephane Henchoz, Mike Pollit, and a French defender called Pascal Cimbonda.

The ones that I've actually heard of before (all of them except for the Israeli and the Frenchman) are at least decent.

20. Evan™

West Ham have signed Roy Carroll and some Israel midfielder who's meant to be good. Sunderland have Nayron Nosworthy, Jon Stead, Tommy Miller and Kelvin Davies. Wigan have signed Stephane Henchoz, Mike Pollit, and a French defender called Pascal Cimbonda.

The ones that I've actually heard of before (all of them except for the Israeli and the Frenchman) are at least decent. [/b][/quote]
    i got a feeling that all three of them are going down next season......