uploading music files to websites

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by rosanna, Jul 16, 2004.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

so i have a song that i want t put on my website but i dont know how to do it. i looked for the html code but i cant find it, so i was gonna do my own, but i dont know how. i know the html source code but i dont know if it is possible to upload your own songs, and if it is, can someone tell me?

hope that wasn't too confusing for you guys. :rolleyes:

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

It is possible, and i do it just for school so i have something to listen to :lol: I got the account when i got my internet, so its personal :p I dont actually know where you can upload for free :whistle:

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Hmmm, I'm not completely sure of this, but I think that you would use FTP to get your files to the internet. This should work with music. Although if you're using Tripod or Angelfire, you would use the file manager and just upload them that way.... I think... Or maybe I'm completely wrong. Ask one of the site admins, they should know, they run their own site. ;)

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

You need to have the file uploaded to the server. Then, add a link in the page you want to show it and people should be able to download. If you want them to listen online, that's completly different.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Just playing the song is pretty easy. Streaming is not, though.

Omar

Just playing the song is pretty easy. Streaming is not, though. [/b][/quote]
    It's just a few more lines of code :p However, it does suck out more bandwidth if there are multiple listens...

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

It's just a few more lines of code :p However, it does suck out more bandwidth if there are multiple listens... [/b][/quote]
    Doesn't it require a server that accepts streaming? Or it's only for video? Or you really don't need anything special?

Omar

You just need a streaming extension, and enough bandwidth, and you can embed a streaming player in your site.

I don't like them because you have to stop them from downloading the file & slowing down the page load.

You could also open them in a new page, with the <target_blank> tag.

rosanna

yeah i have angelfire, and i was gonna upload the song to the server, and then use FTP. i can't do streaming audio to save my life (unless i copy and paste the codes, of course).

Omar

why would u need ftp after u uploaded the song? :p
    But, if you're 56k, its smarter to upload through ftp than angelfire's manager.

rosanna

i have the fastest connection, the cable thing...i forget what it is called. the problem is my operating system is a windows 98 and it slows down a lot of operations even though the connection speed is fast. so i dont know what to do.