'Hybrid Theory' Certified Diamond!

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow, let's give a round of applause for Mr. Know It All.

Here's a suggestion sir, if you don't mind me saying so, and that's to back up your claims with proof. You just spouted off at the mouth as if you were some esteemed expert on the RIAA, and you gave absolutely no links or articles to prove your unfounded claims.

For your information our stats are based on radio airplay, because thats how Billboard does their statistics.

So try pushing your 'know-it-all' attitude to the side for a second and actually prove half the things you said, because right now you're simply laughable.

Not to mention this was a horrible idea for a first post, you're already on my bad side and you haven't even been here for two posts. I'd suggest learning some respect and wising up around here (i.e. giving proof for all you say) before thinking you know every little thing about RIAA and the billboard charts.

Eric.

Eric. Member

Wow, let's give a round of applause for Mr. Know It All.

Here's a suggestion sir, if you don't mind me saying so, and that's to back up your claims with proof. You just spouted off at the mouth as if you were some esteemed expert on the RIAA, and you gave absolutely no links or articles to prove your unfounded claims.

For your information our stats are based on radio airplay, because thats how Billboard does their statistics.

So try pushing your 'know-it-all' attitude to the side for a second and actually prove half the things you said, because right now you're simply laughable.

Not to mention this was a horrible idea for a first post, you're already on my bad side and you haven't even been here for two posts. I'd suggest learning some respect and wising up around here (i.e. giving proof for all you say) before thinking you know every little thing about RIAA and the billboard charts. [/b][/quote]
    HAHAHAHAHA!!

Since when did LPA care about actually proving things?

--I am curious, did you post that on LP.com as "Vinizzle" or did you just enjoy copy/pasting without giving credit?

http://forums.linkinpark.com/showthread.php?t=307933

I am also curious how old you are, it's quite amusing that you would talk the way you do.

Alright now, I'll begin.

The hot 100 singles chart--
    "The most popular singles and tracks, according to radio audience impressions measured by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems, sales data compiled by Nielsen SoundScan, and playlists from select non-monitored radio stations."
    http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hot100.jsp

Audience impression IS NOT how many times it's played, how many stations played it, etc. Audience impression is based on how many people the song is reaching. Here's a comparison:

Pretend KIIS-FM Los Angeles played LP's "Numb" 2 times in one week. then pretend my local station played LP's "Breaking The Habit" 2 times in that same week. Numb would be placed higher on the chart because even though they were played the same amount of times, the market that KIIS-FM is reaching is larger than our local market, and so the audience impression for it would be larger. Understand?

Now then, the certifications will come next, because it is 3:35 AM, that will be quite some explaining, however, I'll leave this for you to chew on tonight..

"We are often asked why we don’t just use sales figures from SoundScan. SoundScan measures over-the-counter sales at music retail locations, while the RIAA®'s certification levels are based on unit shipments (minus returns) from manufacturers to a wide range of accounts, including non-retail record clubs, mail order houses, specialty stores, units shipped for Internet fulfillment or direct marketing sales, such as TV-advertised albums. The other difference is that SoundScan's archive is only a few years old, while the RIAA® has tracked artists' sales levels for more than 40 years."

http://www.riaa.com/gp/certification/default.asp

I'd also like to say real quick, that it's bad that a LP fan board is like, "Not to mention this was a horrible idea for a first post, you're already on my bad side and you haven't even been here for two posts." because even though you own this board, it should be free to LP fans, and not a dictatorship, because that's sure what it sounds like. I love LP, probably more-so than you, however once I came and told you you're presenting things wrong, suddenly you want to ban me. You didn't use the word ban yet, but you sure hinted towards it.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Since when did LPA care about actually proving things?

--I am curious, did you post that on LP.com as "Vinizzle" or did you just enjoy copy/pasting without giving credit?

http://forums.linkinpark.com/showthread.php?t=307933

I am also curious how old you are, it's quite amusing that you would talk the way you do.

Alright now, I'll begin.

The hot 100 singles chart--
    "The most popular singles and tracks, according to radio audience impressions measured by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems, sales data compiled by Nielsen SoundScan, and playlists from select non-monitored radio stations."
    http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/hot100.jsp

Audience impression IS NOT how many times it's played, how many stations played it, etc. Audience impression is based on how many people the song is reaching. Here's a comparison:

Pretend KIIS-FM Los Angeles played LP's "Numb" 2 times in one week. then pretend my local station played LP's "Breaking The Habit" 2 times in that same week. Numb would be placed higher on the chart because even though they were played the same amount of times, the market that KIIS-FM is reaching is larger than our local market, and so the audience impression for it would be larger. Understand?

Now then, the certifications will come next, because it is 3:35 AM, that will be quite some explaining, however, I'll leave this for you to chew on tonight..

"We are often asked why we don’t just use sales figures from SoundScan. SoundScan measures over-the-counter sales at music retail locations, while the RIAA®'s certification levels are based on unit shipments (minus returns) from manufacturers to a wide range of accounts, including non-retail record clubs, mail order houses, specialty stores, units shipped for Internet fulfillment or direct marketing sales, such as TV-advertised albums. The other difference is that SoundScan's archive is only a few years old, while the RIAA® has tracked artists' sales levels for more than 40 years."

http://www.riaa.com/gp/certification/default.asp

I'd also like to say real quick, that it's bad that a LP fan board is like, "Not to mention this was a horrible idea for a first post, you're already on my bad side and you haven't even been here for two posts." because even though you own this board, it should be free to LP fans, and not a dictatorship, because that's sure what it sounds like. I love LP, probably more-so than you, however once I came and told you you're presenting things wrong, suddenly you want to ban me. You didn't use the word ban yet, but you sure hinted towards it. [/b][/quote]
    Dude the best thing to do is to just be quiet because if your on the bad side of one of the LPA team (administrators,Mods etc.) then your on the bad side of most of the LPA so just chill out and try to get on the good side or atleast in the mediocre side :lol:

That's simply awesome news though,what an acomplishment,on a debut album LP have managed to sell more copies then some bands can in an entire lifetime.Congrats LP!!!

P.S welcome back Will

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

lol sounds like iam too late to say well done LP! i'll say it anyways! well done LP!

LP4ever

LP4ever Well-Known Member

don't worry, i;m much much later than you... CONGRATS LP!

matttheskwirl14

matttheskwirl14 Well-Known Member

congrads LP

lnkn_drgn_prk

lnkn_drgn_prk Well-Known Member

That's Great News! (w00t) *Does Mike's "Happy Dance" from the CC DVD*

Congrats [​IMG]

peripeteia

peripeteia Ambient

WOW!!! certified DIAMOND!!

congrats LP!!

big bad fan

big bad fan Well-Known Member

when i first saw it on billboard,i thought they made a mistake! i couldn't believe in my eyes! congrats to lp and all the fans in the u.s. who made it happen!

_Shifter_

_Shifter_ Well-Known Member

Simply unbelieable! Congrats to the band. I never thought this would be true. Wow!*thumbsup*

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Wow, that's pretty good.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Thus why I said "units shipped" in my news post, and said "certified diamond", as you just confirmed.

I've been posting Billboard stats for two years, and gold/platinum certifications as well. I, like you, know the right information.

Now if others misinterpreted it wrong, then it'd be their fault. But I made it clear in my news post that it was units shipped.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Thanks. :)

Eric.

Eric. Member

Thus why I said "units shipped" in my news post, and said "certified diamond", as you just confirmed.

I've been posting Billboard stats for two years, and gold/platinum certifications as well. I, like you, know the right information.

Now if others misinterpreted it wrong, then it'd be their fault. But I made it clear in my news post that it was units shipped.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Thanks. :) [/b][/quote]
    "signifying sales in excess of ten million units in the United States."

Doesn't quite look that way to me.

Eric.

Eric. Member

ROFFLE WAFFLE!!

You edited it...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It was copy/pasted fresh off the LP.com boards, and that said, "Linkin Park have hit a milestone accomplishment in their careers, a certification of Diamond by the RIAA, signifying sales in excess of ten million units in the United States. This is an incredible accomplishment, and it only took the band just over fifty months to do! To put this into perspective, they've beat the Beatles' greatest hits album, '1', to the diamond status, and that album came out only two weeks after 'Hybrid Theory'! A huge congratulations to the band!"

I'm really not that dumb...I noticed it now says "signifying numbers in excess of ten million units shipped in the United States."

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Well, yes. I did update that. But you also might want to notice how I said "units" in the first post. It was merely a grammattical omission on my account.

"Sales in excess of ten million units" could've been changed to "sales in excess of ten million units to retailers in the US", yet i changed it to "numbers in excess of ten million units shipped in the United States".

Let's not be so quick to jump. Thanks for alerting me to how I had made that mistake.

And don't double-post.

gongbenzhi

gongbenzhi Well-Known Member

Congrats LP!

XxLP_predictable_LPxX

XxLP_predictable_LPxX New Member

That's great!!! Congrats LP :D Sorry for saying this pretty late. :blush:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Regardless of whether we made a mistake or not, your really arrogant attitude didn't help the situation at all :).

kotrunks

kotrunks Well-Known Member

Sweet--Lp rules!!! :)

Black_Roses

Black_Roses Well-Known Member

linkin park are gods

screams around the house

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.