Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Nov 13, 2004.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah. I didn't know where to put this, so...

*watches as everyone says they're looking forward to it*

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I don't see the point of this, even coming from an avid Moore fan.

Bush is in office for the next four years. No matter what. He can't do anything about it. There is no other election in which Bush can win.

LigerZeroShneider

LigerZeroShneider Well-Known Member

Couldn't he be impeached or something? I'm not really sure. It's been awhile since I've read some poltical stuff. I might be 12, but I do alot of reading on things here and there.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Maybe he wants people to vote against Dick Cheney when/if he runs for president. Or maybe to vote for Ralph Nader when/if he runs in 2008.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I don't think even Michael Moore could get Ralph Nader more than 10% of the vote now.

Besides, I'll be voting Jello Biafra in 2008 if he decides to run, and the Independent party doesn't endorse Nader instead like in 2000. :rolleyes:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I'll watch it with an objective mind, but since Moore shelved his criticism for the Dem's, I've lost some respect for him.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I'll definately watch this movie.

Mark

Not exactly. His beliefs that Democrats (voters and politicians alike) can't get the job done have been totally re-affirmed. It's not so much that he's pro-democrat, he's anti-Bush/republican. And who's the man who had the biggest chance to win the election against Bush? Kerry, who happens to be a democrat. Just like he's pro-Independant, but anti-Nader. He, like many independants, just wish there's still a third party to keep heat on the Dems/Reps. He just shifted his attention to getting rid of a careless president because of his total lack of remaining respect for Nader.

It's confusing, I know. :lol:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I think Moore should endorse Jello Biafra in 2008.

Totally.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

The only person I would enjoy rubbing Bush's victory in his Mr. Moore himself. What is his deal with bashing our country in every "documentary" he makes? I never say this to anyone but he should really consider moving to, oh, maybe Iceland? I know how imperfect this country is and we've made many wrong decisions, but I don't appreciate consecutive movies about it which make it seem worse than it is. The fat man needs to be silenced. I've heard of several movies that question F911's reality, such as FarenHYPE 9/11 and that Celsius one. Bah, I'm just rambling now. I don't like Mr. Moore.

Mark

Hah. You should be happy he's exposing the numerous wrongdoings of your government and the problems with your country because if no one questioned the norm and tried to make things better, your country would continue to get worse and worse. Michael Moore does this because he loves his country, despite you republicans painting him as unpatriotic for asking questions and exposing flaws about your country, and is trying to make the country a better place. Bowling For Columbine gave light to the gun issue you have, Fahrenheit 9/11 pointed out how corrupt your government is. These are problems that need rectifying, and he's out there trying to make a difference.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Hah. You should be happy he's exposing the numerous wrongdoings of your government and the problems with your country because if no one questioned the norm and tried to make things better, your country would continue to get worse and worse. Michael Moore does this because he loves his country, despite you republicans painting him as unpatriotic for asking questions and exposing flaws about your country, and is trying to make the country a better place. Bowling For Columbine gave light to the gun issue you have, Fahrenheit 9/11 pointed out how corrupt your government is. These are problems that need rectifying, and he's out there trying to make a difference. [/b][/quote]
    Happy? Does anyone watch his films afterwards and feel happy? I hope not. Sure, he's trying to show how bad this country is but I've read reports on his crafty "cut and paste and the right moment" tactics that bend some of the"facts" to his liking. I just don't like his films.

Mark

Happy? Does anyone watch his films afterwards and feel happy? I hope not. Sure, he's trying to show how bad this country is but I've read reports on his crafty "cut and paste and the right moment" tactics that bend some of the"facts" to his liking. I just don't like his films. [/b][/quote]
    Have you seen his films? Because if you haven't, you shouldn't believe all the biased republican bullshit going around. All the facts in F9/11 were backed up by the 9/11 commission report. You should watch the films and come up with your own conclusions instead of listening to the ones of others, if you haven't.

And the phrase "you should be happy" means "you should be appreciate/relieved". Don't take everything so literal.

x3r09

x3r09 Well-Known Member

vampire...you are amazing (w00t) ... and as far as films go...

watch farenhype 9/11

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Have you seen his films? Because if you haven't, you shouldn't believe all the biased republican bullshit going around. All the facts in F9/11 were backed up by the 9/11 commission report. You should watch the films and come up with your own conclusions instead of listening to the ones of others, if you haven't.

And the phrase "you should be happy" means "you should be appreciate/relieved". Don't take everything so literal. [/b][/quote]
    I have watched his films, Mark, so maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge. I don't appreciate a lof of the stuff on his films because he makes it more of a bigger deal than it should be. If it takes some Joe Schmo to make people wake up and try to get informed on politics, don't bother voting, I say.

Mark

I have watched his films, Mark, so maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge. I don't appreciate a lof of the stuff on his films because he makes it more of a bigger deal than it should be. If it takes some Joe Schmo to make people wake up and try to get informed on politics, don't bother voting, I say. [/b][/quote]
    Notice how I said "If you haven't". Start reading the full things before insinuating asinine things and making yourself look like a hypocrite. ;)

So I guess you're against the message that gun control needs to be re-evaluated in the US?

Michael Moore is real. He's in your face, and some people don't like that. He gets proven facts out there. People say he copies and pastes certain things to get his own way, but they don't understand what he's trying to do.

For example, in "Bowling For Columbine", Moore was talking about the NRA coming to Columbine a month after the Columbine shootings. He mentioned Charlton Heston and showed a clip of him saying "from my cold dead hands" from a conference that happened before the Columbine shootings. Many people said Moore tried to shwo that Heston said those cold words at his Columbine conference, but in fact he was just showing footage of Charlton Heston so people could picture who he was and what he did. It was a symbolic thing, not to be taken literally by hard-assed "must-find-something-wrong-because-I-hate-Moore" moviegoers.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

1) Does it help you type a response by insulting me first? Does the winking emoticon make you feel any more powerful?

2) On that topic, correct.

3) Exactly. I'm one of those who doesn't like that and I'd appreciate it if you didn't come at me so aggressive beacause I look at him differently than you do.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

1) Does it help you type a response by insulting me first? Does the winking emoticon make you feel any more powerful?

3) Exactly. I'm one of those who doesn't like that and I'd appreciate it if you didn't come at me so aggressive beacause I look at him differently than you do.[/b][/quote]
    Yes...its always better to just remain ignorant about what's going on in the country. We can't let people like Moore go and actually SAY facts about the country... that's just not allowed (SEE: Patriot Act). I have an idea, if you're so concerned about having people "get in your face", I think you should be the one to move to Iceland. Then you won't have these annoying people who give a damn about the country harrassing you all the time right?

Just a thought.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

3) Exactly. I'm one of those who doesn't like that and I'd appreciate it if you didn't come at me so aggressive beacause I look at him differently than you do. [/b][/quote]
    He wasn't insulting you, merely warning to read the full text of something before jumping to any conclusions. ;)

And I don't know about Mark, but the winking smiley sure makes me feel more powerful! </end sarcasm>

Waaaaaaiiiiiit...Mark's being aggressive? Hardly. I think he's being pretty nice about this one, dude. Maybe you should take a few deep breaths and think some happy thoughts.

Mark

3) Exactly. I'm one of those who doesn't like that and I'd appreciate it if you didn't come at me so aggressive beacause I look at him differently than you do. [/b][/quote]
    As a matter of fact, it does. But it's not the actual usage of the smilie that makes me feel good, it's the fact that someone actually prompted me to do so. You were the one who made yourself look ridiculous, I just pointed it out. ;)

As for gun control, once someone you love (or maybe even yourself!) gets shot, you'll be re-evaluating what you just said. I don't know if you're a crazy-gun nut. The thing is, America abuses guns WAY too much. For example, you have ten times the population of Canada, yet you have one hundred times more shootings. And don't give me crap about Canada not being a gun-loving country, because Canadians are notoriously fond of hunting, it's just that we have the common sense and proper regulations set in place so that we don't gun down a guy because he hit your car, or fired you from a job. Much of America is too trigger-happy and not educated enough in the areas of anger management and proper decision making.

I'll restate what Shade said and say that maybe you're the one who should leave because you don't like the fact that some fat guy asks questions and prompts inquisitions into the moral inefficiencies of your country. America, apparently, is supposed to be all about freedom of speech, but yet you are all too quick to throw out your demands of silence and censorship because you disagree with a man.

And lastly, I'm not going to tone down my opinion because somebody can't take a debate.