Baked Bush

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Feb 21, 2005.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=7682264

Discuss.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I really don't care if the President smoked pot.

Seriously. Why should I care?

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

OH GOD WHAT POLITICIAN HASN'T?

[​IMG]

GUILTY

[​IMG]

GUILTY

[​IMG]

GUILTY

[​IMG]

GUILTY

[​IMG]

GUILTY

[​IMG]

GUILTY

[​IMG]

SO FUCKING GUILTY

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Agreed.

I think that most people, at least in the US, have at some point smoked pot. To attack a politician for doing something like that as a kid is silly.

...there are much more interesting and recent things to get pissed at politicians for.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

But its not anyone. Its the president for christ sakes. A role model (god, saying that makes me want to puke) for some kids out there.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, parents are role models too, and I'm willing to bet they've done some things in their past they regret.

I can see why it's a big deal (because he's in the highest position in the United States), but I guess I can over-look that and say that he was just a kid/teenager. How the fuck was he to know he'd grow up to be a role model for people?

Whimsicality

Well then it was responsible of him to not want to come out with the fact that he did it.

Would you want to be judged when you were in your 50s for something you had done 30 years before?

Also Todd, unless I've gotten you mixed up in my mind with someone else, aren't you for legalizing pot? If I got in wrong, I apologize, that drug thread was awhile ago.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

why does it matter i mean honestly. why must the press dig up every small deatail from the past. do we really need to know. NO....now if he was STILL doing pot...i think we ought to know but in this case it doesnt matter.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

My parents admitted that they used to smoke pot. They are much bigger role models than the damn president to me. Do I give a shit? No. Will I smoke pot? Probably not, but if I try it, it will not be because my parents or the president did it.

lofton0788

lofton0788 Well-Known Member

why does it matter????

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

The fact that he smoked pot I couldn't care less about. The fact that he lied/lies about it constantly is what bothers me. Also he acts as if is actions/words are those of God, while in the meantime he performs/performed actions that are considered immoral while refusing to acknowledge them.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I agree. Even though smoking pot and lying about it is worse than admitting it, smoking pot is illegal and lying isn't.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

i agree w/ that.

im also pissed off that Clinton gets flamed for better behavior than Bush for way worse behavior.

and if everyone (i use the word everyone loosely) has already smoked it, and our country's leader smoked it, why shouldnt it be leagal. alcohol is WAY worse than pot. grrrrr......Bush has been a freaking alcoholic and driven drunk and almost killed ppl. grrr.... he makes me so mad

anyway, he, vry unfortunatly, is our leader (if you wanna call him that) and should be our country's role modle ( :x ) and should NOT be taking part or have taken part in illeaglal activiteis.

you may ask "why does it matter?" it matters because if it doesnt matter for him then it shouldnt matter for us. it matters cuz it is a double standard. it matters cuz he was too cowardice to answer the damn question. at least Gore was honest.

Whimsicality

i agree w/ that.

im also pissed off that Clinton gets flamed for better behavior than Bush for way worse behavior.

and if everyone (i use the word everyone loosely) has already smoked it, and our country's leader smokes it, why shouldnt it be leagal. alcohol is WAY worse than pot. grrrrr......

anyway, he, vry unfortunatly, is our leader (if you wanna call him that) and should be our country's role modle ( :x ) and should NOT be taking part or have taken part in illeaglal activiteis.

you may ask "why does it matter?" it matters because if it doesnt matter for him then it shouldnt matter for us. it matters cuz it is a double standard. [/b][/quote]
    I think the point that's generally trying to be made is that while everyone would be quite pissed if Bush smoked now, no one really cares what kind of shit he messed with as a teenager.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

George Bush was a kid too. Not like he knew he was going to be the president.

Besides, who cares about a president who may have smoked weed once. I think I'm fully capable of capacitating formal thoughts, and I've done it about 20 times.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

yeah really. if you knew you were going to be president (or some other authoritative figure) you would not have done/ do half the shit that you might do now as a teenager. so it shouldnt matter what he DID in the past....the past should be left alone some times, and not dug up to make a big deal over nothing.

but going along with what Shade said...Bush should not have lied about it, he should have just admitted it and moved on.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

Seeing that I go to school where most everyone tries it at least once, I really don't care. People make mistakes, the past is the past, get on with what's important now.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I think some of you guys (*cough*Todd*cough*) try to make Bush look like a horrible person for the dumbest things. The guy tried pot, boo-fucking-whoo. Cry me a river.

:)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Who's Tood? ;) :lol:

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

My new nickname for Todd. HI TOOD!

:lol: