Request Sits Down With Chester

Discussion in 'News' started by Will, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

This article appears in the latest issue of "Request" magazine:

IN THE STUDIO: LINKIN PARK
    Request chats with lead singer Chester Bennington

After selling more than 6 million copies of its debut, Hybrid Theory, the complex sextet Linkin Park isn't ready to depart from its winning ways. "Same studio, same equipment, same bobbleheads," assures Chester Bennington, relaxing at home after a December mixing session.
    Still, there is a great mystery about a Linkin Park follow-up than is found with most bands. The group's numerous radio hits showed an unpredictable range of styles, and its remix album, Reanimation, showcased rapper and second vocalist Mike Shinoda's experimental openness (and the twisted ideas of two-dozen guest artists). While the remix departure provided a nice summer break from recording, Bennington sees the next studio album, due March 25 as a reintroduction to the core band's unique fusion. "On the first album, once we eventually found the formula, the songs came one right after the other. This time, I think we found a way to do some things we've always wanted to do: a pure hip-hop track, a pure electronically driven track with no guitars...things I don't think we could have pulled off for Hybrid Theory."

Jhhead08

Jhhead08 Active Member

Thats CRAZY... he said no guitars!!! So what did Brad do... nothing??? :eek:

Birger

Birger Well-Known Member

I think he meant that they have made one pure hip-hop track, not that the entire album was non-guitar. That would suck :p

Jhhead08

Jhhead08 Active Member

ok good.... i was getting scared :chaz:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

hey man, sorry to change your avatar, but you were direct linking it off our site. can i suggest saving the avatar to your computer and uploading it to an account such as the ones you can get at boomspeed.com? it was eating our bandwidth.

i feel flattered you're using that because i made it, haha. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.