Fahrenheit 9/11 1/2

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Nov 13, 2004.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

As a matter of fact, it does. But it's not the actual usage of the smilie that makes me feel good, it's the fact that someone actually prompted me to do so. You were the one who made yourself look ridiculous, I just pointed it out. ;)

As for gun control, once someone you love (or maybe even yourself!) gets shot, you'll be re-evaluating what you just said. I don't know if you're a crazy-gun nut. The thing is, America abuses guns WAY too much. For example, you have ten times the population of Canada, yet you have one hundred times more shootings. And don't give me crap about Canada not being a gun-loving country, because Canadians are notoriously fond of hunting, it's just that we have the common sense and proper regulations set in place so that we don't gun down a guy because he hit your car, or fired you from a job. Much of America is too trigger-happy and not educated enough in the areas of anger management and proper decision making.

I'll restate what Shade said and say that maybe you're the one who should leave because you don't like the fact that some fat guy asks questions and prompts inquisitions into the moral inefficiencies of your country. America, apparently, is supposed to be all about freedom of speech, but yet you are all too quick to throw out your demands of silence and censorship because you disagree with a man.

And lastly, I'm not going to tone down my opinion because somebody can't take a debate. [/b][/quote]
    Mark, I'm not saying Michaeal Moore should be silenced forever. Sorry if thats the message you got. I meant to say he should quit being so hostile, like "shh shh, relax buddy." Americans are easily influenced and when he comes out and rips our govnerment apart, people will follow without investigating his documentaries first. And who's talking about making each other look ridiculous? Must you insult me in every post? I'm happy Mr. Moore is doing what he's doing, I just don't like it. Can't I not like something? Just like I don't like black jellybeans. I just feel like he's instilling so much anger into people's minds about this country that it's almost absurd. Yes, facts are facts, but I think he's making it look worse than it really is. You are way too aggressive, Mark. The only reason your buddies are backing you up is because they're your buddies. I'm not being hostile here, I'm just stating my opinion in a calm way. It'd be nice if you could do the same but I guess the winking emoticon and that attitude of yours goes hand and hand.

To the part where you said I would change my mind if someone I knew/loved was shot to death -- wrong. Unlike typical bitchy people, I don't blame the government when something bad happens. My friend in Iraq died -- do I suddenly oppose the war? Absolutely not. My good friend volunteered to be in Afghanistan for 15 months -- do I suddenly oppose that war? No way. I think I'm rambling now. I await your response.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I think, Moore should have made it more clear that it would be hard for John Kerry to make the same decisions that Bush has.

Way too many people have pointed out the facts that Moore has for you to jump on only him.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but your only saying that because he proved you wrong. You said as much as he did. This is a debate. No one's going to be "We'll, I'm sorry to prove you wrong and you are a very intelligient man (I'm honored to be able to prove you wrong on a certain topic), but..."

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Please, humor me, and show me how he proved me wrong on my opinion?
    That's like saying, "my favorite color is black!" and I say "Well, you're wrong because 51% of Americans like white."

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

And on the flip side, many Americans would jump off a bridge if the right wing media told them to.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

How did he not prove you wrong?

You went from "a fat man who needs to be silenced" to "I just don't like what he is saying."

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

but..but..but..

Michael Moore is fat.

:shifty:

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I corrected what I meant to say in my last post to Mark about the "fat man needs to be silenced." You still haven't proved how he's made me wrong with my own opinion -- and you're not going to, so I advise quit while you're ahead. How can someone say my opinion is wrong? How ridiculous does that sound?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I corrected what I meant to say in my last post to Mark about the "fat man needs to be silenced." You still haven't proved how he's made me wrong with my own opinion -- and you're not going to, so I advise quit while you're ahead. How can someone say my opinion is wrong? How ridiculous does that sound? [/b][/quote]
    You're very arrogant and big-headed. That's very annoying. Notice how almost no one here likes you? Yeah, make some connections, stop acting like you're better than everyone here, and get a clue. You don't tell people to "quit while they're ahead" here. That is a very, very bad idea. I don't care who the hell you think you are. Knock off your big-headed attitude, or leave. It's as simple as that.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

You're very arrogant and big-headed. That's very annoying. Notice how almost no one here likes you? Yeah, make some connections, stop acting like you're better than everyone here, and get a clue. You don't tell people to "quit while they're ahead" here. That is a very, very bad idea. I don't care who the hell you think you are. Knock off your big-headed attitude, or leave. It's as simple as that. [/b][/quote]
    So you counter my "big-headed" attitude with rudeness, Will? Your buddy Mark was the one getting hostile with me with his "making yourself look ridiculous" and sarcastic emoticons. Notice how no one likes me here? That's a logical reason to get out of a debate? No, it isn't. I won't back down even when people try to push me out with pathetic reasons.

Will

So you think you can sign up and take over, eh? Because that's the way it looks. We'll see how long you last. You're not doing a very good job so far. You're the only one who thinks he's being rude and attacking you, because you're the one who was proven wrong. Therefore any point you bring up is null, void, wrong, doesn't matter. You lose.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

That's some attitude. I would expect more from someone who "helps" run this messageboard. You're basically going to try and get me off these boards as much as possible because my opinion isn't like your friend's.

Will

That's some attitude. I would expect more from someone who "helps" run this messageboard. You're basically going to try and get me off these boards as much as possible because my opinion isn't like your friend's. [/b][/quote]
    Not really. I didn't even read the arguments, just that you're getting all upset because he proved you wrong, so you're changing everything you said. Half the people here don't agree with what the other half says. But since you're apparently in that whole "I'm right because I said so" state of mind, you don't see that.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Mark, I'm not saying Michaeal Moore should be silenced forever. Sorry if thats the message you got. I meant to say he should quit being so hostile, like "shh shh, relax buddy." Americans are easily influenced and when he comes out and rips our govnerment apart, people will follow without investigating his documentaries first. And who's talking about making each other look ridiculous? Must you insult me in every post? I'm happy Mr. Moore is doing what he's doing, I just don't like it. Can't I not like something? Just like I don't like black jellybeans. I just feel like he's instilling so much anger into people's minds about this country that it's almost absurd. Yes, facts are facts, but I think he's making it look worse than it really is. You are way too aggressive, Mark. The only reason your buddies are backing you up is because they're your buddies. I'm not being hostile here, I'm just stating my opinion in a calm way. It'd be nice if you could do the same but I guess the winking emoticon and that attitude of yours goes hand and hand.

To the part where you said I would change my mind if someone I knew/loved was shot to death -- wrong. Unlike typical bitchy people, I don't blame the government when something bad happens. My friend in Iraq died -- do I suddenly oppose the war? Absolutely not. My good friend volunteered to be in Afghanistan for 15 months -- do I suddenly oppose that war? No way. I think I'm rambling now. I await your response. [/b][/quote]
    I would think my "buddies" are backing me up because I'm the one with the most valid point, and they agree with it.

You're wrong about him influencing America with his movies, as sad as it is. The Bush-Gore election was closer than the Bush-Kerry election, even with such a film.

As for Michael Moore relaxing a little, that's asinine. How else will he get his point across? Do you seriously think if he calls someone like a republican congressmen about a movie that paints him and his party as bad people, they're going to oblige and allow themselves to be asked unconfortable questions? Of course not. The one way to get answers from these people is unsuspected ambush. It couldn't happen any other way.

I'm not insulting, I'm pointing out the obvious. If you feel you're too sensitive to take some criticism in a debate for your expressions, then you are not ready for debating.

People are allowed to be angry about something they feel strongly about. If he did everything half-assed, Amerca's reaction would be half-assed, and his point wouldn't get put across right. People wouldn't act upon it to the degree that they did.

I'm stating my opinion in a calm way too. It's like I can't disagree with you without you getting offended that I don't agree. Notice I'm not using curse words, prolonged use of the caps lock, or exclamation marks. That is calm.

So here's a hypothetical situation; you have a son in twenty years who's fourteen. He goes into school one day and gets shot and killed by a classmate with an assault weapon who found it at his fathers house. So your son dies and you wouldn't be outraged? You'd be a very heartless person if you weren't.

I guess it feels real gratifying to have a friend die in a war that didn't need to and shouldn't of happened. He died for a pointless war. Wait, it wasn't pointless, he died for oil.

I am not hostile, you're are too easily offended. ;)

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Not really. I didn't even read the arguments, just that you're getting all upset because he proved you wrong, so you're changing everything you said. Half the people here don't agree with what the other half says. But since you're apparently in that whole "I'm right because I said so" state of mind, you don't see that. [/b][/quote]
    I'm in the "I'm right because I said so," Mr. "Any point you bring up is null, boid, wrong, doesn't matter. You lose?" I beg to differ. Of course you didn't read either argument you're just going to side with Mark because he's staff.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I've come to find that Will often agrees with me on matters when other staff don't.

I think if you made a valid point, he'd take your side.

Will

See? Right there is where your arrogance comes from. I am not siding with him because he's staff or because he's my friend. I'm tired of people who always say shit like that about us.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm in the "I'm right because I said so," Mr. "Any point you bring up is null, boid, wrong, doesn't matter. You lose?" I beg to differ. Of course you didn't read either argument you're just going to side with Mark because he's staff. [/b][/quote]
    Ahhh, you proved his notion that you're a "know-it-all". Staff members often disagree on certain subjects. Your asinine assumptions that we back each other over our own beliefs is uninformed and ridiculous. You're desperately grasping for any way out and there is no valid way.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

1) I'd be outraged at the father for not storing the weapon in a proper place. The same thing could have happend if the child took some medicine that he thought was candy, brought it to school, shared with my hypothetical son, and they both die of an overdose. Gun control laws are fine. It's the parents who need to be responsible and keep them in safe places and teach their kids not to play with them.

2) You think I'm gratified because my friend died in this war? That's the most absurd thing you've said in this debate. The reason I brought that up was to say that I'm for the war no matter what happens to the people I love because I think both wars are for good reasons: a threat to our nation.

3) I am but you have to admit you're pretty aggressive and your boy Will just irrelevantly adds to the heat in our argument.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Do you know any other words other big words than asinine, Mark? I'm not desperate. I just don't appreciate Will's irrelevant remarks.

Will

Do you know any other words other big words than asinine, Mark? I'm not desperate. I just don't appreciate Will's irrelevant remarks. [/b][/quote]
    WOW.

Did you even read the rules before you signed up? Don't double-post!

And nothing I said was irrelevant since you're going crazy about some little words he said that accurately described your "opinion". So looks like you lose again.