War on Iraq

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by 1200techniques, Nov 4, 2004.

?

Do you think the war in Iraq was a good decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    1200techniques

1200techniques Well-Known Member

I am anti war of course
    I'm curious to know what ppl think

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

It seems we have this poll/question ever 2 weeks now.

Unforgiver

Unforgiver jogo bonito.

I voted "no".
    Bush thought that Saddam had massive destruction weapons and he had some kinda links with Al-Qaeda, but there is no evidence. Maybe Bush was too nervous about what happened in 9/11/2001 and to prevent other terrorist attacks he had to anticipate Saddam's moves. But no one found true evidence about that.
    But also the fact that Saddam was hiding from U.S. with guns and a lot of cash in his hands when he was found by U.S., tells that he was scared of something, something that he did, and if Saddam knew he was innocent, he shouldn't have hide from U.S.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

More like every two hours. Sigh.

By the way, you're missing the "Unsure/Mixed Feelings" selection in your poll.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Good god not another one. Besides I think I can speak safely for the debating crowd on the Kerry side that we're all too pissed off to debate right now.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

The media is convincing us of everything. Of course troops are going to be killed during a war, it's just that the media is posting literally every American death over in Iraq. I used to be anti-war, but now I might be leaning slightly towards it. We have to realize that it isn't about oil this time, it's about bringing justice to Iraq. [run on sentence]People could argue that Iraqis hate America's guts, hate our principles and politics, and want us out, but us fighting this war will ensure more deeply that we don't have some lunatic like Saddam killing thousands of people. [/run-on sentence]
    People easily rant and complain about the president's mistakes. Are we sure that Bush didn't know there were WMDs? Do you have proof? If you do, then you've convinced me.

One thing that I hate Bush for though is not getting Osama. We need him dead. He is threatening our country to the point that all people can do is fear and wait. Many people have already gotten used to the fact of "o, just another threat." Well, one of these threats could be real and that's why we need him dead.

Am i for the war? I dunno...

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Bringing justice to Iraq?

Bull. Shit.

America has a history of not doing any "good" for anyone's benefit except themselves, and this situation's no different. Take a look at Sudan, who's genocidal death toll is above 75,000, and other African countries who have 'corrupt' governments of NO governments at all. We're looking the other way. Why? Simple; we don't benefit from "liberating" them. Fighting this war will only fuel hatred and terrorism. You're right, we don't have some lunatic like Saddam killing thousands of people any more. We've got Bush to take care of that for him.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's time for the War on Iraq scoreboard!

American soldiers killed by Iraqis: 1100+
    Iraq civilians killed by coalition troops: 100,000+

America wins!

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

:lol:

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Extremly well said but all of you forget something most americans belive Iraq has weapons of mass destruction so that is y they are pro Bush.Btw Iraq can't afford cherry bombs (which Bush senior gave them for free) how can they afford weapons of mass destruction??
    Goes to show it's only for the oil. He acctually hurt more americans than saving them!

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

That's right, Saddam Hussein teleported the weapons of mass destruction out of Iraq and onto the moon.

:rolleyes:

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

There were no weapons in the first place, he can't afford it.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Anyone that still believes Iraq has WMDs and voted for bush because of that needs to be hung by their genetalia and beaten to death with a twig. Numerous reports have come out showing that there are no effin WMDs in Iraq and that bush lied to us.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

LMFAO.

That's like saying the USSR never disbanded. :lol:

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Oh, he spent it all on the teleportation and astro-physics technology.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

A twig? How about a broom?

In all seriousness, though: Bush charged in without waiting for the reports to come out. Is it possible that he knew about the lack of WMDs and wanted to get in there before the reports were released because he knew that without WMDs, he'd never have viable reason to go to war?

Let's think about this one, kids.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

He would have a reason but not a viable reason....OIL!

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I dunno, somehow I still think there's something more to it than oil. I can't put my finger on it though. I still think Bush had some other crazy ulterior motive to go in....

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Didn't say it was only that many other things too like get closer to other arab countries who have more oil to bomb, cause fear in america about WMD so they would support him...and more I probably don't know!

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I think that this war was a very good war to do. But my biggest problem with it is how Bush went about it. First, he tried using the reason of WMD's in order to invade Iraq. Later we found that there were no WMD's in Iraq. Secondly, Bush didn't have anykind of a plan as to what he would do once the gov't of Iraq was overthrown. The very reason that kept his father from invading Iraq. This is also the reaosn why we are seeing such large cassualties and injuries form this war. But the crimes that Saddam committed on his people can can be comparable to what Hitler was doing in Germany. But why in the hell did Bush try convincing everyone there was WMD's in Iraq. Oh well Saddam is gone and the americans are left to deal with what they started.