Competition

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, Jan 18, 2003.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

well, we all know LP was ripped off by Bruce Springsteen for top spot on the Billboard 100 in the first week of Reanimation's release.

so, by the week of March 25th, who could possibly pose a threat to Meteora hitting the top spot on the Billboard Charts? i don't think anyone will, but celine dion is coming out with a cd the same week, and she has a pretty huge fanbase.

post cd's that are coming out the week of march 25th that you think could possibly pose a threat to Meteora.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Let's see here... hmmmmm

No one.
    Truthfully, I don't think anyone can take the top spot from Meteora. I think its gonna be too good of an album. I think with the release of the new single, hype is gonna be so high that a lot of people will be ready to buy Meteora. I know I will. I really don't believe that anyone or any band is gonna have this good of an album.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Deftones

I think their new album is scheduled to be released in March, if not, then its April. But if it is released in March, I think Linkin Park will be up for a challenge.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Good choice. That will be a challenge. I never thought of them. But I think LP can take 'em.

Remasterbated

Remasterbated Banned

No offense because the Deftones are good and all , but i dont think they would stand up to Linkin Park in a competition

:phoenix: REANIMATED

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the Deftones are huge, just about every rock-fan likes the Deftones. If they were released on the same date, I bet the both of them would be right there together.

But, I would still have to say Linkin Park would beat out the Deftones, but Deftones would give them a good run.

Remasterbated

Remasterbated Banned

i know , the deftones are huge , i am a fan of them , but all i'm sayin is that linkin park would beat them out if the cds came out at the same time

:phoenix: REANIMATED

Linkin_maddness

Linkin_maddness Well-Known Member

From what i have the following CDs come out in Australia between the 21st and 29th of March

* Andriods
    * Cradle of Filth
    * Celine Dion
    * Delta Goodrem
    and So Fresh but thats gay (N)

but still i dont see a realise date for Meteora on Sanitys wedsite that aint cool!! :angry:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

please do not use homophobic language on the forums, read the rules in the chit chat forums please. consider your self with your first warning. have a nice day.

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

There are some big names coming out earlier in the month such as Metallica and Limp Bizkit, but they will have already been out for at least a week and won't have the big number of sales anymore. But if they came out the same week it would be fun to watch. (Linkin Park would win though).

Linkin_maddness

Linkin_maddness Well-Known Member

please do not use homophobic language on the forums, read the rules in the chit chat forums please. consider your self with your first warning. have a nice day. [/b][/quote]
    ahh yeah sorry about that i just have a bit of an obsession with that word but will keep in mind your warning sorry again

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

they all are real bad!!

with Reanimation.... did u get it they day it was supposed to be released or when? coz i couldnt get it till about 2 weeks later because everyone every where said it hadnt been released yet.... coz if that happened everywhere in Australia, the same will probably happen with Meteora.

PuNk

PuNk Banned

I knew Limp Bizkit was coming out because my cousin and obsessed with them and I'm going to make a bet with her to see who will sell the most CDs obviouslys LP will. :lol: