War on Iraq

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by 1200techniques, Nov 4, 2004.

?

Do you think the war in Iraq was a good decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Link04

Link04 Ambient

But like I said, we're doing NOTHING in countries like Sudan who are having worse tragedies done to them. Why? We have nothing to gain from intervening. It sounds horrible, but historically, our nation has usually not acted unless our benefit was inevitable. The situation can loosely be compared to the very same instance you brought up. We condemned Hitler so much, the murderer of 12,000,000, yet we were allies with Stalin, murderer or 20,000,000. Iraq was our ally when a lot of these "tragedies" occured, because they were our only Middle Eastern anti-communist country (or one of them), and now that they're the enemy, we try to make them guilty for it, when we previously looked the other way. Now they are the enemy, and we're looking the other way while over 75,000 have been murdered in Sudan.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yah true, but it's been seen throughout history that the americans have helped other countries one minute and the next theya re droppin bombs on them. Basically its all politics, something very evil, but something we all need in order to live.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

America hated Iran and loved Iraq because they were an anti-communist country and because they were at war with Iran. Advantages:because they were close to th evil Iranians,oil, make them look good by being hero and saving Iran from the satan that rules over them.

Now they hate Iraq because they tried to take over Kuwait who had lots of oil!!! Evil Saddam Hussein we must be the heros and fight him and get oil from fighting them.

Iraq has no weapons of mass destruction because the only weapons they had were very badly maintained because they thought they had no need for them, Bush senior had to GIVE them bombs to fight Iran.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

^_^ I would have worded it differently, but yes.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

:D Evil indeed it is.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Amen

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

How is any war good to do?
    War is just killing and violence that brings no peace until either side have won or the stubborn mule who started it claimed peace/surrender.

War is never a good thing to do no matter "how you go about it".

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The Cost Of War
    Bush stole a shit load of money that could have went to health care, finding the Cure for Aids, and more. Personally I say take out Bush instead of Sadam. This war was for nothing accept making Bush look good.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I still don't get how this made Bush look good, I think everyone thinks of him as an idiot even more than before.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

That's what most people would expect to happen. But apparently, the majority of Americans pat him on the back for it. :argh:

x3r09

x3r09 Well-Known Member

no matter what you think about it...men and women are dying for freedom...so at least give your respect to the armed forces

salinameteora

salinameteora Well-Known Member

according to the american investigater (cant remember his name ) who was in charge of finding evidence of the supposed weapons and who resigned when the investigation into the investigations was starting. Bush decided within 3 days of his presidency that the u.s was going to war with Iraq! why? to finish what his father started with the first gulf war! The british investigater of the weapon search committed suicide when the public started asking questions as to the whereabouts of the weapons that had supposedly started the 2nd leg of the war. and when the public were questioning both governments more and more so that inside enquiries had to go ahead, what happens? Bush announces troops have killed saddams sons, so the fuss dies down for a while but when it started to rise again Bush pulls an even bigger rabbit out his hat by announcing saddam has been captured!!!! funny how coincidental it was that Bush was in Iraq only a few days earlier and one soldier had been stood exactly where the hole was in a previous search, i still find it puzzling how someone can be walking along on solid ground then walk and stand where a tunnel has been dug beneath him and not be able to tell the difference!!!!! STRANGE

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I support our troops by caring for their lives and possible unnecessary exploitation.

Furthermore, at what cost will Iraq gain freedom? Can we even call it freedom, or will they continue to be politcally and economically influenced by the United States?

We are not fighting for freedom, we are fighting for our own personal interest.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I support our troops by caring for their lives and possible unnecessary exploitation.

Furthermore, at what cost will Iraq gain freedom? Can we even call it freedom, or will they continue to be politcally and economically influenced by the United States?

We are not fighting for freedom, we are fighting for our own personal interest. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. Iraq is not free if it becomes an American imperialist country.

Boo

Boo Guest

why does kerry say "we're fighting the wrong war at the wrong place at the wrong time"? Doesn't he know what kind of talk that has on our troops fighting in Iraq. That shows them we don't think they're very important, when they are they REALLY are.
    GO TROOPS

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Ok respect the troops for putting their lives at stake for what they belive is freedom.

But the troops do some extremly ugly things to the Iraqis how is that bringing them freedom?

Link04

Link04 Ambient

It's all murder to me, Spiked. Whether it's "justified" or not remains to be debated.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I never justified anything I was asking how would the army bring freedom to the Iraqis.
    I have no respect for the troops who put bags over Iraqis head and take pictures of them naked.
    But I do have respect for the sane people who were forced to go there and are risking their lives for something they don't belive. (There are troops like that watch Fahrinhiet 9/11).

[Fool]

[Fool] Banned

i gotta admit i can see why they went 2 war with iraq but if you think about it logically it will just make things worse!!!! :angry:

linkin_sylph

linkin_sylph Well-Known Member

Yes.. It is making things worse. Why not liberate Sudan, or other countries that pose a "threat" on you? Oh wait, you ARE the real threat. Next on their list: IRAN. Next on my list: United States of America. They're the biggest threat to the people, and the environment!