The ""Truth"" about Marilyn Manson

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mechanical Christ, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

The ""Truth"" about MM

As told by a christian, so boys and girls, don't take it to heart, especially the fans.

I don't know if there is any truth to it. I don't think so. There ARE some parts which are true, especially the case about the whole rubbing thing.

Personally, it doesn't affect the fact that I do enjoy his music, but it might affect some other fans out there =/ I dunno if he really is a Anti-Christ. Everything stated and the photos in that article might be just stage antics for shock purposes only. :wth:

(Sorry if I offended anyone posting this, and if it's in the wrong forum.)

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I was going to take the time to read this but I scrolled to the bottom and noticed they blame Manson for the Columbine incident. That's all people want to do when bad things happen -- find someone to blame. I say blame the parents if you really want to. The article reeks of bullshit.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Exactly and in the end they found out the peolpe hated Marylin Manson!

Mechanical Christ

I agree. The incident had absolutely nothing to do with him. At all. It was those children who chose to interpret his music the way THEY wanted to. :wth: And Manson didn't take the gun (or whatever they used to kill the other people) and put it into their hands and say "Go kill them" right?

And, Vampire, it comes from a Christian reverend, what else would you expect but bullshit? :lol:

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I thought it might be a break away from the typical "Let's blame Manson for all bad things" article. I was definitely wrong.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Ofcourse they blame Marylin Manson instead of looking into the childrens' lives and checking if something was wrong with their, parents, health, bullying at school...NO Marylin Manson is way easier.
    I bet anything they had horrible/ignoring parents.

But the article does make me want to throw my copy away even if I'm not Christian...telling people to commit suicide! Something must be wrong with the guy.

Blaming music is just a really poor excuse.

They blamed LP for something like this which is absurd because the parents don't know how much it helps us and how much we depend on it. Not how much we want to kill ourselves.
    I can admit I wanted to once but I know it's wrong now because of my own judgement.

Mechanical Christ

NO DON'T THROW IT AWAY GIVE IT TO MEEEE!!!!

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

This may be slightly off topic, but how could they blame MM for the Columbine shootings? If the kids got their hands on guns, that's the fault of the goddamn parents, and the parents should be responsible.

On a side note, that site is designed and layed out really badly.

These religious bullshitters need to realize that Brian Warner is nothing but a form of entertainment, and poses no real threat to anyone. This is another example of why I hate religion so much.

It's funny because Roald Dahl wrote children's books like 'The BFG' and 'James and the Giant Peach'

^^That's good. How does that make him evil?

Hmm, I hardly think that Trent would do that, and his live backup band wouldn't do that either. That's a rumor. Ask Casey, he would know more if it involved NiN

That's a caption from a music video or something. Antichrist superstar was a song or album or something.

What the hell does Trent have to do Manson's actions? Once again, this biased prick is fighting with empty points. If that's true, doesn't that mean that every one of psycho's teachers are to blame for their actions? All Trent did was school Manson in music, not this blasphemy crap.

This one is off topic from what I'm ranting about, but he's original and that's how he sells to the public. Look how successful he is. He's only doing what people want to pay to see and hear. Otherwise I'll bet he wouldn't do it.

This site is incredibly biased, and is completely appalling. Hell, I don't even like Marilyn Manson all that much, but still, that site was bullshit. Goddamn Christians....

Mechanical Christ

You're right :wth: Didn't notice it

And also, not that I am on the side of the moron who wrote that, but sometimes it seems like a little more than just "entertainment"....just wondering. Preaching about Satanity, telling them to kill their parents, ripping up a bible, etc... It seems a bit too extreme. But I think it might be just some things for shock purposes only. Like SlipKnot. (If you're 555 then I'm 666, the nonagram/nine-sided pentagram)

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

:lol: :lol: That has to be the funniest thing ive read all week!

How can he be blamed for a shooting? I mean what the hell!?

It's like me saying to someone..Oh I'm gunna shoot you, and I'm gunna blame Marilyn Manson, and you'll ask me why? and i'll say, because hes to blame for everything bad..Its just pathetic

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

It was later discovered that they both hated Marilyn Manson

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Exactly and the site said that while they were shooting they screamed " We love you Marylin Manson" not true!

75% of a Christian school had a copy of his album...awsome :D

I was joking it's MINE hehe :rasberry:

The whole article was biased c*** blame the parents all the way! (Maybe not fully but they have ALOT to do with it.)

Mechanical Christ

Agreed.

Also, look what he says here. These are the parts that particularly annoyed me:

Hello? Might I remind you that if those two boys had a MIND OF THEIR OWN, which I'm sure they did, they wouldn't have been so-called "influenced" by the music, unless Manson has used some sort of brainwashing device in his CDs.

Could have just been from 9/11 right?

Dude, get a life.

I don't think it'd work. Seriously. You think a group of mindfucked Christians are going to stop Manson from selling records?

This bit pisses me off. WE CHOOSE TO LISTEN TO IT. OK?

Dear me. Kurt must be tossing in his place in Hell now.

So what? Joey Jordison used to be in a band called Anal Blast.

Yeah, but the fact remains that we CHOOSE to listen to him.

I know that if my mother did that to me, even though she has every right to do this according to God's Word I'd still tell her to fuck off and just take her money and get a new one. But my mom lets me listen to whatever I want, so yeah.

Have you ever heard of this phrase, FOR FUN?

Man, people like that should be shot along with those lip-synchers.

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

It was later discovered that they both hated Marilyn Manson [/b][/quote]
    Ah

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

UndeadMaster put it very well " We chose to listen to it"

We have a mind and don't go killing people...yet people who don't listen to his music like Bush, Saddam, Osama, Sharon are bloody murderers explain that to me.

I gained some respect for MM now *shudders* scarrry!

But why all the Goddamn Christians what did they do? Some hate MM others don't.

Whatever your religion is extremists are horrible!

peripeteia

peripeteia Ambient

Even though I'm not exactly a fan of MM, i have to say that this is incredibly stupid. reminds me of the time where people were saying that Harry Potter = Devil and even organise book buring sessions! WTF..

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

And morons like this guy are the reason I hate religion so much, the world would be a better place without extremists like this asshole.

btw, I happen to like MM's music and am also anti-gun/pro-gun control. Looks like I disprove his point :rolleyes:

ccitb

ccitb Well-Known Member

wtf! I mean, hello! You can't blame one single person for something like Columbine... that's so stupid. I'm wondering how anyone can even think about that :hmm:
    I mean, yeah, he's a reverent. BUT:

I think that even reverents should accept criticism and it's f++ked up that he doesn't even want to receive negative mails.
    That is totally naive. hopefully they receive lot of negative mails so they see what they wrote is f++ked up... :shifty:

Leeuwnie

Leeuwnie Well-Known Member

This is so stupid!!

I really don't think he said that. When he heared of the Columbine massacre he cancelled a concert in respect.

I just think that guy who wrote it is completely insane! And the stuff Marilyn Manson says (or what he says according to this guy).. I really don't take it that seriously.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Yet what this asshat fails to mention is that the NRA held a pro-gun rally right near Columbine after the shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.